REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Black Gold paint

Im in the process of painting my widebody 240sx but having a hard time finding the exact color code. looked into the java black from the 04 sti theres not enough of the gold flakes for me. this is how i want the paint to look

Advertisement
-=K20A=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Have you talked to the owner of that bike? From the looks of it, and I'm guessing since its hard to tell from pics, that paint job is probably custom, which means there's no paint code for it. They probably did a black basecoat followed by a micro-flake mid layer or crushed glass, then clearcoated.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I would say that that is either a brown or a brown kandy....Perhaps look at the HOK colour book or mayber PPG's VIBRANCE book, the PPG stuff is carried by almost any lordco...
deviant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

^ Now the real question is, how many fingers for the gap? 1 or 2

Image source: nico forums
Joke source: nico forums
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

That paint finish is a marbelizer, probable yellow or silver, perhaps a combination or a silver marbelizer with a kandy overtop....and Im gonna say 1 bob
deviant1 is offline   Reply With Quote