REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mitsubishi-tech-resources_314/)
-   -   4g63 turbo tech thread! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562116-4g63-turbo-tech-thread.html)

Spin4G63 01-26-2009 11:34 AM

4g63 turbo tech thread!
 
Might as well start a thread about the best 2L turbo motor ever created by man to date . :)

Post up your mods and HP levels, maybe we can start a dyno image list too.

Eastwood 01-27-2009 12:52 AM

I wish I had AWD. That's a start.

EDIT: do you know if it's possible to convert my Laser to AWD?

azndvdiz 01-27-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastwood (Post 6247893)
I wish I had AWD. That's a start.

EDIT: do you know if it's possible to convert my Laser to AWD?

yeah it possible but will cost alot. Just sell your fwd and buy a awd :D

Spin4G63 01-27-2009 10:14 AM

It has been done, but like azndvdiz ( hard to type that name) said very expensive. unless you have an emotional attatchment to your DSM I would buy the cleanest/non rusted AWD one you can find.

azndvdiz 01-27-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spin4G63 (Post 6248294)
It has been done, but like azndvdiz ( hard to type that name) said very expensive. unless you have an emotional attatchment to your DSM I would buy the cleanest/non rusted AWD one you can find.


btw are you on bcdsm too bro?

if you want a clean awd there is one on craigslist right now not bd 178 original KMs 6/4 combo 1gb for sale $3500 was the asking price. Not sure if you like the color, but I like seeing these rare colored 1gbs in clean condition.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1004036528.html

kent stacey 01-27-2009 02:16 PM

crankwalk anyone , its true tho 4g's are no joke

azndvdiz 01-27-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kent stacey (Post 6248689)
crankwalk anyone , its true tho 4g's are no joke

crankwalk is unheard of, for us on 6 bolts...

anyways crankwalk is mainly caused by a heavy pressure plate for my understand correct me if i'm wrong :D.

kent stacey 01-27-2009 03:22 PM

I believe you are correct , im no 4g mastermind BUT i believe it causes the rod bearings to poop and allowing your crank to move side to side ? as if the crank was walking " crankwalk "

i believe its been heard of on 6 bolt , just not near as often , you should know?

im not bashing 4g's here people i said it myself they are no joke

gsxtcy01 02-23-2009 10:36 PM

i own a 1997 gsx and its fully built. need a place to help me tune my engine. i am using a aem ems system. any help would be great

-kish- 02-23-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsxtcy01 (Post 6297379)
i own a 1997 gsx and its fully built. need a place to help me tune my engine. i am using a aem ems system. any help would be great


post a picture of your car in the dsm picture thread:)

Spin4G63 02-24-2009 01:53 AM

$$ racing in Coq is the closest shop to you that I would suggest.

Spin4G63 02-24-2009 02:39 AM

R_G racing

Synkt 04-05-2009 07:43 PM

Crank walk can happen on any engine, I walked a 22r which I thought was the most indestructible engine ever.
the 2g 7 bolts had a real issue with it though

Berzerker 04-15-2009 10:48 AM

Just picked up a 2G TSI AWD for transfering all the parts to my Dodge Colt. Gonna be a wicked little project. It will be my Winter/Daily driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1En5AoIgkFE

Anyone know how much I can raise the boost on a stock 4G? If put in a boost controler and raise it a few lbs will the computer know what to do with the extra psi?

Berz out.

azndvdiz 04-17-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6380823)
Just picked up a 2G TSI AWD for transfering all the parts to my Dodge Colt. Gonna be a wicked little project. It will be my Winter/Daily driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1En5AoIgkFE

Anyone know how much I can raise the boost on a stock 4G? If put in a boost controler and raise it a few lbs will the computer know what to do with the extra psi?

Berz out.

depends on the turbo your running? t28 they run 12psi max you can manual pump it up to safley is 15-16psi

on a 1g stock is 10-11 psi i tihnk, pump it up to 16 safley as well.

Berzerker 04-18-2009 01:24 AM

So if I add a boost controller and raise it to 15psi the ECU will know what to do with it and it wont throw a code or anything weird?

Berz out.

Synkt 04-20-2009 11:27 PM

15psi is fine on a stock setup. fuel cut happens after around 15psi.

Berzerker 04-20-2009 11:29 PM

Wicked exactly what I wanted to know :D thanks.

Berz out.

Jasdip 06-23-2009 09:13 PM

crazy video

JSims 07-04-2009 10:19 PM

can you put turbo on FWD? or does it have to be AWD?

hk20000 07-04-2009 11:29 PM

FWD is fine Talon TSi has turbo FWD variant from factory.

JSims 07-05-2009 12:08 PM

what other things would you guys request to upgrade befor gettin turbo?.. from start... im new at this.. but like to add some HP to my stock 03 lancer oz rally...

m3lv_VIII 07-08-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSims (Post 6494861)
what other things would you guys request to upgrade befor gettin turbo?.. from start... im new at this.. but like to add some HP to my stock 03 lancer oz rally...

$$$$$

german-anger 07-08-2009 01:06 PM

Where would you look for a good 4G63T engine? Junkyard? Any suggestions?

taylor verna 11-13-2009 03:32 PM

i just blew my talons motor, picking up a laser today tho


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net