REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   How to cure a fever (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562130-how-cure-fever.html)

Euro7r 01-26-2009 11:11 AM

How to cure a fever

I've had a fever since saturday afternoon. I've been taking advil/tylenol every couple hours because the fever keeps coming back.

Any thoughts on what I should do now? If I go to the doctor, he'll give me tylenol or something.

Girl 01-26-2009 01:32 PM

A fever is your body's natural defence mechinism. It's trying to fight off some type of bacterial/viral infection.

-Drink lots of liquids (water, light herbal tea)
-Take vitamin C
-Rest
-Ice pack on the head

tiger_handheld 01-26-2009 02:27 PM

drink lots of Orange Juice and sleep!
advil every 4hrs or so...

Euro7r 01-27-2009 09:12 AM

Well, I've been having hard time sleeping at night as well. So much discomfort. My eyes hurt now too WTF is happening!.

Having this weird nightmare dreams, same crap over and over again. Fuck you!~ I think I'm gonna have a mental breakdown.

twitchyzero 01-27-2009 12:58 PM

Is this like your first time having a fever in your life?

just drink loads of water.

Euro7r 01-27-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 6248663)
Is this like your first time having a fever in your life?

just drink loads of water.

No, just that this time, the effects of this has been longer than usual. Now I have a damn cold.

hal0g0dv2 01-27-2009 05:17 PM

some green tea should do the trick

Fafine 01-27-2009 05:56 PM

my fever just went away today i had it for about 2days. basically just sleep, Tylenol, water, and vitamins. my doctor gave me some centrium which is just vitamins. sleep and water is most important

rsx 01-27-2009 06:47 PM

have you checked your temperature with a thermometer yet? some of these 'nightmares' might be mild hallucinations due to high temp.

monitor your temp if you go 39, that's bad

SkinnyPupp 01-27-2009 09:33 PM

Just keep taking ibuprofen or tylenol. But make sure you know what is causing the fever. If it's an infection somewhere, it could be very dangerous.

Amuse 02-05-2009 09:20 PM

I had a fever since last wed.
It got better this week, but I felt worse 2 days later.
I guess it turned to a flu.

Coughing
Sore throat and red face from coughing
Coughing
Unpleasant phlegm from coughing
Extreme coldness and fever
Fatigue
Headache
Irritated watering and red eyes
Nasal congestion, stuffed nose
Lost my appetite

I feel horrible.

muteki 02-05-2009 11:18 PM

Hmm yeah. my fever's fluctuating, I got better, then got worst. =[

Good_KarMa 02-06-2009 05:37 AM

As soon as i feel a fever coming i do the following:

Down Apple Juice.
Take a hot shower
Tall glass of water
Sleep

Wake up cured!

aznrsx1979 02-06-2009 12:41 PM

The doctor will probably take a swab from the back of your mouth to test for any possible types of harmful bacteria. Like others have said, lots of liquids (water, green tea) and rest.

Worst fever i've ever had got so bad, that I couldn't see straight and couldn't even get out of bed. I knew I was burning up, but didn't have a thermometer to check how bad it was.

ecchiecchi 02-06-2009 12:45 PM

Drink lots of water and sleep with 3-4 blankets- make sure you sweat a lot. Should be gone the next day

racerman88 02-08-2009 08:14 PM

lots of rest will do it

SpoonFit 02-09-2009 09:29 AM

oh f*ck.
I have been sick since last thursday..
started off with mild headaches..didnt think much of it and just downed tylenols.
than in the night got chills than sweated, than damn fevers. Than i was super tired.

just a few days ago i thought i was better but now im still getting fevers!! and now a sore throat WTF..but i do feel more stronger now though i can atleast walk around and play PS3 lol. I hope it goes away soon..

I talked to the doctors and he said its probably a flu bug(virus) going around and its messing everyone up!

BabyblooLexus 02-09-2009 09:37 AM

layer ureself wit a ton of clothing, like a long sleev and a sweater and thick ass sweat pants, wrap ureself in ure heavy duty winter blankie and sleep that shit off, my bf actually just did that yesterday, after an hour nap his fever was gone. although a lil later it came back but it was very minor and lastd for less than an hour. make sure you drink a TON of warm liquids. if ure not constantly goin to the bathroom, ure not drinking inuff!

Girl 02-09-2009 03:22 PM

^Ya there's the old fashion way of sweating a fever out.

Amuse 02-09-2009 09:13 PM

I still have the flu...
It's hard to cure a flu from sweating, fever will be ok
I've sweat so many times while sleeping at night but I still feel the same...
so uncomfortable...
I think I lost 7 pounds during this time

SpoonFit 02-10-2009 09:54 AM

Finally the last 2 days i have been better, fever is going down that i even went for a 2 hour cruise with some friends yesterday..but im still tired, can't sleep at night for shit(3-4hrs a night) and sore throat and dry mouth =(

crazyassmotherf**king virus!!!!!

cunninglinguist 02-10-2009 07:41 PM

Taking a long hot bath helps me.

Wearing lots of clothes to bed and sweating it out is good also.

Supafly 02-11-2009 06:55 AM

eat apples, brocolli and drink tea....apparently there is natural enzymes and stuff that help boost your immune system.

also go get a bottle of COLD MD....they're horse pills (size of a double or triple) but they boost your immune system imensly.

FeistyBearH22a 02-11-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly (Post 6275223)
eat apples, brocolli and drink tea....apparently there is natural enzymes and stuff that help boost your immune system.

Those things wont do anything to when you've already got the fever.

Get plenty of rest and fluids. Are you coughing up anything? Is it green/yellow? If so, you might need some antibiotics.

Amuse 02-11-2009 10:04 PM

I'm finally feeling better now. When my flu is gone completely, I'm going to treat myself to a big bowl of pho!