REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Automotive Chat

Island Automotive Chat Victoria to Port Hardy and everything in between
For all your island car related talk.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

anyplace north island that can tune

just curious if there is any place naniamo or norther that can tune a turbo honda?

hopeing to have all my turbo setup done in the next month or so and dont really want to fool around with the computer tunning myself woudl rather pay someone that knows what they are doing so if anyone knows anywhere would be great
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

i can get the car setup in nanaimo and then tune ya on the dyno in victoria inconjunction with Chris @ $$$$$$$$.

if interested, PM me.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Reo cannot tune for shit.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

reo as in vector? wouldnt even think of taking my car there
Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
Banned (BBM)

what about anyone on the island with nistune?
Fleemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
Actually, i am quite good at tuning. In fact i am probably 1 of maybe 2-3 people on the entire island with the knowledge necessary to build and tune an import engine properly (and the only one on the island with any sort of fuel injection tuning certification). Unfortunately i don't have a dyno, thus we are not equipped to tune cars here.

Btw Dustin, smooth on asking for my advice when you are stuck... then slagging me behind my back.

For the record, this isn't my account, its my girlfriends. I don't actually post/have an account on this site.

Last edited by Supralover; 02-21-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Supralover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supralover View Post
(and the only one on the island with any sort of fuel injection tuning certification).
Wrong. There are people on the island with EFI101 certification.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black SC2 View Post
Wrong. There are people on the island with EFI101 certification.
I don't have the efi101 certificate of completion.. i have their full certification. Maybe at this point somebody else on the island has done this as well, i don't keep track of everyone else on the island into this sort of thing. I know i was talking to someone down there at $$$$$$$$ a year back or so and they were talking about going for it and asking me how it was.

All i am saying is there are very few (few enough that you could count them on 1 hand) people on the island with enough knowledge to build an import tuner engine start to finish.

Also note i'm not claiming to be the best tuner on the island or anything like that... I am just expressing my disappointment that Dustin here would be calling me out, when i have offered my help and expertise to him with no reservations many times in the past.

I also find it odd that he would be able to comment on my tuning ability when i have only tuned a total of maybe 3 cars on the island (2 of which were my own) seeing as we don't have a dyno, and thus don't offer to tune cars. You cannot properly tune an electronic fuel injection system without a load bearing dyno.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #9

I'm not saying you're a bad tuner or anything. Just that it's wrong to say you're the only one with formal training, that's all. Furthermore, in this line of work classroom stuff only goes so far, hands on success goes a lot farther. So go ahead and prove yourself man, don't let the haters slow you down.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black SC2 View Post
I'm not saying you're a bad tuner or anything. Just that it's wrong to say you're the only one with formal training, that's all. Furthermore, in this line of work classroom stuff only goes so far, hands on success goes a lot farther. So go ahead and prove yourself man, don't let the haters slow you down.
Don't worry i didn't take it that way at all. I didn't mean to imply i was the best tuner on the island or anything like that or have a superiority complex about my abilities... Hell, at the end of this drift season when i was down in Cali i had a much more experienced tuner (Frank@Boso Garage) improve my tune.

Not interested in proving anything, i don't tune cars for a living. I run a regular old automotive repair shop. We do things like brake jobs, and engine r&rs at competitive prices .

I tuned my drift car to 438whp (thats ~5hp/cu.in, in highly abusive conditions), and drifted it all season competitively without a problem. I do have some hands-on experience .
Old 03-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #11

Quote:
So this was NOT what I had originally posted. Who has the balls to fess up and state they changed the post ? Jas ? or Steve ? I know you both hate me...and I knwo you can both change posts to suitt without that awesome last edited at the bottom of the post.

I had originally stated that Reo has been professionally trained on how to properly tune engines. and he may be able to help you out as he's a lot closer then victoria or even nanaimo.

G2beater, why would you not take your peice of shit there ? afraid it will come out better then it went in ?

fuck you guys are bullshit. someone comes out and is able to establish a shop and bust his ass to make a honest living out of it and when someone asks for help and a response is given and the response is changed?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

http://www.revscene.net/forums/anyon...s-t563539.html
CallTransOpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #13
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
So this was NOT what I had originally posted. Who has the balls to fess up and state they changed the post ? Jas ? or Steve ? I know you both hate me...and I knwo you can both change posts to suitt without that awesome last edited at the bottom of the post.

I had originally stated that Reo has been professionally trained on how to properly tune engines. and he may be able to help you out as he's a lot closer then victoria or even nanaimo.

G2beater, why would you not take your peice of shit there ? afraid it will come out better then it went in ?

fuck you guys are bullshit. someone comes out and is able to establish a shop and bust his ass to make a honest living out of it and when someone asks for help and a response is given and the response is changed?
no i dont hate you, and i didnt change your post. why would i give a shit where he gets tuned? if i dont have to do it, its one less thing on my plate.

i have talked to him through pm's to help get his setup ready to rock and roll though

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supralover View Post
For the record, this isn't my account, its my girlfriends. I don't actually post/have an account on this site.
That's because you got banned vortxxe.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

lmao somebody changed Big Zee's post? w0w
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #16
dustinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorVIP View Post
lmao somebody changed Big Zee's post? w0w
I don't think so. I saw the post right after it was posted. Could be someone has Big Zee's login info. Maybe time to change password.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Lol. oh teh Dramaz.
94 JDM GC8
FS:
91 Sambar truck 20k kms. $5800 pm for details.
93 Supercharged Sambar Dias Van 5k kms$7200
h0tSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dipper View Post
no i dont hate you, and i didnt change your post.
ok then, I coulda swore you did hatre me but if you don;t I apologise for the wrongful accusing.

still baffles me on how my post went against my friend when I was trying to help him out.