REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Best way to get rid of chubby cheeks

I been working out but i find it is hard to get rid of fat around the cheeks and neck....Do you guys know any suggestions?
I was thinking of some kind of surgery or lipo or is there another better alternative? Also what kind of costs am I looking at and any recommendations on which doctors are good?
On another note I had received some flyer a while back that mentioned lose 1"" around the waist at $100 per inch but I lost that...Was thinking of cutting about 3 inches... and yes working out is better but it doesn't seem to work for me in that area....Maybe I am being a little lazy hahah...
Thanks guys!

CL_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I would stay away from unnecessary facial surgery. Are you doing cardio?
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 AM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_S View Post
I been working out but i find it is hard to get rid of fat around the cheeks and neck....Do you guys know any suggestions?
I was thinking of some kind of surgery or lipo or is there another better alternative? Also what kind of costs am I looking at and any recommendations on which doctors are good?
On another note I had received some flyer a while back that mentioned lose 1"" around the waist at $100 per inch but I lost that...Was thinking of cutting about 3 inches... and yes working out is better but it doesn't seem to work for me in that area....Maybe I am being a little lazy hahah...
Thanks guys!
Yah, I have a fucking awesome suggestion. It's called eat less and exercise more.

You spend that $300 on 3 inches and I'll give you 5-1 odds that you gain it back within a year.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Yeah I eat healthy and lot of protein, only 3 times a day, sometimes 2 if I miss breakfast which i hear is the most important.....I do cardio on treadmill for 45min at a constant pace.......
I am worried too that if I do it, that it might come back....I am just looking at my options right now......I do cardio 3-4 times per week and have been going strong for the last almost 3 months....
CL_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Post recent pictures, face, belly, and legs.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Honestly 3 months of cardio even 4 times a week is nothing. You have to wait a few more months to see the real differences.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_S View Post
Thanks guys!
How long have you been at this? I'm sure you don't have to do something drastic like go under the knife. Give it a little more time, unless you're naturally born with chipmunk cheeks, than there really isn't a whole lot you can do. I've heard ladies going into beauty centres (asian ones) and getting certain facials that helps tone the face, but I don't know if those things work.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Your face is comprised of muscles......

google: jack lalanne face workout.
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:07 AM   #9
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i dont think you have to eat less if you're excercising, just watch what you eat, that's probably more important

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
I bringith the lowerballerith

I don't think there are specific "exercises" that will target losing fat around your cheeks unfortantely. I mean there are "toning" exercises for problem areas like doing situps for tighter abs but losing fat is alll about cardio. Even so, you won't ever be able to predict or direct the areas where you want fat reduction or "muscle-building".

I wouldn't suggest surgery or anything cosmetic because... it doesn't make sense to me to pay for something that could (potentially screw up your face permanently) or for somethign that will naturally return to its original state (chubby cheeks, wider wasit) if all your habits remain the same (eating, exercise, etc.)

I'd suggest increasing your cardio to atleast 4-5 times a week max and you've got to always work at increasing the intensity of your workouts for it to keep showing effects. Changes aren't overnight as someone above mentioned, it won't show after merely 3-4 months.

"Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real [lest we forget."
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter
StampPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

there is no such way for spot reduction which is aiming for an hour to lose fat at. Diet is really important so you will probably want to maintain or raise up the amount of cardio you're doing and make sure you are eating more meals in a day but in smaller portions each time. People have talked about this already so you can easily search this stuff up.
wc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #12
I STILL don't get it

crystal meth
Xnova is offline   Reply With Quote