REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Vicky Christina Barcelona

Vicky Christina Barcelona

Film done by Woody Allen, Scarlett Johansson and Rebecca Hall (pretty cute and she was in Frost Nixon) and Penélope Cruz (also cute) and Javier Bardem (guy who did no country for old men). This movie won a few awards such as golden globe.

Movie was about two girls going to Barcelona. Two girls with totally diff personality meets this weird guy played by Javier. Javier had an X wife who was Penelope. I really can't say much about the movie but it was done extremely well. The narrator did a good job with the movie, the scenery was decent and i enjoyed the love story, difficulties and the circle of love between the 4 people. I think this was the first time i saw Scarlett but I didn't find her pretty at all. I did really enjoy Rebecca's performance. the love struggle between herself and her husband and Javier was show thru her actions.
Cruz was sexy as hell and no wonder she was so sexy being a model. Her Catalan | English | Spanish was a perfect mix and was just amazing.

i really like this love story. It shed some interesting light on how a love relatinoship requires a balance of 3 people which was so weird. Watch this only if you have some free time and only if you do enjoy some decent acting with an interesting script.

8.0/10
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Retired moderator

Ya I've seen this movie. It had a strong Woody Allen feel to it. The narration of this movie gave the movie a whimsical feel to it. It's definitely not your usual Blockbuster movie, I mean with the intimate 3somes and what not.

I agree it's an interesting script, really made you think about human relationships. Loved the European/Spanish flavor of the movie. I had more pull to Rebecca's character as well, even though half the time her struggles felt too internal for me to figure out and I just thought she was dealing with a severe case of constipation, whereas Scarlett's character seemed too confused. Or maybe it was because I was on my third movie on the plane and was pretty much dillusional at that point.

Good movie, 7.5/10
Penelope is worth the watch, she did a pretty fantastic job in it. And something very sensual about most of the intimate scenes.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I just watched it.....good cast but it was kind of boring...
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:04 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
i went into it thinking scarlett and penelope got down and dirty with one another in it and you'd get to see a bunch of stuff (thats what i was told)

mg what disappointment

really a chick flick and if it wasnt for the hope of what i said above i woulda fallen asleep
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,214 Posts
^It's sorta an anti-chick flick as all the characters are no better or worse off than when they started. Still good for laughs though, makes me want to visit Barcelona that much more.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote