REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermorez View Post
Holy mother of xxxx! Impressive work. How wonder how much he charges for a job like this?

By the way, thanks for the link, Brendan. I'll definitely use Ken for the detailing.
No problem, I'm much happier sending people to a detailer who does excellent work that I'm sure about than some whack job
Advertisement
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #27
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Impressive....I'll be booking my car with him in the near future. Thanks for showing his work.
SnoCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoCivic View Post
Impressive....I'll be booking my car with him in the near future. Thanks for showing his work.
No problem, whatever package you work out with Ken I'm sure you'll be 100% happy with the end result
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

whoa... with that kind of work.. I dont think he is any cheaper then those high end detailer shop...
just looking at those pictures makes my wallet feels empty
strayheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)

Ken does high end work. With detailing, you get what you pay for a lot of the times, whether it's products or work. This time it's work obviously. But Ken's been in the business for a long time and knows what works and what doesn't. If you don't feel like paying big bucks, DIY is the next best IMO. Ken has a great selection of products that he has used. Everything he sells he has used and likes. So have a look around and contact him if you need too. He's probably one the most knowledgeable detailers in BC.

http://autowerkesexclusive.com/
Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just so you guys know, my pricing is based on large cars because that is what I work on mostly. If you are driving a small car ie: Civic, Miata etc I can do a better deal than the prices on my website. Also if you want something that isn't listed, let me know.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor78 View Post
Ken I really hope you don't mind me posting this. But I'm going to anyways to shut down the other businesses that just glaze the car over. For those of you who are wondering, here is a sample of Kens (911Fanatic) work.
http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...pics-8332.html

Ken uses quality products, he goes the extra step to get the right products that give that extra shine. Many of his products are from Europe in which he gets brought over himself. Unlike many detailers who say they polish and don't even examine the condition of the paint under different types of light (not just a worklight) Ken, goes the extra step to do so. Don't hesitate to book a detail with Ken. Proof is in that link.

Brendan
you know, i never knew what the big deal was with detailing, but damn those pictures completely blew my mind. its like brand new car after.

did the blazer undergo a single stage polish +protection detail? cuz id be interested in something like this in the near future.
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptik View Post
you know, i never knew what the big deal was with detailing, but damn those pictures completely blew my mind. its like brand new car after.

did the blazer undergo a single stage polish +protection detail? cuz id be interested in something like this in the near future.
Most brand new cars are actually in worst conditions. They sit on the lot and get fall out and all sorts of contaminants that need to be clayed out. Then after the car is sold the dealership washes the car with a broom. Thats where the majority of the damage comes from, thats why when our family cars go in for service, we don't just tell them not to wash the car. We tape a note to the steering wheel
Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #34
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor78 View Post
Honestly, go PM Ken (911Fanatic). Many people keep asking, and a lot of the shops not naming names, don't do that great work. I'd rather take it to somebody who takes pride in detailing and loves what they do. Seriously, PM him, he makes sure everything on your car is done 110%
i saw this thread like when OP first made it, thinking after i went out for a smoke xfactor78 would have post his standard 911fanatic recommendation post and i am right
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
i saw this thread like when OP first made it, thinking after i went out for a smoke xfactor78 would have post his standard 911fanatic recommendation post and i am right
haha. Yeah I do notice that I refer a lot of people to Ken. But thats cause I can say that he's a stand up guy. Took care of all the stuff I needed. I mean I don't recommend people to say Unique or places like that because I've seen some of their work and I can't say it's up to par or even close to Kens. But enough of that, you guys know where I'm going with this
Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
wasn't going to say anything about Ken being a sponsor or anything. but now you can see why I always recommend him. He's a sponsor, does great work, has an excellent selection of products, etc etc... the list goes on.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptik View Post

That Blazer got a 2 stage polish with 2 coats of sealant. Total time was around 23 hours. I am testing some polishes right now that are giving very good results after only one pass so I'm sure we could do something that would make you happy.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #38
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Unique is no longer reputable. There is a long story attached to that. I wouldn't use them

Check out Tom from Details 2 Perfection in Richmond. He is really good
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluE46 View Post
Unique is no longer reputable. There is a long story attached to that. I wouldn't use them

lol last post from this thread was in March...I'm pretty sure he found one already.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #40
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluE46 View Post

Don't come on here and say "they're not reputable" and not provide details.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #41
I am Hook'd on RS

Detailing Shop/Job

My friend works at SPLASHES in whiterock. They do all kinds of cars, top coat restoration, polishing, etc. I've been to his work and maannnn!!, they do Lambos, Ferrari's, Aston's, etc, owned by retired rich people in Whiterock. He also does bedliners. PM me for details about my friend, as he might do it for you.
deric030306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

just because shops have nice cars doesn't mean much. DAS had lambos and all too...they're work = not good
Old 07-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Also my cuz got his 4Runner done by them and they decided that they didn't wanna spend the 4 minutes extra to tape off the plastic door guards, needless to say the polisher stripped the paint and turned them white.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Also my cuz got his 4Runner done by them and they decided that they didn't wanna spend the 4 minutes extra to tape off the plastic door guards, needless to say the polisher stripped the paint and turned them white.
ouch, I'd be uber pissed if that happened to me. I'm sure the detail wasn't cheap either.