REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #101
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dev View Post
why don't you take all that money your spending on buying wheels and tires for your MOM's car, save it up and BUY YOUR OWN.

leeching off your parents only gets you so far in life.
haha sorry I wasn't to clear. My mom paid for them, not me. She was going to buy locally but then I showed her tirerack, and since it was cheaper we went through them. She let me choose the rims, thats all.
Advertisement
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #102
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor78 View Post
haha sorry I wasn't to clear. My mom paid for them, not me. She was going to buy locally but then I showed her tirerack, and since it was cheaper we went through them. She let me choose the rims, thats all.
A-Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #103
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dev View Post
why don't you take all that money your spending on buying wheels and tires for your MOM's car, save it up and BUY YOUR OWN.

leeching off your parents only gets you so far in life.
Shit box Civic VS Mom's G35S....
That must be a tough decision.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #104
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyJai View Post
Shit box Civic VS Mom's G35S....
That must be a tough decision.
hahah no need for that, he was just asking a simple question. As much as I wouldn't mind seeing what this thread would be like in the fight club, lets try keep it clean! No need for that
Old 02-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #105
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Nice car, but why did your friend take a picture of your wheel gap?
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #106
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Nice car, but why did your friend take a picture of your wheel gap?
In all honesty, I'm not going to be able to tell you why as I don't even know. I guess he thought it'd be a cool shot?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #107
RS controls my life!

Xfactor78 handled this thread pretty well PROPS to you not like some other 16 yr olds fucken bragging about there moms car. This thread just teaches you how rs can be so hard on a person and that posting pics of yourself driving a car is a MISTAKE. Most of the people here probably dont even have the balls to post there rides bought by parents or even admit to it. So lesson learned.
RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #108
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 View Post
Xfactor78 handled this thread pretty well PROPS to you not like some other 16 yr olds fucken bragging about there moms car. This thread just teaches you how rs can be so hard on a person and that posting pics of yourself driving a car is a MISTAKE. Most of the people here probably dont even have the balls to post there rides bought by parents or even admit to it. So lesson learned.
Thanks man, really appreciate it. Like I've mentioned before, I don't really care what most people think of me. Yeah I may be one of the few on here with an L still, but theres nothing I can do about it. I got mine asap and the earliest I can get my N is December. People can say the G35 is the gayest sounding pos on earth, but to me I love it! And, what do you expect, this is RS haha.

Lets try and keep the rest of this thread clean guys, if you have nothing useful to say keep it to yourself please.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #109
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^^^ G35 is the gayest sounding pos on earth?

i had to double read that.

VQ even in stock form sounds better than most cars on the road already.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #110
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
constructive criticism = ok
flaming directly/indirectly = points

op: one of those pics were taken behind Marine Chrylser correct? I recognize the railway tracks as I used to work/live in that area.

Keep your cool! and I envy you for having a nice garage and a loving mother that tries to give the best to their child, but not bratty about it.

Work at the N! Drive safely!
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #111
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
try it guys, just try it...

i made a post about fuckers trying to ruin threads purposely pushing them to fight club.

i dont give a fuck because you are costing me money with wasted useless bandwidth. go ethug somewhere else.

im not expecting revscene to be happy go lucky, but im sick of all you fucks that feel they have a right to be an ass. all you ever do is whine u wont come back to revscene, but all u fucking e thug wankers do that.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #112
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
be appreciative if ur parents let you drive their car, or buy a car for you. work hard to get a car urself.

but why be an ass and put down someone elses ride? weather they bought it, they borrow it, or someone bought it for them, if they arent an ass about you, why does it give you a fucking right to be an ass to them?

Once any of you become parents, your sole goal is to provide the best for them. Until they are off their feet, that is your sole goal, and to teach them whats right, and keep from fucking themselves over.

So many bitter fucks on RS... im bitter cuz i gotta pay for these fucking servers for you assholes. Only if it were so easy to pick off each one of u fuckers from RS. But the sad truth is no matter how much you whine about not coming back, or how much you hate rs, you still come back. you still crawl back, even if you are not wanted here. the sad fucking truth.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #113
I STILL don't get it

^ my point exactly. why can't we just respect and act nice to each other!
G Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 PM   #114
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !NiteRaven View Post
constructive criticism = ok
flaming directly/indirectly = points

op: one of those pics were taken behind Marine Chrylser correct? I recognize the railway tracks as I used to work/live in that area.

Keep your cool! and I envy you for having a nice garage and a loving mother that tries to give the best to their child, but not bratty about it.

Work at the N! Drive safely!
Thanks bud I know for sure that it's behind a dealership. Just wasn't sure which one because there are so many on marine. For those industrial shots I just went down Kent and picked out wherever seemed decent.

No need to be envy btw, a lot of things I work for. Obviously I didn't pay for the car, but I pay for all my detailing supplies. I just spent $300 or so on some detailing supplies. Some may think that I'm doing my parents a favour for doing their cars so in turn they should pay for it, but I'm not using over the counter products. Detailing, is a hobby of mine so I pay for it. I am happy though to be able to have a three car garage, really helps with the winter washes.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #115
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

^spring meet is almost underway, I hope EVERYONE will drop their attitudes, and come out for some decent fun and being what RS is about : being car enthusiasts whether its a n older car that needs TLC, or brand spanking new Ferrari.

RS has strayed from its roots for awhile, but I do hope to see RS back into being a site for cars and car lovers, and not just a forum to talk smack or lash out at each other. There's a place for that... it's called Fight Club and THAT is its own seperate domain. Got beef or something provocative on your mind? please take it to Fight Club, don't spill it on the main forum.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #116
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^spring meet is almost underway, I hope EVERYONE will drop their attitudes, and come out for some decent fun and being what RS is about : being car enthusiasts whether its a n older car that needs TLC, or brand spanking new Ferrari.

RS has strayed from its roots for awhile, but I do hope to see RS back into being a site for cars and car lovers, and not just a forum to talk smack or lash out at each other. There's a place for that... it's called Fight Club and THAT is its own seperate domain. Got beef or something provocative on your mind? please take it to Fight Club, don't spill it on the main forum.
I'd love to go! But I'll still have my L, and that I admit will be embarassing rolling around with my mom or dad.... I'll wait till next spring or winter meet whenever I get my N to get out. I really hope it's a good meet though, should be interesting
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #117
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

There are no stipulations on RS that parents can't attend. Open to all age groups.

at past events we've had old and young, general public, etc stroll through our meets and look at members' rides there.

Remember, older folks were young once, and I'm pretty sure at one time or another, almost all our dads were fascinated to some degree with cars. My family is about cars, all my brothers are mechanics including my dad whom use to street race/hat race in his old school Cooper S in Asia.

point being : passion for cars will seldom die before you do
Old 02-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #118
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
There are no stipulations on RS that parents can't attend. Open to all age groups.

at past events we've had old and young, general public, etc stroll through our meets and look at members' rides there.

Remember, older folks were young once, and I'm pretty sure at one time or another, almost all our dads were fascinated to some degree with cars. My family is about cars, all my brothers are mechanics including my dad whom use to street race/hat race in his old school Cooper S in Asia.

point being : passion for cars will seldom die before you do
HAHA very true on your point. I understand that it is for all age groups, but my dad is pretty simple. He uses his car to get from A to B. He doesn't care much about cars, my mom enjoys the technology in cars but still has 0 passion for cars. I'm the only one in my family that has a passion for cars, so I may have to wait. But trust me, once I get my N I'll be around a lot more. I'll try to make it out if one of my parents don't mind tagging along.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #119
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

ok. back on track.

carry on.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #120
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Tell your genius camera buddies to read up on 'the rule of thirds'.. i did.

Oh, and pics of your mom please
Vspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #121
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspeed View Post
Tell your genius camera buddies to read up on 'the rule of thirds'.. i did.

Oh, and pics of your mom please
don't try to start shit all over again, not going to happen. I did say they were camera geniuses but they definitely have a lot to learn. When I said camera genius I meant pretty much they know a lot more than I do and somewhat know how to use a DSLR.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #122
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

you must be a camera moron then..i'm jus offerin some C+C

btw, you're avoiding the second part of my post
Vspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #123
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspeed View Post
you must be a camera moron then..i'm jus offerin some C+C

btw, you're avoiding the second part of my post
yeah I wonder why idiot, it's people like you that ruin revscene. I'll be the first to admit I am a camera moron. Thats why I don't own a DSLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor78 View Post
LET'S TRY TO KEEP THIS THREAD OUT OF THE FIGHT CLUB, IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF
You also must be illiterate, I'm just offering some C+C as well (hint, go back to grade 3)
Old 02-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #124
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

nice car bro...new G35 looks stunning in white good choice
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #125
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by van_driver View Post
nice car bro...new G35 looks stunning in white good choice
thanks bud, appreciate it