REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
chucky200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 332
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Wrist support for strength training

Just wondering if there's a product out there that will support your wrists while lifting heavy weights. I've looked at some sport stores/pharmacies but besides splints (which I have two of), there doesn't seem to be anything else that provides adequate support. Is there such a thing?

I have carpal tunnel diagnosed in both wrists; which has made them weak... upon strengthening my wrists VERY slowly through rehabilitation, I would like to continue to be stubborn and keep up with my weight lifting.

I bought 'weight lifting' gloves, which of course help with grip... but more importantly I need wrist support to decrease the pain.

Has anyone else gone through this?

-C
Advertisement
__________________
Wishing I could be topless all the time.....


2006 Honda S2000 :-)
chucky200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 937
Thanked 268 Times in 93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky200 View Post
Just wondering if there's a product out there that will support your wrists while lifting heavy weights. I've looked at some sport stores/pharmacies but besides splints (which I have two of), there doesn't seem to be anything else that provides adequate support. Is there such a thing?

I have carpal tunnel diagnosed in both wrists; which has made them weak... upon strengthening my wrists VERY slowly through rehabilitation, I would like to continue to be stubborn and keep up with my weight lifting.

I bought 'weight lifting' gloves, which of course help with grip... but more importantly I need wrist support to decrease the pain.

Has anyone else gone through this?

-C
buy some wrist wraps, i know sportchek carries some decent ones (12"). But if you need longer ones you would have to buy online as i have yet to find any places that carry any longer than 12" locally. I have these http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...PS_IRON_WRISTZ 20" and they are great for benching.
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)
 
zarek669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 85
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
forget the straps. strengthen your wrist through masterbation.
zarek669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC,
Posts: 4,231
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
well i have those harbinger gloves that wrap around ur wrist.. it makes a huge difference when you are lifting !!!!!
__________________
i need powah !
hamsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Wenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 156
Thanked 50 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
well i have those harbinger gloves that wrap around ur wrist.. it makes a huge difference when you are lifting !!!!!
If you do want to get these, buy them off ebay. Shouldnt be more then $15 with shipping.
Wenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
chucky200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 332
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
well i have those harbinger gloves that wrap around ur wrist.. it makes a huge difference when you are lifting !!!!!
^^ where do you buy that brand locally?

Thanks for the feedback! I bought some straps from sport check today. Gonna try them out on Sat. I'm liking the look of the support of the harbinger gloves however.
__________________
Wishing I could be topless all the time.....


2006 Honda S2000 :-)
chucky200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Enjoy having puny forearms, if you ever do get big elsewhere
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky200 View Post
I have carpal tunnel diagnosed in both wrists; which has made them weak... upon strengthening my wrists VERY slowly through rehabilitation, I would like to continue to be stubborn and keep up with my weight lifting.
:
You're just setting yourself up to get hurt more in the future.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC,
Posts: 4,231
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky200 View Post
^^ where do you buy that brand locally?

Thanks for the feedback! I bought some straps from sport check today. Gonna try them out on Sat. I'm liking the look of the support of the harbinger gloves however.

http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do...&styleId=27571

i also bought them at sportschek !!! =)
__________________
i need powah !
hamsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
chucky200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 332
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Enjoy having puny forearms, if you ever do get big elsewhere
^^Thanks. I'm not going for size, only for strength. I have a bad upper back (from an old car accident) that I have to keep strong/make stronger to prevent pain that happens when the muscles weaken.


Thanks Hamsup, I must have been looking right at them! Looks like I'll be making another trip over to check them out.
__________________
Wishing I could be topless all the time.....


2006 Honda S2000 :-)
chucky200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,036
Thanked 17,640 Times in 5,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky200 View Post
^^Thanks. I'm not going for size, only for strength. I have a bad upper back (from an old car accident) that I have to keep strong/make stronger to prevent pain that happens when the muscles weaken.


Thanks Hamsup, I must have been looking right at them! Looks like I'll be making another trip over to check them out.
I meant puny in terms of size and strength. If you are serious about using straps, you aren't "going for" anything, other than fail.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Wenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 156
Thanked 50 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I meant puny in terms of size and strength. If you are serious about using straps, you aren't "going for" anything, other than fail.
He said he had carpal tunnel, and wanted to continue his workout while strengthening his wrists SLOWLY through rehab... so he'll probably use the straps until his wrists are well enough.
Wenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net