REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Retired Traffic Cop
skidmark's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 9,023
Thanked 115 Times in 66 Posts
Behind the Wheel - Restricted Utility Vehicles

Have you ever wanted to drive your special purpose utility vehicle on the highway but were prevented because it could not be licensed and insured? Effective February 1, 2009 Division 24 of the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations was amended to broaden the type or utility vehicle and their areas of operation. While in most cases you won't be taking your golf cart downtown for groceries, you will be able to use certain utility vehicles which sometimes require road use, incidental to their off road work.

Once properly licensed, you will be able to use a wider range of utility vehicles for incidental use in and around work sites and in designated areas, for example: private property, parking lots, campgrounds, golf courses. That is in addition to pre-existing uses of crossing a road or travelling in a ditch or on a grass boulevard with an ATV.

Operation permits from police will not be required where the utility vehicle is operated in routine, low-speed settings such as private property, parking lots, universities, colleges and other designated areas; for public works use of utility vehicles on roads that have a speed limit of less than 50 km/h; and, when law enforcement uses a utility vehicle for a law enforcement purpose. The police issued operation permit will continue to be required for use situations that have higher risk and are not listed in these examples.

The use of golf carts and snowmobiles regulated by this division in the past has not changed, but miniature vehicles such as pocket bikes, go karts and toy scooters are now specifically prohibited from on road operation unless they are being used as part of a parade.

Reference Links
Have you ever met anyone that would admit to being less than a better than average driver ??

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of