REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #51
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
i never ever got my $100 certificate to new balance and that was one year ago =|
I'm not sure they ever intended to honour their shoe voucher promo. I joined in late June and was told it'd be mailed to my provided mailing address because they were out of stock and in early August still no shoe voucher so I contacted the guy that I negotiated my contract with. He gave me a voucher with a ref # and on it he wrote the date that I joined.

The caveat is that the voucher to get a voucher (seriously) expires within 30 days and you would've had to call in to their head office to quote your ref # to get the real voucher in the mail.

I spoke with Connie from head office and she's extremely unhelpful, basically accuses you of lieing because according to her, vouchers were never issued by mail when you signed up and no way a SNSC staff would've told you that.

I signed up through email so thankfully I have records of what was said. Not that the $100 shoe voucher was the reason why I signed up with them but it's irritating how through my experience it seems they weren't very serious about honouring the promotion.
Advertisement
Quacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I got my voucher with no problems whatsoever. Were vouchers also offered for signing up? I got mine for a referral
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #53
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I went for a 7 day trial pass, and they had to talk to me and everything. After I had my workout, they tried to make me commit to a membership. When I said I only wanted to try it for 7 days, they said that only applies if I sign up for a few months (they'll add 7 days on to membership).
They did have a cool ab workout machine (the medicine ball one).
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #54
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^ how much did they quote you?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #55
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

^^^ Yeah, when I signed up it was going as a new promo for new members.
Quacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #56
I am Hook'd on RS

I signed up before they opened, so I'm currently paying only $4x a month. Pretty good deal imho. My favorite aspect of this gym is how everything is maintained and the place cleaned regularly. Not having little teens around playing with the equipment is quite a perk as well. The people usually going here are pretty serious about their workout, considering the relatively high cost of membership.
iEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #57
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

my membership at SNFW(not regular one but lvl 2 where you can go everywhere except one in downtown) comes out to be around $35/month.
I had to pay up front for 20 months though
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #58
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I'm at fitness world.. and I love it whenever I meet/talk to random hongers. They fucking LOVE saying "Yeah. I workout at Steve Nash"
"Oh which one?"
"The one on Gilbert"

It's a fucking fitness world. Fuck you. Adding Steve Nash to the name doesn't make it any better than it was before.
well said...that was awsome!

been going there since 94 and paying $15 a month
Old 10-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #59
I don't get it

the steve nash gyms cost too much, even with a friends and family discount it works out to $65/month
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #60
is adopted but doesn't know it. Shh, don't tell him.

Has anyone tried negotiating a membership at the new Brentwood location? How much did you guys get it down to?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

I went to the richmond Steven Nash sports club. Seems nice for the general public in that its PACKED with machines. But when I had trouble finding a power rack, i wanted to walk out right there and then. Turns out it was all the way in the rear corner of the gym. 1 power rack. Weights were not rubber so I clanged like a barbarian while doing deadlifts

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #62
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddoe View Post
Has anyone tried negotiating a membership at the new Brentwood location? How much did you guys get it down to?
Went there yesterday night to check it out. I tried to ask for the rate straight forward, the receptionist tried to sit me down with one of their sales reps. I kindly refused and after some more failed attempts from their sales rep to sit me down they finally gave me a price.

$54 initiation fee, $39/month (limited to that location only)
Opens in April

I went over to Golds across the street, tried it out and I'm probably going to be joining there. In comparison Gold's rates are:

$79 initiation fee, $44/month (student price, SN-FW didn't have a student rate)
+ 1st month free

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #63
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
too many skinny fobs work out there, granted teh squat rack and free weights are always empty.
yup... that's one of the perks
tomiesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Damn, i went to the sportsclub stevenash in downtown and one of the sales rep gave me 2 options:
1. pay $150 initation fee and then $65/month
orrr
2. pay $85 initation fee and then $85/month

To me, it seems like it's different for every sales rep. I just wanted to go there for a free day pass, but she wouldn't shutup about trying to get me to join. They also called me every other day to come in the 7day pass.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #65
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Posted via RS Mobile
supaaa is offline   Reply With Quote