REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #26
kyo
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
LOL, I'm not so sure about the border but the cops will arrest you up if pulled over and you have unpaid the tickets even if it's just one. You either pay or go up in front of the judge.
Yup, i do agree on this. but people are talking about at the border here.
Advertisement
kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

I'm guessing it's outside their jurisdiction so Border Patrol and Customs aren't going to care about it. They've got enough on their hands without having to do the work of the local PD.

However, with that said, if there is some kind of co-operation between the two police departments, they actually do have the ability to do something about it. Back when I lived in Denver, I got a ticket in Delaware. (speeding ticket) I lost the ticket, and hence didn't pay it. The state of Colorado sent me a letter saying they'd suspend my license if I didn't pay that ticket from Delaware.

While I don't think BC and WA state have anything like this, I wouldn't be surprised if one day this does happen.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dub View Post
Are you sure man? Not saying that you're bsing but, 'friend of a friend' isn't exactly the best source for info. If I were to make an educated guess, border security has bigger things to worry about and I doubt your name would come up on their computer unless you were wanted for something big. Possibly if you have a few outstanding tickets, but I highly doubt one ticket will get you arrested at the border.

However, with that said, if you were driving and you get pulled over again, then you will go to jail.

You can roll the dice, if you don't plan on going back to that state ever again, don't bother with paying the ticket.
you got a point, a friend of a friend is not the best source, i was very skeptical myself, he had no reason to bs about it, he was just giving my friend a heads up.
TheBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Just pay it.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #30
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Personally I would just pay it. $150 bucks or something after converted to CAD.
Even if you don't plan on going back, you never know if you might go there again in the far future, forget about it, and get arrested while you're on a family trip or something.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I got one in september for 390us... BASTARDS
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote