REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 02-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
I STILL don't get it

transmission engagement problems

Anyone else with this problems w/ their 04 Acura TSX? I bought my TSX back in May 2003. Now it has around 84000 kms on it. Anyways the transmission have not been engaging lately. 6 months ago, Northshore Acura told me the transmission fluid was leaking and they fixed it under warranty. Now the same problem is occurring on my vehicle except sometimes the vehicle won't even move and the engine will keep on revving. I don't know if my car still has the warranty or not. It has been more than 5 years. Does anyone know how much this will cost to fix and is any other owners experiencing this out there?
Advertisement
SilverT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
RS controls my life!

Warrenty, i believe is 5 years or 100,000 kms. So it looks like you're out of warrenty. Unless theres been a warrenty extension. (theres been some warrenty extensions done by honda on some models in the past cause of problems) Not sure on the Acura side of things.
What was done to fix the leak 6 months ago?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
RS controls my life!

You bought an 04 in march of 03?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
I STILL don't get it

I believe they replaced the driveshaft on the transmission to stop the transmission fluid from leaking. btw does anyone know how much it will cost to tow the car from kingsway and knight area to northshore Acura? Is it covered under our insurance policy or do u need roadside plus for that?
yeah i bought the car in may 03 coz the 04 models came out then.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
auto or manual?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I'm assuming you are referring to the 6-speed.

I have an 04'TSX and i dont have that problem.

You might wanna try here..
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/
CivicS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
I STILL don't get it

it's an automatic
Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

I got the car towed into northshore Acura today. The transmission died but they couldn't explain why it died. Yup it's 6 months past the warranty so Acura is unwilling to cover for it. The manager at Northshore Acura contacted Honda Canada and they were unwilling to cover it. Then he phones his district manager two times when his district manager finally agreed to pay for the parts. I'll have to pay for $800 of labour and they'll pay for the rest and I'll get a brand new tranny. Originally it would of cost me $4500. They only did it coz I bring my car in for servicing regularly.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

wow
take care of ur new tranny
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS(SOLD)
1994 Mazda Miata R(SOLD)
2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7(SOLD)
2015 Toyota Prius V
1980 Crossle 45F Forumla Ford
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 V8
Derek128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

Northshore Acura service manager is a good guy. Worked with him for many years when he was a tech. Recently worked his way up to manager. good for him