REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 02-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thoughts on HTC Touch Pro?

I was thinking of getting this phone. Its got some good reviews online but I want to get some opinions from people who have or used this phone.
Advertisement
westcoastgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Well the fact that it is only available on CDMA networks kills it for anyone that really uses there phones. However if you don't care about slow as pig downloading speeds, then it is an Awesome Phone. I have the HSPDA enabled HTC Tytn aka Hermes, and Love It. I just wish the CPU was faster and the ram was more. The Touch Pro has a faster CPU, 4x the ram as my phone. The Touch Pro has the full QWERTY keyboard as well. If you do a lot of texting, emails on your phone its a must have. 640x480 display, expandable Micro SD slot that can be tweaked to handle 16gb MicroSD cards as well. It can be teatherd to a laptop to get internet access on a laptop. (albeit slow as hell on CDMA) I am so waiting for Rogers to get it, but I fear it won't ever make it to North America for GSM networks.
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

GSM variant of HTC Touch Pro is AT&T Fuze
check the raphael thread on xda developer. You can even upgrade the rom with one of many cooked roms available, they are usually better than stock rom.
tcneo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFiero View Post
Well the fact that it is only available on CDMA networks kills it for anyone that really uses there phones. However if you don't care about slow as pig downloading speeds, then it is an Awesome Phone. I have the HSPDA enabled HTC Tytn aka Hermes, and Love It. I just wish the CPU was faster and the ram was more. The Touch Pro has a faster CPU, 4x the ram as my phone. The Touch Pro has the full QWERTY keyboard as well. If you do a lot of texting, emails on your phone its a must have. 640x480 display, expandable Micro SD slot that can be tweaked to handle 16gb MicroSD cards as well. It can be teatherd to a laptop to get internet access on a laptop. (albeit slow as hell on CDMA) I am so waiting for Rogers to get it, but I fear it won't ever make it to North America for GSM networks.
I believe it has been confirmed that rogers is getting in within the first half of 2009
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thank You Both for the heads up about the GSM variants. If Rogers gets it, I'll be one of the first people calling in for it. I got the Tytn before it was even released publicly. They offered me the Diamond before it was even in stores for 99 bucks or the I-Phone for free. I turned them down. When my wifes HTC Touch started acting up I called in and got the Diamond for Free for her. Diamond won't work for me. So if the Touch Pro does show up, I'll be in happy cell phone land again.

As for XDA I have been on there for a long time and offer free hosting for Hermes Roms and Elfin Roms. CAB/Roms/Apps file repository is here, www.captfiero.com/roms
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote