REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Hockey Gear Whoring Thread and Reviews (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564246-hockey-gear-whoring-thread-reviews.html)

Tim Budong 01-29-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8588263)
What flex and curve do you like?

I have an uncut L P92 77 flex that I am willing to sell.

noooooooo...too bad not RH

6thGear. 01-29-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 8584183)
Are there any saturdays Stick & Puck anywhere?

Planet ice (formerly great pacific forum) has it on wknds but its always packed.

Tim Budong 02-17-2015 06:36 AM

So has anyone taken the 1x for a spin?

Kilinim 02-17-2015 06:37 AM

Don't buy the hype of another $300 stick:whistle:

Spidey 02-17-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilinim (Post 8597636)
Don't buy the hype of another $300 stick:whistle:

I'd only get it for the new p28 curve.

m3thods 02-17-2015 03:59 PM

Never played with it but handled it. The first thing I noticed was the new taper. It was that noticeable.

I hope that doesn't mean it's any less durable than previous iterations. Otherwise that's an expensive future shaft.

Tim Budong 02-17-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8597869)
Never played with it but handled it. The first thing I noticed was the new taper. It was that noticeable.

I hope that doesn't mean it's any less durable than previous iterations. Otherwise that's an expensive future shaft.

i need to go check it out one of these days.

I need to load up for sticks for HK...

Mike Oxbig 02-17-2015 07:17 PM

Why do you have to go top tier sticks?

Tim Budong 02-17-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 8597938)
Why do you have to go top tier sticks?

I don't have to. But I may as well use those team assists.

But I'm so spoiled after getting some hand me down totalOneNXGs

RevYouUp 02-17-2015 08:32 PM

Yea high end sticks aren't worth it unless they're are on sale.. It's all about using the right flex and curve for a nice shot .. I'm currently using a low end ccm rbz stick instead of my reebok 20k that I got on sale. The flex was just too stiff for my liking; used it once and it's just my backup stick now. Thank god I got it on sale with a stacked TA coupon.

I don't know why they sell so many 85-100 flex sticks at sportschek, it's seems so hard to find a decent 75 flex stick there.

Mike Oxbig 02-17-2015 10:04 PM

^ Did you buy a flex higher than 75?

Tim Budong 02-17-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevYouUp (Post 8597967)
Yea high end sticks aren't worth it unless they're are on sale.. It's all about using the right flex and curve for a nice shot .. I'm currently using a low end ccm rbz stick instead of my reebok 20k that I got on sale. The flex was just too stiff for my liking; used it once and it's just my backup stick now. Thank god I got it on sale with a stacked TA coupon.

I don't know why they sell so many 85-100 flex sticks at sportschek, it's seems so hard to find a decent 75 flex stick there.

I have to completely agree with this statement.

I went from a totaloneNXG 67flex Kane Curve to a APX 77 Kane and I find that I have a bit more of a control instead.

I will get a feel of the 1X this week. Hopefully The Hockey Shop will let me demo the stick

m3thods 02-18-2015 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Budong (Post 8598051)
I will get a feel of the 1X this week. Hopefully The Hockey Shop will let me demo the stick

I can't see why not. It's a halo product that they want to get out the door in customer hands as much as possible (especially at full MSRP). They probably have a few downstairs already taped up for demo.

For me I used a 2-piece for the last 10 years. When it became difficult to source blades I liked for a moderate price, I started to look at closeout previous-year OPSs. I don't think I'll ever go back to buying blades (even though I love my Dolomite).

I ended up buying a Sherwood Nexon N10 on a whim because it was $50, and apparently was pretty high-end 2 years ago. I liked it so much that it led to me hoarding what's probably the last Nexon N10/N12 75-flexes in the lower mainland from Sport Chek. For the price of a 1x, I have 5 sticks that have top-end construction and performance albeit from 2 years ago. It should last me a long time (hopefully!).

Tim Budong 02-25-2015 09:12 AM

Ended up buying another totalonenxg...may as well since its on sale at most places...

Im too use to it

Jaffray 03-03-2015 08:50 PM

+1 for NXGs. Used it in practice from a teammate when I had an Mako M5 (worst stick to me) and it was magical lol, picking off corners like it was nothing..

Had an X:60 for the longest time. Was theee best stick plus it was on sale at the time:toot:

Now using an mid end supreme stick that sportchek was clearing out to make room for the new line supremes' and it's pretty good so far!

Would love to try the 1X but that price tag ain't worth it lol

Tim Budong 03-06-2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaffray (Post 8604667)
+1 for NXGs. Used it in practice from a teammate when I had an Mako M5 (worst stick to me) and it was magical lol, picking off corners like it was nothing..

Had an X:60 for the longest time. Was theee best stick plus it was on sale at the time:toot:

Now using an mid end supreme stick that sportchek was clearing out to make room for the new line supremes' and it's pretty good so far!

Would love to try the 1X but that price tag ain't worth it lol

someone I know has it... i got a chance to try it out... its stupid how effortless it is...

Kilinim 03-06-2015 07:38 AM

I've got a mint pair of CCM RBZ pants :fullofwin:in med for sale

skiiipi 03-18-2015 06:48 PM

heard from a very reliable source that Pro Hockey Life is coming to BC.....finally

mickz 03-18-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 8611956)
heard from a very reliable source that Pro Hockey Life is coming to BC.....finally

I heard 2016? I went to the PHL in Vaughan 3 years ago and it was quite impressive. Literally just like Golf Town but all hockey. Location pending, if they can bring over the same experience then I can see them giving local shops a run for their money.

The current Marine/Byrne Sportchek location seems like a perfect candidate for a makeover.

Kilinim 03-18-2015 08:35 PM

I need roller hockey chassis' for a size 8 boot. Anyone have some?

m3thods 03-18-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilinim (Post 8612002)
I need roller hockey chassis' for a size 8 boot. Anyone have some?

Did you care about what kind? I have an old HiLo (72-80) that you can take off of old 9 Nikes that should fit the bill. The condition being you take the skates off of my hands :)

Regarding PHL- to me, they are obviously cool because it's basically a warehouse full of hockey equipment (similar to HM/IM/GM in Cali). I always make an effort to visit one when I have an opportunity, but aside from selection their prices were on par if not more than the local go-to stores here. That said, I'm all for local competition as it will like drive sale prices down for everyone.

skiiipi 03-18-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 8611994)
I heard 2016? I went to the PHL in Vaughan 3 years ago and it was quite impressive. Literally just like Golf Town but all hockey. Location pending, if they can bring over the same experience then I can see them giving local shops a run for their money.

The current Marine/Byrne Sportchek location seems like a perfect candidate for a makeover.

Late 2016 early 2017.
Tswassen Mills next to Sportchek, same layout ad the current cross iron Mills phl and sportchek

Kilinim 03-24-2015 05:14 PM

A big thank you to m3thods!!! He was able to donate to me an old set of Rollerblades with decent chassis' and wheels which was exactly what I needed. Much appreciated dude :) Will gladly return the favour or pay it forward!!!

m3thods 03-24-2015 10:20 PM

It's all good man glad you could use them! I won't be asking for anything in return so definitely pay it forward :D

Tim Budong 03-31-2015 05:30 PM

picked these up...
Brand New Tanev NXGs and some hulk green NXGs gloves...both are the same size and fit very well. funny
those long cuffs on the Tanevs don't restrict movement as they flare out.
http://i.imgur.com/KfncDC1.jpg
New palms+griptac stick... never realized how sticky they were on old old palms.. now I know.. ughhhhhhhhh