REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #2076
Banned By Establishment

Sticks Photos by pushok85 | Photobucket

One not used, other one has a few practices. Sakic curve, cut down to senior length, prob around a 100-105 flex.
Advertisement
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #2077
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Sticks Photos by pushok85 | Photobucket

One not used, other one has a few practices. Sakic curve, cut down to senior length, prob around a 100-105 flex.

what do you mean cut down to senior length? sticks are either senior, int, or junior... unless it was an extra long... seeing it is a pro stock, I don't think it is a true totalone. The weave on the blade suggests it's probablya one95 dressed as a totalone.... or totally customized for whoever the player it is made for....

looks kinda more like a drury than a sakic imo
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #2078
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
what do you mean cut down to senior length? sticks are either senior, int, or junior... unless it was an extra long... seeing it is a pro stock, I don't think it is a true totalone. The weave on the blade suggests it's probablya one95 dressed as a totalone.... or totally customized for whoever the player it is made for....

looks kinda more like a drury than a sakic imo
It was extra long, I cut off maybe an inch and its a P92 curve. It was sold at prostockhockey as a total one, they list their dressed sticks. Either way, I'm looking to sell these two since I won't be using them. I wanted to try a TO Bauer but it wasn't for me, I'm an Easton user.

PM for price. Two for the price of one.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #2079
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
It was extra long, I cut off maybe an inch and its a P92 curve. It was sold at prostockhockey as a total one, they list their dressed sticks. Either way, I'm looking to sell these two since I won't be using them. I wanted to try a TO Bauer but it wasn't for me, I'm an Easton user.

PM for price. Two for the price of one.
im a righty, and use 75-85 flex sticks.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #2080
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Haha I wish....I just play a lot (3-6 games a week).

I'm pretty rough with my sticks due to the style I play. I had my first Sher-Wood SL825 break on a poke check play, I had someone fall on and break my Simmons 9970. A shot shattered my composite Bauer TotalOne 4 games in, slap shot broke my last Sher-Wood SL825 at the handle, a foot below top of the knob.

Now I'm on a 27" RBK 8K composite, with a Sher-Wood P9950 foam core as a backup.

I'm going poor from all the sticks =(

NOW, Got shot in the throat back on monday. So I got this:
http://www.hockeycorner.de/bilder/pr...or-2013-14.jpg

Lots of heat buildup, but feel safer instead.
These are also pretty popular amongst goalies looking for neck protection: Collars, Combos, Mask Padding, Lace Bite Pads, Mask Padding | Maltese Sports Products
Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #2081
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Took another high stick to the visor last night.
I was playing D and the forward was coming in 1 on 1. He tries the inside outside move on me and I didn't bite. His stick comes up as he tries to get around me and clips me on the underside of the visor. His blade just grazed my cheek and eye.
Luckily for me, no damage but it was scary knowing 1 mm difference and I could be blind right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #2082
UFO

I just wear a cage. The risk isn't worth the little to no reward, especially if I'm PAYING to play the game.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #2083
Banned By Establishment

Has anyone tried those weights you can put on your ankles for warm-ups/practice, then remove them for games?
Old 10-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #2084
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Jaromír Jágr My training (1) - English subtitles! - YouTube

Jagr trains with weights on, what a beast..
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #2085
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
These are also pretty popular amongst goalies looking for neck protection: Collars, Combos, Mask Padding, Lace Bite Pads, Mask Padding | Maltese Sports Products
yeah I looked into them too for those and knee guards...

WAAAAY too pricey....
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #2086
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I just wear a cage. The risk isn't worth the little to no reward, especially if I'm PAYING to play the game.

I just started wearing a cage after 25 years of hockey...this was a month ago

cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #2087
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
I just started wearing a cage after 25 years of hockey...this was a month ago

trevor. linden.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #2088

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Damn... What happened there? Kinda looking like Lucic lol.
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #2089
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Dale?
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #2090
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Damn... What happened there? Kinda looking like Lucic lol.
Posted via RS Mobile

Took a stick across the nose, broken in 2 spots, 4 stitches to close up the pressure cut.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #2091
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I'm I'm thinking of picking up an 11k girdle for ice hockey. Anyone here use one? Wondering how shells attach to the girdle.
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #2092
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i thoughgt girdles were only for roller hockey
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
I'm I'm thinking of picking up an 11k girdle for ice hockey. Anyone here use one? Wondering how shells attach to the girdle.
Posted via RS Mobile
You will need a girdle shell. Normal pant shells generally have no padding and only a belt to keep it up.

Girdle shells have plastic inserts to protect the kidneys and three velcro straps (one on each side, one on back) that thread through the loops on the ice girdle.

You can still make some alterations to a normal pant shell to make it stay up on a girdle if you can't find a girdle shell.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #2094
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Time to get a new visor... anyone use an Oakley VR910?? I know it's not the coolest looking visor, but hoping it give more face protection....
mazdaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #2095
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaboi View Post
Time to get a new visor... anyone use an Oakley VR910?? I know it's not the coolest looking visor, but hoping it give more face protection....
No offense, but if you're looking at that visor you might as well go full cage. Most modern cages are lighter, and at least with the new Bauer ones, the colour doesn't interfere as much with your peripheral vision. At the beer league level people tend to use visors because they're cooler than their cage cousins. To me, there's no difference between going to the VR910 and going to a cage.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #2096
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
No offense, but if you're looking at that visor you might as well go full cage. Most modern cages are lighter, and at least with the new Bauer ones, the colour doesn't interfere as much with your peripheral vision. At the beer league level people tend to use visors because they're cooler than their cage cousins. To me, there's no difference between going to the VR910 and going to a cage.
I'd rather wear the vr910 than a cage anytime. The main issue I have with a cage is the lack of vision when looking down at my feet/digging for the puck against the boards. Even with the VR910, you will be able to look down and not be obstructed.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #2097
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Agreed. I know that if I wanted full protection I should go with a cage, but I still prefer to use a visor.... I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on the VR910 once Cyber Monday comes around.
mazdaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #2098
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

why not just get a full face visor?

best of both worlds.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #2099

^^

Because no one wants a fishbowl out there haha!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #2100
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I'd rather wear the vr910 than a cage anytime. The main issue I have with a cage is the lack of vision when looking down at my feet/digging for the puck against the boards. Even with the VR910, you will be able to look down and not be obstructed.
While I do appreciate that use-case, I've never had any issue with that using a Reakt cage (or any Bauer oval cage dating back to their 8000s). Assuming you get the cage that fits and the chin cup is where it's supposed to be, there shouldn't be anything blocking your peripheral vision at your feet.

Whenever I look at visors nowadays, the thing about them that keeps me wanting them is the ability to wipe my face/brow without undoing anything. Then I look at the different injuries that people get while I play and kill that idea. In the past year I've been in games where a puck flip deflected into a coworkers face dislodging his front teeth, or an errant follow-through knocks out 6 teeth requiring multiple stitches, oral surgery and multiple implants. With an implant costing almost 2k each, I've learned to live with looking uncool and missing the puck once in a blue moon in my feet by using a cage. And those are the accidents- I'd rather not leave my teeth in the hands of the guy on the other team who still thinks he's got a shot in the NHL and plays like a reckless idiot.

Different strokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
^^

Because no one wants a fishbowl out there haha!
Preach! lol
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote