REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #2101
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Wearing a cage is no issue once you get used to it.
Lost count of the number of times that a puck/stick has hit my cage over the years.
I'd highly recommend getting a titanium one - its almost weightless.
Advertisement
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #2102
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Hi all, I don't normally post here but I frequent this section and read up on reviews/advice. I guess I am a lurker and i've learned a crap load.

Just picked up a new visor/cage so I want to get rid of my Bauer deluxe visor to recover some cost. I've made a FS thread linked in the spoiler ... #shamelessplug

vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #2103
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Time for a new pair of skates and sport ckek has some ccm u+ 08/12 on sale. Never has ccm skates before. How are these skates? Are these wide , narrow? Is sizing 1 or 2 sizes down? Like to get an idea before heading to a store. Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #2104
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
hockey monkey has 20% off everything right now
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #2105
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Time for a new pair of skates and sport ckek has some ccm u+ 08/12 on sale. Never has ccm skates before. How are these skates? Are these wide , narrow? Is sizing 1 or 2 sizes down? Like to get an idea before heading to a store. Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
Compared to what? Bauer?

IIRC CCMs run wider than Bauer Vapors throughout the foot. Flatter arch. Similar to a Reebok fit. Sizes are comparable to other skate manufacturers.

Some Sport Cheks should have enough selection from most of the manufacturers to make an informed decision. Stack a deal with some TeamAssist coupons!
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #2106
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
CCM's run at least 1 to 1 1/2 size smaller than your shoes.
I wear size 9's and my RBK's are 7 1/2's, as were my old CCM 852's.
Ball of the foot is slightly wider than a Bauer and definitely less arch than the Bauers.
Also, the CCM's have a V styled heel whereas the RBK's have a U shaped heel so the fit is different. Definitely have to test fit them.
CCM changed their book designs when RBK bought them and the RBK's fit more like the old CCM tacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #2107

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
I have a team assist coupon to use and skates is something I want to see in person before purchasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Compared to what? Bauer?

IIRC CCMs run wider than Bauer Vapors throughout the foot. Flatter arch. Similar to a Reebok fit. Sizes are comparable to other skate manufacturers.

Some Sport Cheks should have enough selection from most of the manufacturers to make an informed decision. Stack a deal with some TeamAssist coupons!
I actually am coming from a Bauer Vapor XXII. If CCM's run wider, sounds to me they aren't for me then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
CCM's run at least 1 to 1 1/2 size smaller than your shoes.
I wear size 9's and my RBK's are 7 1/2's, as were my old CCM 852's.
Ball of the foot is slightly wider than a Bauer and definitely less arch than the Bauers.
Also, the CCM's have a V styled heel whereas the RBK's have a U shaped heel so the fit is different. Definitely have to test fit them.
CCM changed their book designs when RBK bought them and the RBK's fit more like the old CCM tacks.
Hmm...with this info I may pass on CCM's then. Maybe if I have time this wknd, I'll swing by a store and try on a pair. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #2108
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
I tried on a bauer IMS helmet today.. jesus that thing is sweet. also tried one on with a titanium cage (i think it was a reakt one), and those who said it is unnoticeable is right. this thing is super light and so thin that i could get used to it pretty fast... but unfortunately i won't be wearing a bird cage until something happens

the easton e700 helmet is sexy and comfortable as well... should have gotten that when i was debating between that and the bauer 7500 i ended up getting
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #2109
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
except for bauer stuff that they can't ship, Vaughn gear that isn't allowed to go on sale, and pretty much anything else worth while.

Hockeymonkey and goaliemonkey just aren't what they used to be, especially now that the hockey shop is matching HM and GM pricing.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I tried on a bauer IMS helmet today.. jesus that thing is sweet. also tried one on with a titanium cage (i think it was a reakt one), and those who said it is unnoticeable is right. this thing is super light and so thin that i could get used to it pretty fast... but unfortunately i won't be wearing a bird cage until something happens

the easton e700 helmet is sexy and comfortable as well... should have gotten that when i was debating between that and the bauer 7500 i ended up getting
Which IMS? I'm currently in a Reakt, and would actually give it up for the IMS 9 (I think that's the Reakt shell with VN padding). It felt so much comfier on my head (and the reakt is super comfy to begin with), with minimal weight gains.

Why wait to put on the cage? Dental bills can easily cost 10-20x the cost of the cage. And like you noticed, you really don't see it when you're out there on the ice. Give it a shift and you're gold the rest of the way.

6thGear: If Vapors almost fit you perfectly, then I'd stick with them. I'm in X60s as the Supremes were just a tad wide in the heel (but perfect everywhere else). The Vapors are a nice compromise for me. The only other skate manufacturer that came close to fitting my feet perfectly were Eastons, which I may revisit with their Mako skate.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #2111
RS Veteran

Quote:
Which IMS? I'm currently in a Reakt, and would actually give it up for the IMS 9 (I think that's the Reakt shell with VN padding). It felt so much comfier on my head (and the reakt is super comfy to begin with), with minimal weight gains.

Why wait to put on the cage? Dental bills can easily cost 10-20x the cost of the cage. And like you noticed, you really don't see it when you're out there on the ice. Give it a shift and you're gold the rest of the way.

6thGear: If Vapors almost fit you perfectly, then I'd stick with them. I'm in X60s as the Supremes were just a tad wide in the heel (but perfect everywhere else). The Vapors are a nice compromise for me. The only other skate manufacturer that came close to fitting my feet perfectly were Eastons, which I may revisit with their Mako skate.
i will be honest.. i don't want to look like a kid wearing a kid... just doesn't have the aesthetic appeal.. i know it's bad
Old 11-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #2112

Quote:

I guess I want try something different? Assuming it fits of course. Funny you mention the mako, those were suggested to me. Hah
Old 11-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #2113

Quote:
I guess I want try something different? Assuming it fits of course. Funny you mention the mako, those were suggested to me. Hah
Makos are actually retail (with new modifications, but likely dumbed-down) versions of the MLX skate (too lazy to explain, but Google will satisfy your curiousity).

From all accounts that I've read, they are off the charts with moldability (and therefore fit). Eastons have always fit me the best, but as with any Easton skate (Mako included), I'm worried about durability.

The Halloween colours don't help, either. But if it fits and performs, who am I to talk
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #2114
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
I love my ccm rbz 60 and how it has multi flex points. Good stick for the price, my snap shots are more crisp compared to before.
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #2115

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
sportchek richmond Centre is doing their private sales event again next tuesday November 12th. 25% off regular and 10% off Sale.

Thought I'd share in case some of u wanted to buy something
Posted via RS Mobile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1375228_10153368689250548_1805591290_n.jpg (48.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by skiiipi; 11-08-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Coupon posted
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #2116
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
I love my ccm rbz 60 and how it has multi flex points. Good stick for the price, my snap shots are more crisp compared to before.
Posted via RS Mobile
loving my stage 2. had to get used to and still am getting more used to the lightness, but i love how it has little to no taper.. i can really get the load on the clappers.. and there isnt as much lag due it its variable flex than other true mid flexes for snappers and wristers. not sure how much of the variable flex is a gimmick though, but the stick itself feels amazing.... they need to make one with a full black blade though
Old 11-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #2117

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Damn.. the stage 2 must be godlike compared to my 60 lol. Yea I've used my stick for like 8 games and my
blade looks like crap
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #2118

Interesting. I've got teammates who complain about the stage 2. They liked first one better.
For me, I still like the Nexus 1000 better than the first RBZ, but then I am more a clapper from the point than a down low sniper.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #2119
x_x

I loved the first RBZ stick but unfortunately it broke. I tried out the RBZ Stage 2 and didn't really like it, ended up choosing Easton V9E. I've never really been a fan of Easton sticks, and have always picked something different, but the V9E felt great compared to a few of the other top-end sticks out there. I guess time will tell on the durability.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #2120
RS Veteran

I never tried the first gen rbz so I can't compare it to the stage 2... happy with the stage 2 and I got it for 200 taxes in, so I am not complaining.. so far it is holding up very well.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I never tried the first gen rbz so I can't compare it to the stage 2... happy with the stage 2 and I got it for 200 taxes in, so I am not complaining.. so far it is holding up very well.
My biggest complaint on the RBZ 1 is that I can't find the sweet spot for my clappers. As a sniper type stick, wrist shots have a quick release. I use the RNK curve and I can ping it off the cross bar on a pretty regular basis.
But when it comes to clappers from the point, I can't find the same consistency that i get from my Nexus or even the older Tone's.
I've actually gone back to using up my stash of Tone's.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #2122
x_x

Thats probably your best bet anyways (assuming your a dman) you're not going to be ringing it off the bar in the slot very often. What happens when your reserve runs out? *Knock on wood* lol

The RBZ's are durable sticks. I absolutely love their type of blade, and i believe the stage 2's is very similar to the first gen..atleast thats how it felt. For $200 you can't really go wrong.

I know i just got an Easton lol but it really pisses me off when the blade goes before the shaft. It was the exact opposite with the RBZ.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #2123
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
My biggest complaint on the RBZ 1 is that I can't find the sweet spot for my clappers. As a sniper type stick, wrist shots have a quick release. I use the RNK curve and I can ping it off the cross bar on a pretty regular basis.
But when it comes to clappers from the point, I can't find the same consistency that i get from my Nexus or even the older Tone's.
I've actually gone back to using up my stash of Tone's.
your problem is that pinging shots off the x bar isn't going to get your goals
Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
sportchek richmond Centre is doing their private sales event again next tuesday November 12th. 25% off regular and 10% off Sale.

Thought I'd share in case some of u wanted to buy something
Posted via RS Mobile
What time does this go to? Team assist is accepted?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #2125

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
What time does this go to? Team assist is accepted?
Posted via RS Mobile
Event goes till 9:15pm i believe, and no team assist coupon is not accepted.
and for non members I think entrance is by donation, $5 to a foodbank or smth like that
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote