REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
No. That's called having "positive equity" at the end of your lease. You have to buy it out, and then sell it privately to make your money back.

If the lease-end value/residual/buyout was calculated more accurately your monthly payment would have been lower, and you could have just dropped the keys and walked away.
actually, i called the dealer, if the residual is lower than car market value after lease expiration, They will pay me the difference. But!,,, here is the catch.: if we set the residual value too low, they will jack up the monthly lease payment. Set residual value high, monthly payment goes down---> higher chance that at the end of lease, you will have to pay them more cash instead if market value of car is lower than your agreed residual.

It is so tricky, I am really starting to lose interest in this vehicle.
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2009, 02:47 AM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
don't get a car you clearly can't afford.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 AM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

allroads seems to have tranny problems and air suspenison problems.
hyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #29
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenya View Post
allroads seems to have tranny problems and air suspenison problems.

Shenya is right...

2 biggest concerns w/ the allroad is the air bag suspension and the tranny.

The airbag issue isn't a HUGE deal if you can do things yourself... perviously you had to order the bags outta europe as no one in north america typically carries them anymore due to the allroad not be made. However a very well known US company that has been doing air ride suspesion for many many years has now been selling allroad specific bags and the feedback is great.

Other just swap out the bags and put in coil-overs, but that kinda defeats the allroad idea.

We bought an 02 allroad a little over a year ago. prices were MUCH higher then they are now.

Our's is a US car and it had close to 90,000 miles. It was already here in canada @ a only-slightly-shady dealership.

The only reason i felt good about buying is i'd been doing research on them for 6 months+ prior to buying and the car was imported by an audi tech and he went through it and did all the major things.

Car had a new tranny and all new air bags and a ton of other minor things. he ended up trading it to this particaular dealer for a A3 as it was to bad on gas for him. All w/ receipts from north shore audi.

This is by far the best allroad site:

www.audiworld.com - allroad section is incredible, the site format just blows goats.

There is typically an allroad section in any audi site, it's just not near as active.

The reason i went w/ the allroad was:

The 2.7 T, so all S4 mods (or well, most) transfer over.
I love the look, for a family wagon I think it kicks ass.
It has a factory hitch rated for 5000+ pounds - 2" receiver. People use allroads to tow a trailer w/ race car, etc...
The adjustible ride height means I can jack it up and get in most logging/fire roads for hiking/biking/etc...

the gas milage is bad around town. No doubt about it. I'm lucky to get 350-400 km's a tank (65 liters or so). Typically around 16L per 100 km.

On the highway its MUCh better doing 10L/100 KM

I think its a great car. The interior is fantastic, good looks, GREAT power from the 2.7 bi-turbo. over-all a very funcational car.

Until something big goes wrong... then i'm in trouble (no warranty) but my and my friends have always worked on our own cars so most labour will be saved.

If we weren't doing work ourselves, i would of had to think alot harder about the car
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
I am considering leasing cuz i dont have 25900 in wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
don't get a car you clearly can't afford.
This.

Lease interest rate is high. You're already worried about maintenance costs. Throw in fuel and insurance too. At the end of the lease, you're on the hook for $13k for an eight year old car. Whee!

Oh, edit: industry average for milage on a used car is considered to be 24k k/year. In practice, especially in the city, the annual milage tends to be lower.

Last edited by Blinky; 03-02-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Shenya is right...

2 biggest concerns w/ the allroad is the air bag suspension and the tranny.

The airbag issue isn't a HUGE deal if you can do things yourself... perviously you had to order the bags outta europe as no one in north america typically carries them anymore due to the allroad not be made. However a very well known US company that has been doing air ride suspesion for many many years has now been selling allroad specific bags and the feedback is great.

Other just swap out the bags and put in coil-overs, but that kinda defeats the allroad idea.

We bought an 02 allroad a little over a year ago. prices were MUCH higher then they are now.

Our's is a US car and it had close to 90,000 miles. It was already here in canada @ a only-slightly-shady dealership.

The only reason i felt good about buying is i'd been doing research on them for 6 months+ prior to buying and the car was imported by an audi tech and he went through it and did all the major things.

Car had a new tranny and all new air bags and a ton of other minor things. he ended up trading it to this particaular dealer for a A3 as it was to bad on gas for him. All w/ receipts from north shore audi.

This is by far the best allroad site:

www.audiworld.com - allroad section is incredible, the site format just blows goats.

There is typically an allroad section in any audi site, it's just not near as active.

The reason i went w/ the allroad was:

The 2.7 T, so all S4 mods (or well, most) transfer over.
I love the look, for a family wagon I think it kicks ass.
It has a factory hitch rated for 5000+ pounds - 2" receiver. People use allroads to tow a trailer w/ race car, etc...
The adjustible ride height means I can jack it up and get in most logging/fire roads for hiking/biking/etc...

the gas milage is bad around town. No doubt about it. I'm lucky to get 350-400 km's a tank (65 liters or so). Typically around 16L per 100 km.

On the highway its MUCh better doing 10L/100 KM

I think its a great car. The interior is fantastic, good looks, GREAT power from the 2.7 bi-turbo. over-all a very funcational car.

Until something big goes wrong... then i'm in trouble (no warranty) but my and my friends have always worked on our own cars so most labour will be saved.

If we weren't doing work ourselves, i would of had to think alot harder about the car
Dealer offers extended warantee (powertrain) at a $3000 dollar for 3 yrs. This way I will not have to worry about paying for suspension or transmission problems when it appear.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #32

is this an audi dealer? with factory warranty?

otherwise those after market warranty's arn't worth the paper they are printed on

is it even a canadian car? Or a US car and they are reporting the milage in KM's?

That's really cheap for a canadian allroad, especially if its @ an audi dealership.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
average 20,000km per year!!! what is the norm for daily driver?
That's pretty normal for a DD. ~1600/mn or ~400/week or ~55/day
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
2) This vehicle may be leased:
$6,000 down
$327.26 per month* for 36 months
$13,000 residual value
7.95% interest rate
* plus applicable taxes, on approved credit.
Do NOT take this.

I made the mistake of leasing my MB for 8.5% when there were cars available for 3-4%, cause I liked the car and wanted nothing else.
I learned an important lesson, it wasn't worth it.

You should NEVER have to leave that much down on a lease. You obviously have bad credit, or are making a bad decision.

Quote:
I think lease option is 7500$ more than buy out, is that normal or am i calculating wrong.
I'm only calculating $4.8K more (considering a 0% loan to finance), yet you probably have to pay some admin fees (which you don't, they are a scam, negotiate them).
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
is this an audi dealer? with factory warranty?

otherwise those after market warranty's arn't worth the paper they are printed on

is it even a canadian car? Or a US car and they are reporting the milage in KM's?

That's really cheap for a canadian allroad, especially if its @ an audi dealership.
Its not an audi dealer, its a private dealer in West Vancouver. Car is US car but been in BC for past year. They told me the warantee will be same as factory, and an audi dealership will honer that and service me. The car dealer itself does not do service. Here is the dealer website :http://www.urbangarage.com/cars.asp?Category=TUGN
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #36

It's not a candian car:

Details**:
We imported and sold this car approximately three years ago.

so thats why its so cheap. Canadian allroads are alot more cash.

Get full service records for it, etc... Also you have a very expensive maintainence bill coming up with the timing belt. Upwards of a grand or so I believe which is not covered under warranty.

Also, i'd be VERY worried about what they say in regards to that warranty. Call up the dealer and confirm it, don't trust anything about an aftermarket warranty.

Ask if the airbag suspension is covered and the turbo's. VERY expensive in both labour and parts.

If I was to go back... I would of waited to find a 4.2 car, less issues for sure. And the sound is sooo nice.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #37
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

If you are interested I am open to give up my lease for my car:

2008 GTI
United Gray
4 DR
DSG, Fully Loaded leather interior
Almost 2 years left on a lease contract.
Monthly payments after tax: CDN 550.00
Buyout: 18K (0 down)
Services and leased from Clarksdale

If you are interested we could negotiate a deal for a lease-takeover.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
dustinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
If you are interested I am open to give up my lease for my car:

2008 GTI
United Gray
4 DR
DSG, Fully Loaded leather interior
Almost 2 years left on a lease contract.
Monthly payments after tax: CDN 550.00
Buyout: 18K (0 down)
Services and leased from Clarksdale

If you are interested we could negotiate a deal for a lease-takeover.
So how is this related to his post about an Audi, that isn't even close to your GTI...?

On the whole, if you're mechanically inclined, Audi's are pretty easy to work on. There are lots of european parts suppliers around, and most of them carry parts for major models. As far as the deal goes, I wouldn't lease it, and would instead probably just go down to Seattle and pick up one for way less. Audi's sell for ridiculous prices down there. Can get a 01 TT for under $10K.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #39

here's another great site with alot of reference material:

http://www.allroadfaq.com/

Including this:

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cg...state=&ys=&ye=

this thing combs craiglist locations for allroads forsale. Its really good!