REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Asher Roth

I've seen two or three guys mention him before but with his album due to drop in 2 months and his video out I thought i'd post some stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiTi1Hx8ls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2cK6eb11I

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=258195204
Advertisement
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Heard a couple of songs, heard him being compared to Eminem quite abit because of his voice. The kid can rap but I don't think he's anything super special. also it's hard to get past how much of a cornball the kid looks likes. I know image should have nothing to do with music but it's kind of hard to look past that for me.
Brickface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

a lot of people are going to buy into that image, though I agree it looks pretty geeky. he's alright but his mixtape is horrible.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
a lot of people are going to buy into that image, though I agree it looks pretty geeky. he's alright but his mixtape is horrible.
U didn't like his greenhouse effect mixtapes? They weren't super crazy but he could hold his own. Totally sounds like eminem.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #5

you think so? em's raps were angry and really reflective of growing up poor and was so "angry teen". Ashers are more fun and silly (i know em could be silly too) but feels more college student ish.

as for his tape that i had, it has this dj all over every into and outro. the songs are unlistenstoable. i have it in my play list and push skip on every song cause I cant stand it. im sure he's really talented and i want to listen to them, but its annoying having to fast forward a good 30 seconds into a 2 min track to here him spit for a min maybe. i think it was really poorly done. at least compared to wale, kudi, and hamilton, who i think it the next lupe.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
you think so? em's raps were angry and really reflective of growing up poor and was so "angry teen". Ashers are more fun and silly (i know em could be silly too) but feels more college student ish.

as for his tape that i had, it has this dj all over every into and outro. the songs are unlistenstoable. i have it in my play list and push skip on every song cause I cant stand it. im sure he's really talented and i want to listen to them, but its annoying having to fast forward a good 30 seconds into a 2 min track to here him spit for a min maybe. i think it was really poorly done. at least compared to wale, kudi, and hamilton, who i think it the next lupe.
shit, I meant they sound the same. Yeah their lyrics are different, totally agree with that. That dj you're rferring to must've been DJ Drama, he does scream on alot of the tracks.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #7

voice wise i guess a bit. i dont really hear it but a lot of people are saying it so i could be wrong.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
noob

Asther Roth is easy on the ears. I don't mind listening to this cat. Sounds a little like M&M
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote