REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #3451
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
heat vs knicks in eastern final =)
i dont see either of those team in the eastern finals
maybe next year
Advertisement
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #3452
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

I have Josh Smith, Chauncey Billups, and Kevin Durant in my fantasy league. I'm in playoffs right now and you set line-ups weekly. I have all 3 activated into my line-up. All 3 have gotten injured in the past 3 days. Win.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #3453
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Speaking of Fantasy...I went from last to 4th in my league LOL

PLAYOFFS HERE I COME!
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #3454
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Florida SHOWDOWN tomorrow

shit is going down
Qmx323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #3455
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
Florida SHOWDOWN tomorrow

shit is going down
meh, meaningless regular season game really....
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #3456
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Fucking just got back from emergency room, playing drop in basketball earlier reach for the ball only to watch it hit the wall change direction and snap my pinky finger, complete dislocation had the doc pop it in place, would have pulled a Kobe and popped it in myself but I wasn't sure if it was broken didn't wanna damage it more.
No basketball for a month, this blows probably gain like 5 pounds or something, lol

Basketball talk, Chris Paul is my guy but he's fckin pissing me off lately, dudes playing like Carter was for months prior to leaving the Raptors. For a guy who's known for his ferocity and competitiveness on and off the court he's playing like a bitch, I'm am very disappoint especially after the awesome start they had this season
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #3457
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

playing like a bitch /begging for a trade is a trend since Carter
Old 03-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #3458
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Fucking just got back from emergency room, playing drop in basketball earlier reach for the ball only to watch it hit the wall change direction and snap my pinky finger, complete dislocation had the doc pop it in place, would have pulled a Kobe and popped it in myself but I wasn't sure if it was broken didn't wanna damage it more.
No basketball for a month, this blows probably gain like 5 pounds or something, lol
I know what you mean, I hate that when it happens ><

But its usually my thumb, and it keeps me away from playing pick up ball for several weeks. But most of the time I just tape it, and go at it.

Cant just stop playng bball because of a minor injury
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #3459

^ ah you do the Mikael Pietrus thumb wrap job eh, I've had a jammed thumb few times myself that shit sticks for weeks, much different than rest of the fingers, more ligaments I guess thats why. But this is a worse than a jammed thumb though, complete separation of the bone between the joints, ill post pic of xray later brrrooo to show youuuu how minor it is,
I just bought myself a pretty badass finger splint from shoppers, $3.99 budday!

I'm just glad its only a clean dislocation, no fracture or break, and last time when I tore a ligament in my ring finger, couldnt do shit for 2 months that sucked

fcking Carter started 2 trends then, brought dunking back and now players crying for trades playing like bitches

EDIT:: check out the x ray pic

Last edited by G-spec; 03-03-2011 at 12:37 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #3460
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

LMAO Miami
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #3461

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Miami Heat Sucks. Don't give a shit if they have Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Magic just came back down from 24points fueled by the onslaught of 3pointers to beat them
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #3462
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
hahahah...

cant even hold a 24 point lead

pathetic

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #3463
Banned (ABWS)

even though the magic won, they are probably the least scary team out of the top 4 in the east
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #3464
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

@Gspec: you win! that looks really bad. Hope the healing process goes well

\Cant believe they gave Bosh the 3 again haha
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #3465
Banned (ABWS)

Wow, Jason Richardson was crazy.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #3466
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I like Orlando, Orlando has looked weak on occasions when they've lost to mediocre teams, but then again they blow out mediocre teams by 20+ on everyday basis and almost nobody cares. They have shown consistency against top teams as well, Dwights been playing like an MVP lately and when the 3pt game is on, there's nobody better than the Magic, saw that tonight.
Anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #3467
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Wade is the most clutch player on Miami, yet I haven't seen him given the opportunity to take the game winner even once yet...Not sure what the thinking is behind that, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they've lost all their games that are within 5 points or w/e. Give the guy the fucking ball, he's proven he can score in the clutch. Tired of LeBron missing shots in the dying seconds. If the last shot is going to go to LeBron, he needs to find a way to get to the hoop. Stupid jumpers make no sense for a guy who is most likely quicker AND stronger than his defensive opponent.

And for fucks sake, hit your fucking free throws.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #3468
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
Wade is the most clutch player on Miami, yet I haven't seen him given the opportunity to take the game winner even once yet...Not sure what the thinking is behind that, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they've lost all their games that are within 5 points or w/e. Give the guy the fucking ball, he's proven he can score in the clutch. Tired of LeBron missing shots in the dying seconds. If the last shot is going to go to LeBron, he needs to find a way to get to the hoop. Stupid jumpers make no sense for a guy who is most likely quicker AND stronger than his defensive opponent.

And for fucks sake, hit your fucking free throws.

As much as i like lebron this is so true. Guy can't hit a clutch shot in dying seconds if the team depended on him, the most we've seen was either layups or dunks

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #3469
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
As much as i like lebron this is so true. Guy can't hit a clutch shot in dying seconds if the team depended on him, the most we've seen was either layups or dunks
+1

Lebron should be driving to the hoop looking to dish out or to draw a foul. Let wade take the jumpers
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #3470

LeBron is the MVP for a reason guys!!To hit those BIG shots.....or should I say miss those big shots... Give him a break... LOL
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #3471

Quote:
That's LeBron's game... dunks or layups....he's no "finesse" type player but all strength..

If he was kobe/durant's size, do you guys think lebron would still be as "effective" now? I'm just curious.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #3472
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Raptors vs nets right now, Who is watching!!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #3473

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
That's LeBron's game... dunks or layups....he's no "finesse" type player but all strength..

If he was kobe/durant's size, do you guys think lebron would still be as "effective" now? I'm just curious.

^ noooo, Lebron wouldnt be Lebron if he didnt have finesse, that's exactly what makes him a unique player, finesse combined with strength...

What is your definition of finesse though ? Finesse would be things like footwork, soft hands finishing nicely at the basket with a layup or dunk, getting through guys knowing where to go in a smooth manner, using your picks well etc....

He has all that, and that's exactly why he's so good, there are plenty of guys in the NBA his size and strength they just dont have that extra edge that Lebron has.

I totally agree with you though on power, he is a running back and plays like a running back when he drives the lane tucks the basketball like a RB would a football when smashing through the defensive line.
But once he gets to the hoop he can finesse layup over or around people or just dunk, up to him.

He has point guard like passing ability, sees the floor extremely well, rebounds very well, and we know he can average 35-40 a game if he wanted too. If he was skinnier like Kobe, I think the only difference in his game would be rebounding would get worse, I still think he would try to penetrate strong like he does now
Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #3474

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ noooo, Lebron wouldnt be Lebron if he didnt have finesse, that's exactly what makes him a unique player, finesse combined with strength...

What is your definition of finesse though ? Finesse would be things like footwork, soft hands finishing nicely at the basket with a layup or dunk, getting through guys knowing where to go in a smooth manner, using your picks well etc....

He has all that, and that's exactly why he's so good, there are plenty of guys in the NBA his size and strength they just dont have that extra edge that Lebron has.

I totally agree with you though on power, he is a running back and plays like a running back when he drives the lane tucks the basketball like a RB would a football when smashing through the defensive line.
But once he gets to the hoop he can finesse layup over or around people or just dunk, up to him.

He has point guard like passing ability, sees the floor extremely well, rebounds very well, and we know he can average 35-40 a game if he wanted too. If he was skinnier like Kobe, I think the only difference in his game would be rebounding would get worse, I still think he would try to penetrate strong like he does now
Don't get me wrong, I never said he sucks..of course he's got talent.

But to me..(maybe I just don't see a lot of heat games lately) but I rarely see him post up/fade away (like how MJ does..i enjoy watching the D try and block it.).. When I catch a glimpse of their games, all I see is him take 3s and dunks....I rarely hear about him being "clutch" too.

Again, these are just my opinion so please don't hate... lol

Everyone just lets him do whatever he wants when he drives down the lane as that freight train would hurtttt tt..
As for your guess that he will still take it strong..i guess we will never find out.. but I don't think he'll be as effective. Sorry LBJ fans!!!

Anyway..i don't want to get too deep on this as the LBJ fans here will rip me to pieces hahah..

Go Lakers
Old 03-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #3475

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Raptors vs nets right now, Who is watching!!!!!
lol...raptors/nets gets to play out of country instead of playing at home...= they both suck