REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #4151
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,524 Times in 833 Posts
Advertisement
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #4152
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^That's nothing, Kobe would be like: "I don't give a fuck. Next"
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #4153
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #4154
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

If anything, this 4 year run is reminiscence of the 4 Finals run that Lakers had during Kobe-Shaq era.

They just ran out of gas at the end, Kobe and Derek is not who they are back then.

Despite only winning 2 championships within 4 years, I've always feel it should've been 3.

Celtics fan always say that their starting 5 never lost a series. Well the same goes for Lakers. Bynum did not play a single game in 2008 Finals.
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #4155
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
time for the Lakers to do a roster change, Bynum for Dwight Howard! i really hope they make it happen
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #4156
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by reamemiya View Post
If anything, this 4 year run is reminiscence of the 4 Finals run that Lakers had during Kobe-Shaq era.

They just ran out of gas at the end, Kobe and Derek is not who they are back then.

Despite only winning 2 championships within 4 years, I've always feel it should've been 3.

Celtics fan always say that their starting 5 never lost a series. Well the same goes for Lakers. Bynum did not play a single game in 2008 Finals.
So annoying listening to Laker fans talk about "running out of gas". Wow, stop making stupid excuses. The Lakers lost because they fucking sucked. There is nothing more to it. It has NOTHING to do with the amount of games they've played etc etc...

Jordan's Bulls won 6 championships in 8 years, in an era that took a much greater toll on their bodies for several reasons. Add on top of that, that back then, players actually had the passion to get better in the off-season.

This is NOTHING like the Shaq era...In fact, even in that downfall, the Lakers didn't "run out of gas" (my god that sounds so dumb). The downfall of that team was simply that Kobe couldn't stand Shaq being the man, and that's where conflict came in within the team. Kobe made it very clear; either Shaq leaves, or I leave. Though Shaq was still the most dominant player in the league, he was the obvious pick to go as he was in his last few years as being that guy, whereas Kobe was only on the rise. The worst part is, if Kobe could put apart his differences with Shaq and just learn to be #2 for a couple more years, this Laker team would've won 10 straight rings.

Unfortunately, it didn't happen, Shaq moved on, and won a championship as the #2 guy with Wade only 2 years later.

Last edited by n3wb; 05-08-2011 at 10:44 PM.
n3wb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #4157

They don't finish as top teams in Western Conference when they fucking suck.

Facts:
Kobe played in the Olympics right after 2008 Finals
Odom played in FIFA just this past year

Jordon is younger (in terms of games played) when comparing to Kobe when comparing them at the same age, simply because Jordon took 1.5(?) years off and he didn't enter the league till he was 21(?)

There's a reason why Pop played Duncan so little during the regular season, cause he's old, and when you're old, you get tired more easier, you're slower, and when playoff comes around, you're done.

What makes you think this doesn't apply to the Lakers?

Amount of games played means nothing when you're young, but it catches up to you when you're old

Kobe Bryant, at the age of 32, has played more minutes over his career than Jordan at the age of 35 (Jordan's last championship) *all calculated from NBA.com*

Last edited by trd2343; 05-08-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #4158
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wb View Post
So annoying listening to Laker fans talk about "running out of gas". Wow, stop making stupid excuses. The Lakers lost because they fucking sucked. There is nothing more to it. It has NOTHING to do with the amount of games they've played etc etc...

Jordan's Bulls won 6 championships in 8 years, in an era that took a much greater toll on their bodies for several reasons. Add on top of that, that back then, players actually had the passion to get better in the off-season.

This is NOTHING like the Shaq era...In fact, even in that downfall, the Lakers didn't "run out of gas" (my god that sounds so dumb). The downfall of that team was simply that Kobe couldn't stand Shaq being the man, and that's where conflict came in within the team. Kobe made it very clear; either Shaq leaves, or I leave. Though Shaq was still the most dominant player in the league, he was the obvious pick to go as he was in his last few years as being that guy, whereas Kobe was only on the rise. The worst part is, if Kobe could put apart his differences with Shaq and just learn to be #2 for a couple more years, this Laker team would've won 10 straight rings.

Unfortunately, it didn't happen, Shaq moved on, and won a championship as the #2 guy with Wade only 2 years later.
I agree with your first post about not making excuses for the 3 peat. The Lakers were very different this year. The one-man-team by Kobe didn't perform as well. I found it weird how Phil gave minutes to his WHOLE bench. Some of those bench players suck shit. Gasol is plain garbage, as I stated earlier this season but someone ripped me on that one.

The latter between Kobe and Shaq is in the past. I have no opinion on that one. They are both outstanding players.

While I am very disappointed about the Lakers being swept, they didn't put out a good series. In fact, the series blew by so fast that I didn't even get to catch a game of them.

Next year, with other talents please. Fisher might not be there, murder Gasol, trade Bynum, keep Odom, swap the bench with to have some other supporting cast.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #4159
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
They don't finish as top teams in Western Conference when they fucking suck.
They fucking sucked in this series of basketball. They fucking sucked relative to how good they should have been.

Quote:
Facts:
Kobe played in the Olympics right after 2008 Finals
Odom played in FIFA just this past year
Wow, those are some fun facts. So a few guys played some baketball this Summer? Gee, they must be exhausted . Kobe didn't seem tired, in fact he played unusually well this series. I'm used to seeing Kobe shooting like shit, and his teammates raising the team to wins in the playoffs. This season seemed like it was completely the opposite. Was Artest tired? How about the Lakers bench? Were they tired from all the games they've played in the Olympics? Mavs bench outscored the Lakers starters. That's called sucking.

BTW, you mentioned Odom played in FIFA... I didn't know he played Football (Soccer)...

Quote:
Jordon is younger (in terms of games played) when comparing to Kobe when comparing them at the same age, simply because Jordon took 1.5(?) years off and he didn't enter the league till he was 21(?)
You mean "Jordan"? He took 1.5 years off? You think those 1.5 years were taken "off?" Do you know how many games are played in a baseball season? A season in a professional baseball league probably takes a bigger toll on the body than any other sport...There is a reason why baseball players get paid stupid money.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #4160

^Sorry I meant FIBA.

I don't know how much toll baseball takes on the body, but I do know it's a fact that Kobe has played more minutes than Jordan at the same age.

I'm not denying the fact that they fucking sucked this series. But you said they fucking sucked compared to how good they should have been.

Or let's put it this way, what I meant to say is they fucking sucked because they're out of gas. But I don't know what your reason is for thinking they fucking sucked.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #4161
Banned By Establishment

They sucked because Gasol met his match in Dirk Nowitzki. They sucked because the Hornets made it obvious to the rest of the league how bad the Lakers pick-and-roll defense is. And lastly, they sucked because their role players...yes their ROLE players didn't show up, that's the newly acquired players who haven't had to do all too much except run up and down the court for 20 minutes a game. Surely, you can't be thinking those guys are too tired to play well?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #4162
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:

I'm not denying the fact that they fucking sucked this series. But you said they fucking sucked compared to how good they should have been.

Or let's put it this way, what I meant to say is they fucking sucked because they're out of gas. But I don't know what your reason is for thinking they fucking sucked.
No, I gotta agree with n3wb here.

They sucked all season long. Lakers fan or not, this team is championship build. Bynum-Gasol-Artest-Bryant-Fisher and having odom as 6th man
then you have the additions of blake and barnes this year. This team was suppose to challenge or even do a 3peat. Yet they get swept by the mavs, and thats where the frustration and disappointment is.

They werent great all season long (thats a given) and in the first around, N.O really disarmed them.- That series should have not gone to 6 games.

They were out of sync through out the season +playoffs, which is why a lot of people (like me) are pissed off.

I dont think they are out of gas either. I see kobe having at least 1-2 years left in him before he avgs close or below 20ppg in the reg season. I think everyones fine, just everyone looks like they dont care.

like a relationship, theres a point where it just gets tooo comfortable, and I think thats where this team is. They will need some off season changes to rejuvenate this team

aside from everything, I am just extremely disppointed with the lakers this season. Not so much of the 3peat, but the effort was never there
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #4163
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Dirt out played Gasol. No question there. Can someone tell me why Luke Walton is still in the league?
Posted via RS Mobile
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #4164
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Dirt out played Gasol. No question there. Can someone tell me why Luke Walton is still in the league?
Posted via RS Mobile
Cause he's a son of a Bill.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #4165

i bet you all the kobe haters gonna come out now and spew shiet...

but yeah only kobe and bynum showed any passion or at least played hard to win this postseason.... i agree with magic johnson...blow this team up. do whatever you have to do to get dwight howard because at least we know he wants to win a championship. gasol's a joke...even if he broke up or not with his gf...no excuse for the way he played. i love derek fisher for his heart and leadership but he's done. just retire. i expected more from steve blake and matt barnes. major disappointment. sigh.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #4166

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Cause he's a son of a Bill.
Well he knows the lakers triangle very well. Couldnt play this season due to back injuries, and thats why barnes was signed.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #4167
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Lakers didn't play well enough this year... It's all good though..this means they will make some changes and come back to win again..I'm pretty sure of this.

I've said all along that they need another big man to play with Bynum/Gasol that could score.

It's a long shot but can you imagine if they get Chris Paul then trade Gasol or Bynum + picks for Howard (I prefer to keep Bynum lol)

Paul/Kobe/Odom/Howard/Bynum... Fisher isn't done as he could be the leader off the bench... Fisher/Artest should be the bench.. Ratliff and Joe Smith are off the hooks now so they could sign others... Reggie Evans,Kris Humphries, Carl Landry, Chandler, Nene are some of the UFA Bigs this off season

If Pau Gasol stays, I would like the Lakers to try and get Marc Gasol. LOL
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #4168
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
marc gasol grizzlies 4life
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #4169
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Horrible series by LA. They just couldn't stop the 3's. Someone was always wide open and when they contested, it still went in. It'll be interesting to see what pieces they move in and out.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #4170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Lakers didn't play well enough this year... It's all good though..this means they will make some changes and come back to win again..I'm pretty sure of this.

I've said all along that they need another big man to play with Bynum/Gasol that could score.

It's a long shot but can you imagine if they get Chris Paul then trade Gasol or Bynum + picks for Howard (I prefer to keep Bynum lol)

Paul/Kobe/Odom/Howard/Bynum... Fisher isn't done as he could be the leader off the bench... Fisher/Artest should be the bench.. Ratliff and Joe Smith are off the hooks now so they could sign others... Reggie Evans,Kris Humphries, Carl Landry, Chandler, Nene are some of the UFA Bigs this off season

LOL. I jizz if we can get paul and howard. -But probably its going to be one or the other. (Prefer Howard, if LA is still going with the triangle offense)

Reggie evans and Amir Johnson are players I would love to have on the lakers. So much heart and hustle
Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #4171

^ Yea, I was gonna say Amir Johnson but he's locked up by the Raptors! lol

Whatever the Lakers do, hope they do fill out the bench with some younger bigs.

As a huge lakers fan here, I actually cannot wait to see what they will do during the off season.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #4172
I subscribe to Revscene

Lakers absolutely no class at all, those flagrant fouls are so uncalled for.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #4173
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post

LOL, are you delusional!?!?!?!? Chris Paul HATES LA and Kobe. He would never come to LA. D-Will will stay in NJ. CP3 will head to NY. LA has a chance at getting Dwight, but I don't see it happening during the off-season.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #4174

Quote:
LOL, are you delusional!?!?!?!? Chris Paul HATES LA and Kobe. He would never come to LA. D-Will will stay in NJ. CP3 will head to NY. LA has a chance at getting Dwight, but I don't see it happening during the off-season.
source for chris paul HATES LA and kobe?
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #4175

Quote:
Like fatalcloud.. I wanna see the source for CP3 hating LA and Kobe....

if it's true... Not the calibre of CP3 but Ron Artest and Matt Barnes did show some hate/dislike against kobe and look where they ended up

But please, show the link.. i can't believe Paul will come out saying that..