REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #6601
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
an ant, lol, yea they were big man ~!

and D Wade, I was listening to Dan Patrick show today (you guys should pick up on him if you already don't, has awesome guests all the time) anyway Dan was talking to a a Sports Illustrated writer who was sitting right behind the Heat bench when Wade and Spoelstra got face to face, and as much as I dislike Spoelstra, I gotta say D. Wade was 100% wrong on his outburst.
What went down according to the guy that Dan was talking too as he was right there and heard it all, D Wade basically pulled up on Paul George and missed a jumper, but never bothered running back on defense, so George ended up getting a fast break bucket..... and Spoelstra told Wade if his offense wasn't going, ok fck it, but you can't give up on defense.....

And Wade was already choked the whole game, he couldn't buy a bucket (ended up with 5 points) so any tiny little thing directed his way could have set him off, and it did....

Heat are basically down for the count at this point I can't put it any other way, it's up to each and every one of them to get together as one and decide if they want to get up or stay down
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #6602
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
and D Wade, I was listening to Dan Patrick show today (you guys should pick up on him if you already don't, has awesome guests all the time) anyway Dan was talking to a a Sports Illustrated writer who was sitting right behind the Heat bench when Wade and Spoelstra got face to face, and as much as I dislike Spoelstra, I gotta say D. Wade was 100% wrong on his outburst.
What went down according to the guy that Dan was talking too as he was right there and heard it all, D Wade basically pulled up on Paul George and missed a jumper, but never bothered running back on defense, so George ended up getting a fast break bucket..... and Spoelstra told Wade if his offense wasn't going, ok fck it, but you can't give up on defense.....

And Wade was already choked the whole game, he couldn't buy a bucket (ended up with 5 points) so any tiny little thing directed his way could have set him off, and it did....
so basically, what you are saying is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Not a big deal....

Huge win for the 76ers tonight; I really hope, and really think, that they can pull off the upset...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #6603
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by Nlkko; 05-18-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #6604

^ I hear ya brah good for the LAkers, I thought KD's 3 was going in, and I also thought he got hacked soon as he landed.... funny how they showed the replay SO quickly and only from the absolute shittiest angle where Gasol's body blocks the whole action, so yup KD should have been at the line shootin Free Throws...

Quote:
so basically, what you are saying is:

Huge win for the 76ers tonight; I really hope, and really think, that they can pull off the upset...

yea exactly that, not a big deal in the sense of D Wade was just frustrated and tweaked at his coach, at that point I think he would have tweaked at anyone even LeBron.... there's no underlying issues there really just pure frustration at that specific moment, they don't have any beef or anything, they're actually pretty good friends Wade and Spo.... Spo used to put in mad work hours with Wade for years while he was assistant coach and they became good friends

I'm actually surprised the media isn't trying to blow it up more, usually they love this type of shit....

I think Boston let this game slip, they'll be in the Eastern Conference finals against the Pacers....
For some reason I didn't fully comprehend just how big the fuckin Pacers are until I seen them in this playoff series against the Heat, they are fckin huge and they play just as big.... Heat have nothing to combat their size, it's why they will lose the series unless LeBron and Wade pull out some miraculous shit out they asses
Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #6605

btw, has anybody noticed how weirdly different the rim on the right side of the Staples center was in tonight's game?
it happened a few games ago as well I thought it was really weird, it seems that the spring responsible for stiffness has been loosened, because it wobbles very noticeably when the ball catches the front of it, and I mean REALLY wobbles where you can see it in real time and not in slow motion...I've never seen any NBA rim do that ever, wobble in that same manner that this one has in tonight's game and last one too

it's trippin me the fck out because it is definitely a lot softer than it's been all season, noticeably softer than an NBA regulation rim is supposed to be from the looks of it.... i dont know what kind of trickery is taking place here, but that is something very very odd to me

this vid cracked me up btw

Last edited by G-spec; 05-18-2012 at 10:00 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #6606
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Great win by the Lakers today, terrific shooting from the line, I gotta commend Bynum this game though; couldn't make a shot for his life (2/10?) cause of Perkins defense but still went right at him and missed the only freethrow. Not to mention a couple blocks down the stretch, including the one at the end cause the offensive rebound was his fault.. lol

I'd expect Bynum to be really frustrated and throw a bit but he didn't!

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #6607

Bynum wasn't dominant but that 2/10 line comes with 10/10 FTs. They fouled him and the baskets didn't go in. So that's all good. Gasol have higher FG pct but shoot way less FTs.

Lakers played a good game just as game 2. Kobe just choked less in this one. I believe calls went both ways in this game. I didn't see Durant's shot replay but they weren't complaining? Ibaka just had a brainfart moment and went for a 2 that got blocked being down 3 with 3 second left.

Come on tie series tomorrow!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #6608
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

+1 about the rim, but for the left hoop that OKC was shooting in the 2nd half. The left rim looked very slanted. Like slightly pointing towards the ground. From the tv screen, it also looks like you can see the hoop much more surface than the right one.

We will probably have a chance to match it up with the clippers rim tomorrow. I think they use the same hoop but different ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
btw, has anybody noticed how weirdly different the rim on the right side of the Staples center was in tonight's game?
it happened a few games ago as well I thought it was really weird, it seems that the spring responsible for stiffness has been loosened, because it wobbles very noticeably when the ball catches the front of it, and I mean REALLY wobbles where you can see it in real time and not in slow motion...I've never seen any NBA rim do that ever, wobble in that same manner that this one has in tonight's game and last one too

it's trippin me the fck out because it is definitely a lot softer than it's been all season, noticeably softer than an NBA regulation rim is supposed to be from the looks of it.... i dont know what kind of trickery is taking place here, but that is something very very odd to me

this vid cracked me up btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #6609

^ ya, watchin Clips game now and hoop is back to normal, I noticed it only happened at Laker games

so far All Clippers in the first quarter, 33 to 11 Clippers went on a crazy first quarter!! Splitter nor Matt Bonner couldn't guard Blake if they double teamed him, what's Pop's strategy there ?

Blake looks like he's heading for a 40 point game, we'll see what kind of adjustments Pop makes in the second half, but I've seen enough of the first quarter to know it's a Clippers first half and you gotta come out like that first game on your home court
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #6610

Only Lakers left now.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #6611

ouch.... I'm still hoping Clips take the next one in LA, and then go back to SAntonio and have the Spurs close them out cleanly...

I really just want this series to be over already, but they need to win one at home at least
Old 05-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #6612

Maybe they will. Chris Paul didnt get swept with New Orleans, he probably won't with the Clippers.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #6613
cl9
I am Hook'd on RS

WoW, OKC vs LAL tonight again?
Why they need back to back playoff game ??
That's not fair.
Both teams had great game yesterday.
I predict 1 team will get blow out since they can't recover fast enough.

advantage OKC for younger players
Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #6614

Young punks got nuting on battle-tested vets. LA all the way all day!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #6615

Huge shot by Kobe to end the 3rd...I said if Thunder aren't within 8 going into the 4th, they won't make a comeback....that buzzer beater made it 9 lol, it will be interesting.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #6616

Well will ya l00k at dat; l00kz like we g0t ourselv3z a b4ll g4m3 f0lkz!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #6617
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
THUNDERRRR!!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #6618
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Durant with the game winner ice in his veins that walk up three on Metta. Westbrook had a hell of a game.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #6619

This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #6620
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

What a game from yesterday & today by OKC vs LAL
Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #6621
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Where's the meme of him grabbing Ibaka's balls? Gasol lol terrible turnover to Durant that lead to the game winning shot.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #6622

Don't pin it all on Gasol, Kobe was 1/8 in the 4th

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #6623
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Very disappointed.

Kobe didn't need to force so many shots up. Gasol playing like Gasol. I don't understand Mike Brown always putting Blake to close. From Kobe's face expression walking off the floor. The series is done.

Oh, and I miss Fisher to close games with Kobe.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #6624

Lakers just not good enough. They need all 3 stars to fire on all cylinders to win.

Mitch will shake things up during the summer I'm sure. At least give Mike Brown a good bench so he doesnt need to drive his stars to the ground during the regular season.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #6625

I wonder how much Kobe has left in the tank, if Lakers can win in OKC then it'll go to game 7... i hope.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /