REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

411ken 08-07-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

The Timberwolves and Cavaliers have come to agreement on a trade that will send Kevin Love to Cleveland, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

The deal cannot be announced until August 23, but Love has reportedly agreed to sign a 5-year, $120 million contract extension with Cleveland as part of the deal while the Timberwolves will receive Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a protected 2015 draft pick. The Cavs will now pair Love with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to form it's own "Big 3", while the Wolves get the top picks of the last two NBA Drafts to rebuild with. We still have Love as a first-round fantasy pick for 2014-15, but a likely scoring dip pushes his fantasy value back to the end of the first round.
There you have it folks. things could still change but this should be as good as DONE

murd0c 08-07-2014 07:25 AM

At least the two #1 picks and Canadians get to play together.

411ken 08-07-2014 07:28 AM

Great managerial work by the wolves FO on this...and Bennett could still be on the move Murdoc as he's rumored to be goinig to Philadelphia.

Cavaliers are gonna be tough to beat out East.

Obsideon 08-07-2014 09:28 PM

Wow what a steal by the Wolves capitalizing on LBJ's lack of patience.
So his whole "I'm coming home" tirade about being patient and helping the kids grow was just another publicity stunt. So here's to building another younger "Big 3". :ifyouknow:
Damn I hate him more and more lol.

jonwon 08-08-2014 01:26 AM

lebron for executive of the year lol

do guys think wolves should have bit on the thompson, barnes, and lee deal or this wiggins one is better

dachinesedude 08-08-2014 08:30 AM

the GS deal is way better imo

down the road its very hard to say though, who knows what kind of players wiggins and bennett will become

411ken 08-08-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 8513800)
lebron for executive of the year lol

do guys think wolves should have bit on the thompson, barnes, and lee deal or this wiggins one is better

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the GS offer was klay,Barnes,AND lee. That's what the wolves would want but I'm sure I recall it was klay and lee plus something else. Then they didn't want to trade klay and offered lee, Barnes and green. .

Also Bennett will be traded to 76ers for Thaddeus young so it was pretty much him and wiggins for love which isn't too damn bad. They can also flip Thad young by deadline day to continue their build

411ken 08-08-2014 09:01 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillyCorb...498624/photo/1

Lol someone on espn paid for this billboard to be posted in Ohio lol.

wasabisashimi 08-08-2014 12:37 PM

Who cares if Lebron has Love and Kyrie, It's not like its a guarantee championship. Either way, James will bring his game no matter what. I dont understand all this hate " i hate him more and more " shit.

Look at KD, Westbrook, IBAKA, how about CP3, Blake, DeAndre, plus Jamal Crawford. Rose, Gasol and Noah?.......

411ken 08-08-2014 04:03 PM

It's all fun and games to pin point shit man. And how can you even bring up those players as a comparison to thhe cavs trying to make their big 3. Pretty much all of those players or "big 3" u mentioned were drafted by that specific team and been playing with the same team since then Except cp3 and gasol while Jcraw isn't really a big 3 calibre but a solid 6th man.

Obsideon 08-08-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 8513960)
Who cares if Lebron has Love and Kyrie, It's not like its a guarantee championship. Either way, James will bring his game no matter what. I dont understand all this hate " i hate him more and more " shit.

Look at KD, Westbrook, IBAKA, how about CP3, Blake, DeAndre, plus Jamal Crawford. Rose, Gasol and Noah?.......

Basically I was saying I don't like the way he handles himself. There's no denying he's got talent, easily the best player in the NBA right now.

Like this excerpt on which the ink isn't even dry on the page yet.
Quote:

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball.
Now here is behind the scenes pulling all the strings demanding that they go all out to get Love, even sacrificing the THREE 1st overall picks. They could have easily waited until he was a FA next season, but noooo it's ALL ABOUT BRONBRON and what he wants now.
Testing his patience?!... :fuckthatshit: his patience lasted less than a full calender month.

I'll admit the whole "I'm taking my talents to south beach" still lingers in the back of my mind. Then he semi-redeemed himself by writing that piece about going home, although it was obviously heavily "sweetened" by a dozen editors before final print.
He stresses the point about patience and helping the young guys, then turns the corner and demands the front office dump all of them cuz he wants to be contending. Such a sleezeball.

Sir_Loin 08-08-2014 10:43 PM

I don't get all the Lebron hate for wanting all-stars on his team. I get the "decision" hate some of which is justified, but him wanting the best players all-stars on his team why not. Sure past greats like MJ, Reggie etc all stayed loyal to their team but they also had the benefit of having a first class organization that was able to surround them with the right pieces through the draft/trades etc. CEOs of multinational companies pull the same stuff Lebron is doing, they'll take the sure talent/worker over the rookie who may or may not pan out. Same thing with him leaving for Miami, I get it would you rather work in City A where you'll have to carry more of the load not a sure thing or City B share the work load with 2 other friends while getting paid the same amount if not more through raises/sponsorships all while having warm weather year round. People make career choices for themselves/ their families all the time, just because Lebron is an athlete he should be held to a different standard? I get it athletes will make more money in a year than normal people would make in a lifetime, but the similarities are human beings base decisions about their livelihood/career about themselves being in the best possible situation. Hell Kobe took the money while Dirk took the discount but both those guys choose familiarity with their organizations over the unknown.

Obsideon 08-09-2014 04:42 PM

I get it, but don't go around preaching patience and wanting to mentor the young kids then all of a sudden dump them at the first chance he gets. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Example: If you were a school teacher, and you make a pubic promise to the parents that you will tutor their children until they graduate and help them get good at math, then 1 week later some Doogie Howser shows up at class and tells you "Hey kick these kids to the Wolves (literally) and I'll be your partner for the next few years so you don't have to train these kids"

What do you do? I know what LBJ would do.

wasabisashimi 08-09-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 8514052)
It's all fun and games to pin point shit man. And how can you even bring up those players as a comparison to thhe cavs trying to make their big 3. Pretty much all of those players or "big 3" u mentioned were drafted by that specific team and been playing with the same team since then Except cp3 and gasol while Jcraw isn't really a big 3 calibre but a solid 6th man.

Its most unlikely for the team to draft any top players with Lebron playing for them. They are not gonna suck and tank like Sixers did when you've got the best player in the world on your roster.

Sir_Loin 08-09-2014 10:57 PM

Lebron did leave Wiggins and Bennett of the essay/letter on purpose.

Obsideon 08-20-2014 07:14 PM

Derrick Rose's knees are acting up already. Says it's sore from the exhibition games playing for Team USA.
Makes you wonder if he'll be able to hold up for the 82-game season grind ... :(

wasabisashimi 08-20-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8519216)
Derrick Rose's knees are acting up already. Says it's sore from the exhibition games playing for Team USA.
Makes you wonder if he'll be able to hold up for the 82-game season grind ... :(

Is D-Rose the next Brandon Roy?

bballguy 08-20-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 8519286)

No....Grant Hill, if anything...

Sir_Loin 08-20-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8519309)
No....Grant Hill, if anything...

Penny? Grant = ankles
Penny = knees ?

bballguy 08-21-2014 07:44 AM

Yeah, Penny, my bad

invader 08-21-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 8519286)

Brandon Roy never won MVP.

411ken 08-23-2014 09:56 AM

It's FINALLY official lol

Quote:

The Cavs, Wolves and Sixers have completed the Kevin Love trade.

We all know the details and the only difference is that the Wolves will get a $6.3 million trade exception, not the $4 million reported yesterday. In case you weren't around the past month, the Cavs get Kevin Love; the Wolves get Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Thaddeus Young and that aforementioned trade exception; and the Sixers get Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and a 2015 first-round pick.

Twolves looks pretty solid IMO

Rubio/Wiggins/Brewer/Young/Pekovic..... Martin/Bennett/Dieng/Budinger/Cunningham/Barea

roflwaffle604 08-23-2014 10:31 AM

Anyone down for fantasy ball again this year?

dlo 08-27-2014 02:43 PM

down for fantasy again lol, time to defend my title

roflwaffle604 08-27-2014 09:14 PM

alright fantasy league set up. PM for invite