REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

411ken 03-06-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8605596)
Same could be said with Westbrook without Durant.
Or Davis because without him the Pelicans are just as bad as Philly.

The race hasn't been this tight in recent memory, should be interesting.

I wouldn't go that far lol.. They went 6-1 (including the game AD got injured) when he was out. That's without Jrue/AD and Anderson

MVP race will be or should be between Harden and Curry. The beard is the mvp imo but they'll probably give it to Curry

Obsideon 03-06-2015 10:16 PM

I'm amused by this 'rivalry' between Harden and LBJ.
So tired of this whole lovey dovey "we're all friends" league.
Where's the FIRE?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Miller
My rookie year we were playing the Chicago Bulls, and this is Michael Jordan’s third or fourth year in. And we were playing an exhibition game...most veterans do not like to play in exhibition games, they want to get to the real thing. I’m a wide-eyed, energetic rookie and...Michael’s going through the motions. And Chuck Person—who’s on my team—who is a trash-talker as well, is like, "Can you believe Michael Jordan, the guy everyone’s talking about, who’s supposed to be able to walk on water? You’re out here killing him, Reg! ... You should be talking to him!" And I was like, "You know what, you’re right!" "Michael...who do you think you are? The great Michael Jordan? That's right, there’s a new kid on town!" He kind of looks at me and starts shaking his head. So at half I have 10, and he has four points...end of the game, the second half, he ended up with 44 and I ended up with 12. So he outscored me 40-2. And as he's walking off, he's like, "Be sure, and be careful, you never talk to Black Jesus like that."

Read this yesterday. We need more of THIS smack talk, not the "yo bro lets' catch a movie after the game" - LBJ to Melo

The crotch nudge was hilarious, IMO it didn't even look that bad... but LeFlop as usual overplays it and acts like he got donkey punted.
http://i.imgur.com/ZaDdx2c.gif
I thought they were friends? But it's looking good if it builds! Houston/Cavs final?

bballguy 03-07-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 8605596)
Same could be said with Westbrook without Durant.
Or Davis because without him the Pelicans are just as bad as Philly.

The race hasn't been this tight in recent memory, should be interesting.

How has WB carried OKC? They have a great roster and they are struggling to make playoffs...

fishCak3s 03-09-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8606317)
How has WB carried OKC? They have a great roster and they are struggling to make playoffs...

Injuries and new faces on their rosters.

bballguy 03-10-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishCak3s (Post 8607036)
Injuries and new faces on their rosters.

The new faces are good players and have adapted just fine...Westbrook is putting up numbers but he's not doing what it takes to win games....His usage is through the roof, like 2005-06 Kobe Bryant through the roof, yet he has one of the best rosters on paper to play with....He's not playing efficiently and not leading his team to wins. This team would be winning a lot more games if it was Westbrook that was hurt instead of KD.

Furthermore, the excuse of "Injuries and new faces" doesn't tell me how Westbrook is "carrying his team"...It gives me reasons why he might not be, though those reasons are no excuse...apart from KD, this team is relatively healthy right now and has a great roster. There's absolutely no reason for them to be struggling to beat teams like Philadelphia, or even Toronto...

Since Feb. 26, Westbrook's offensive rating of 103.1 -- points a team scores when the individual is on the court per 100 possessions -- ranks 83rd among those that have played in at least three games and average 20 minutes entering Saturday. His defensive rating of 112.9 is the league's 12th-worst mark.
"My job is to come out and try to help us win games," Westbrook said. "Regardless of what it takes, that's what I try to do. ... I'm always confident. My job is to instill confidence in my teammates."
Granted, a big reason Westbrook is taking so many shots is Kevin Durant remains sidelined. However, the Thunder are 2-6 this season when Westbrook attempts at least 30 field goals. Before his wild shooting streak began, Oklahoma City had won seven in a row as he averaged 17.6 attempts -- even with Durant missing three of those games.

Westbrook's streak of incredible numbers is overrated because it's being done at the cost of getting W's.

Obsideon 03-12-2015 08:16 PM

Super good game going on right Cavs vs Spurs

Obsideon 03-12-2015 08:29 PM

WOW I thought the Spurs had it in the bag when Kawhi pulled in the huge offensive board... Kyrie pulling a T-Mac, 3 guys on him to hit the tough game-tying 3.

jonwon 03-12-2015 08:43 PM

Fuark game of the year. So many clutch shots

Obsideon 03-20-2015 06:57 PM

Westbrook with his 9th trip-dub :ahwow:
and damn, Durant possibly out for the season ... I wonder what's gonna happen in the playoffs.

cow20xx 04-17-2015 07:59 PM

Wow no one mention anything on this thread since nash officially retired.

Playoffs wooooooo.

Obsideon 04-17-2015 10:11 PM

Pelicans beating the Spurs in the last game to clinch 8th. IMO they have a better chance against GSW than OKC did. Westbrook is burnt out and Ibaka is injured. No one on the Warriors can stop Unibrow.
The Spurs are also rolling right now.
Chicago is on fire and finally healthy.
Raptors are sucking.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...awqao1_400.gif

jonwon 04-17-2015 10:22 PM

This is the seeding the Raptors want. If and when they get through Washington, they play the Hawks which is a much better matchup than against the Cavs. On the season they went 3-0 against Washington and 3-1 against the Hawks.

dlo 04-18-2015 12:26 PM

iunno man lol, im not lookin forward for the raps to play the wiz... paul pierce fuckin murked em today lol

jonwon 04-18-2015 03:09 PM

Sigh... Raptors never fail to disappoint me lol

dlo 04-18-2015 05:00 PM

d rose!!! dam 22 points in 3 quarters, jimmy butler is doing juss as well also

cow20xx 04-18-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 8625801)
Sigh... Raptors never fail to disappoint me lol

Its a toronto thing, if anything the raptors has been the only bright spot in the sporting scene in toronto for the past couple of years lol

jonwon 04-21-2015 06:50 PM

Fuck this team.

Obsideon 04-21-2015 08:00 PM

What a horrible day, Canucks lose, Spurs lose.

jonwon 04-23-2015 08:50 PM

tfw you turn off the game cause you think it's over and then chef curry goes ham

Euro7r 04-23-2015 08:50 PM

Curry. Just wow! Making the shots when it mattered :fuckyea:

iVTEC_Do_You? 04-23-2015 09:02 PM

Came home for the 4th quarter, was disappoint, then...

dachinesedude 04-23-2015 09:24 PM

this guy

jonwon 04-24-2015 06:40 PM

Lowry is this season's Roy Hibbert, if not worse. At least Hibbert is tall.

Obsideon 04-24-2015 07:06 PM

Paul Pierce the Raptor slayer!

taeyoung92 04-24-2015 07:18 PM

paul pierce has always been clutch, never been scared of the big shots gotta respect the truth. I feel as the raptors need a real superstar to lead them. Guys like Lowry and DeRozen are great players but IMO suit being role players. Watching the Spurs right now Kawhi is really becoming a star. no longer a big 3 but a big 4, gotta love spurs basketball