REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:58 AM   #826
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
fuck jordan..he played with midgets..greatest in his era
kobe gets doubled all the time with bigger faster athletes..GOAT
Advertisement
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #827
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
LeBron will NEVER ever be the next MJ or be close.. They play different styles..

Yes, I'm referring to his antics.. showing off and dancing when they are winning big is stupid IMO.. He is 25 and no longer a rookie.. I am not doubting his abilities as he is a great ball player but he's just gotta tone it down when it comes to his antics.. i don't see any other superstars doing the same thing
you probably dont watch much nba then, haven't you seen wade jump up on a table, the celtics showing their golf swings during a game, iguodala hi fiving a crowd member repeatedly, kevin garnett is pretty notorious for doing and saying stupid shit once in a while

players in the past have done some pretty dirtbag things, which make lebron look like a saint

what does different styles have to do with anything?

if jordan isn't the goat then it has to be wilt chamberlain, they play different styles too

Last edited by liu13; 01-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #828
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
you probably dont watch much nba then, haven't you seen wade jump up on a table, the celtics showing their golf swings during a game, iguodala hi fiving a crowd member repeatedly, kevin garnett is pretty notorious for doing and saying stupid shit once in a while

players in the past have done some pretty dirtbag things, which make lebron look like a saint

what does different styles have to do with anything?

if jordan isn't the goat then it has to be wilt chamberlain, they play different styles too
I might have missed those games by Wade jumping on the table but did he do that when Miami is beating the other team by 30pts or was it a game winning shot by him? If he jumped around the table when they were winning big then ok.

And WTF are you talking about Goats and MJ and Wilt....I'm fucking confused here.

None of these guys are goats or bust or whatever...if you wanna talk Goats or Bust then I'd look at Kwame Brown, Reeves, Olowakandi.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #829
Banned (ABWS)

u said lebron will never be the next MJ or even close, and you attributed his lack of potential on playing styles and i disagree
Old 01-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #830

Quote:
u said lebron will never be the next MJ or even close, and you attributed his lack of potential on playing styles and i disagree
How can you even compare Lebron and MJ's playing styles? That's like comparing a Shooting guard and a Power forward.

But let's get back to Wade, etc. so what was the score when Wade jumped on top of a table? If it was a blowout game and he jumped on top of a table to show off the other team then I will apologize to you.

Prove me wrong.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #831

And I do not want to get into a debate with MJ, Lebron, Kobe crap again...It was done a few pages back or so and we don't want to get into it again
Old 01-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #832
Banned (ABWS)

.... smh

not comparing playing styles stupid, i'm comparing their potential to be goat

if kobe wins a few more chips, he'll definitely be right behind MJ, Lebron has the same potential, it's not a debate, it's a possibility
Old 01-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #833

Quote:
.... smh

not comparing playing styles stupid, i'm comparing their potential to be goat

if kobe wins a few more chips, he'll definitely be right behind MJ, Lebron has the same potential, it's not a debate, it's a possibility
When did I ever doubt LBJ's abilities dumbass... I said I like LBJ but I just want him to be more mature with his antics at times.

Now, I want to see that video of Wade showing off the other team as you said he did when they were winning big... I find Wade as one of the classy players right now and I would love to see highlights of this.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #834

The bottom line is.. MJ is the best ever and most popular ever in bball. .Hell, even LBJ wants to give up his 23 for respect to Jordan....

I just laugh at ppl saying that MJ had to play crappy players back then lol. good shit...

And picking LBJ over Kobe because of age...LMAO
Old 01-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #835
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Kobe > lebron imo
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #836
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
When did I ever doubt LBJ's abilities dumbass... I said I like LBJ but I just want him to be more mature with his antics at times.

Now, I want to see that video of Wade showing off the other team as you said he did when they were winning big... I find Wade as one of the classy players right now and I would love to see highlights of this.
here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqFxsZZVMF0

buzzer beating 3pointer against the bulls. so i guess he's still a classy guy. haha.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqFxsZZVMF0

buzzer beating 3pointer against the bulls. so i guess he's still a classy guy. haha.
Hahaha, thanks!! I saw this highlight before but knew it was a buzzer beater so ya...
I'll wait for Liu13 to post up the video where he is on top of the table showing off the other team when they are winning big.

Mind you, I don't care about pre game antics, etc. as it's all fun and games but showing up the team when losing is just plain cocky.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross888 View Post
^LOL at not offering Clippers playoff tickets. how embarrassing. someday they'll be back

man the game last night was pretty sick to watch. ended up being a close game even though Durant fouled out. Wesbrook hit some big shots.

the private entrance was pretty useful last night because it was so windy outside, we got to enter the stadium before the regular lineup was let in and it's right by the parking lot too. I saw Andrew Bynum in his red ferrari driving to the game turning onto Chick Hern Court (street name). that whole area has a great atmosphere.

is it just me or does watching the game live in person seem to go by so much quicker..?!

I LA

Nice to hear you had fun. Yea, I thought the game seems quicker but then again, our eyes were probably always looking around since it was our first time there so time flew by quick...

So next time i'm in LA, I should PM you then for tix? lol
Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #839
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
The bottom line is.. MJ is the best ever and most popular ever in bball. .Hell, even LBJ wants to give up his 23 for respect to Jordan....

I just laugh at ppl saying that MJ had to play crappy players back then lol. good shit...

And picking LBJ over Kobe because of age...LMAO
one can easily argue that bill russell or wilt > MJ

there have been/are still players that can still achieve that goat status, lebron, kobe, shaq had a great shot at it too
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #840

damn the clips beat the lakers last night, the lakers never had the lead at all. Kobe was 10 for 30 from the field but still finished with 33 points .

Also the heat/celts game was good, though wade had it there with .6 secs left but that inbound alley oops pass to rondo was right on point. I notice they run that alley oop play for rondo alot.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #841
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
As I quote Joakim Noah

"Lebron you's a bitch"
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #842
Unauthourized Spammer

anyone catch the Jazz vs. Cavs game?

Gaines hit the game winning 3 pointer. Before tonight I didn't even know who he was, but what a big shot he made. Once again missed free throws at the end of the game costing a team the game
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #843
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI6iQgMp-nA&hd=1
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #844
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^^ That was sick and the kid was on a 10 day contract.

In other news, The Lakers get showed again by LBJ and the Cavs. Some will argue that regular season don't mean shit. I agree to a certain extent, but the Cavs gave beaten the Lakers something like 9 of the last 12.

What do people want to see for a NBA final matchup?

Let's face is, the Lakers will come out of the West.

So

Lakers vs:
Cavs
Celtics part 2.
Magic
Hawks??

I would love to see any of the bolded ones
Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #845

it'll be lakers vs celts unless any of the big 3 get injured then it'll be lakers vs celts. Either way lakers repeating!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #846

I vote Lakers vs Celtics just so we can shut up Paul Pierce lol...but I would also want to see Kobe vs LeBron in a best of 7 series finals!!!!

As for the game last night, it was awesome!!!!! I think the Lakers will need to add another Center to the team. After Bynum, they really have noone...Gasol can't guard the bigs twice his size all the time..

And did anyone see LeBron rapping to Eminem's song when there's about 1minute left i believe LOL.. he was into it
Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #847

Quote:
I vote Lakers vs Celtics just so we can shut up Paul Pierce lol...but I would also want to see Kobe vs LeBron in a best of 7 series finals!!!!

As for the game last night, it was awesome!!!!! I think the Lakers will need to add another Center to the team. After Bynum, they really have noone...Gasol can't guard the bigs twice his size all the time..

And did anyone see LeBron rapping to Eminem's song when there's about 1minute left i believe LOL.. he was into it
haha yeah I saw him rapping, it was gangsta. Too bad the lakers lost
Old 01-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #848
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The Lakers do not match up well at all against the Celtics if the big 3 are playing. No Lakers repeat. I hope they stay healthy later in the season into the playoffs.

Cavs Lakers final would definately be entertaining. I guess wait and see.

Iverson starting for the East...ahahah
Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #849
Banned (BBM)

it will be the lakers vs denver

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
The Lakers do not match up well at all against the Celtics if the big 3 are playing. No Lakers repeat. I hope they stay healthy later in the season into the playoffs.

Cavs Lakers final would definately be entertaining. I guess wait and see.

Iverson starting for the East...ahahah
I don't know man..

Bynum - Perkins
Gasol - Garnett
Artest- Pierce
Kobe - Allen
Fisher - Rondo

That's pretty EVEN to me.... I do hope the lakers get another Center!! hope the GM thought the same thing after last night's game