REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #6301
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
They miss Linsanity so much on their offence. A lack of ball movement in their stagnant offense, especially in the fourth quarter.
Quote:
Mark my words, we'll see Linsanity playing well in the playoffs in the next couple of years. He'll surprise people.

Yeah, he would turn over the ball to the Heat if he played in round 1 this year. He's only twenty three years old. It's expected that he'll make mistakes like turnovers.
Quote:
If coach Woodson plays Lin as a reserve player coming off the bench, I still see Linsanity helping the Knicks with ball movement in their offense. He would certainly help them on the offensive side. He is prone to turnovers. I don't disagree that ball protection is one of Lin's weaknesses.
I'm not trying to pick on your posts, but I can tell you are a hardcore Lin fan and blinded by reality.

You went from saying the Knicks miss him in their offence now to Lin will make an impact in the playoffs in the next couple of years to Lin could be a force coming off the bench.

I was on the Lin bandwagon as much as the next guy, but the Knicks aren't going to win the series if he comes back. I can't beleive Lin's jersey sales are only second to Rose.

While I think the Knicks could be better on the dside and a true point guard can spread the floor better, Melo just can't seem to play well when there is a true 1 playing with him.

Just my thoughts.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #6302
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I was telling a buddy of mine that Steve Nash to New York would be great to see.. What do you guys think of that if it happens?

Nash/Shumpert/Melo/Amare/Chandler - JR smith as 6th man
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #6303

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Of course but Marc Davis is freaking terrible.

Do the C's have an Argument? - YouTube

Very good watch IMO
Ya, that's unfortunate. I hope NBA cleans house starting with david stern and his buddies of refs lol..

I know he was pissed but Rondo shudve tried to control himself better.. he knows he's an important piece to the celtics success and couldn't afford not having him in the game. We'll see how it goes for them tonight.

I think only the Celtics and Hawks can challenge the heat in the east... the hawks played very well against them with the zone D
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #6304
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Amare is gonna learn a lesson about impulsive behaviour. All bad behaviour by pro athletes gets magnified in a big media place like New York. The press is having a field day with his extinguisher punching incident.

Maybe he really hates losing games in the playoffs. Heck, which professional athlete doesn't want to win in the post season? Well, maybe except Radulov and Kostitsyn of Nashville. But that's another story.

The guy needs to use his anger in a positive way to play better and help his team, instead of taking it out on an inanimate object.

Here is the latest front page news from New York:

Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #6305
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
amare kinda sucks without a good PG, no post moves, no jump shot, he thrived big time when he had nash feeding him on the pick and roll
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #6306
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Amare Stoudemire (hand) will not play in Game 3 against the Heat and a return during the series is now "doubtful."

What a fucking idiot; I would get this motherfucker's contract voided right now if I ran the Knicks organization - most retarded thing I have ever seen...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #6307
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The Knicks seemed to be cursed or something, and with Brooklyn coming into the league next year, they will be second fiddle in New York in no time if Jay Z gets the right people to run the team.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #6308

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
The Knicks seemed to be cursed or something, and with Brooklyn coming into the league next year, they will be second fiddle in New York in no time if Jay Z gets the right people to run the team.
Jay-Z is a minority owner, he does not get much say in anything...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #6309

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Jay-Z is a minority owner, he does not get much say in anything...
Yea.. lol.. doesn't he own like 2-3% or something lol... atleast they let him design the logo hahaha
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #6310
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Its nothing new but Amare has lost a step. He doesn't have that explosive roll to the basket anymore which used to be his bread and butter.

Melo has ran iso for so long he needs leadership to make him play team ball. Kinda like how Jackson forced Bryant to play team ball. Even then, Bryant still iso-heavy occasionally. Not sure how Lin, Anthony and Stat would coexist.

Maybe if they can ship Anthony for Howard and Chandler for a good supporting cast. They cant ship Amare because of his uninsured contract. They can't ship Lin, that would be a PR disaster. Lin is not coming off the bench so I don't see how getting Nash would work.

Also you're in for disappointment if you expect Lin's arrival would turn this series around. He's coming off an injury and he's rusty. Scouts also know his move. He's no Kobe who can flip the switch and turn it on. He could give the Garden a short bust of energy, maybe enough juice to carry the Knicks to home wins. I don't see how they would win in Miami, unless LeBron lay eggs.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #6311

^ how much do you think Lin would get in NY or how much he would get in the FA market. I'm sure his contract is up so it's not even sure if he'll remain a knick.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #6312

The Knicks will be able to retain Lin for the foreseeable future via the "Gilbert Arenas rule."
He'll be an RFA after this season and the Knicks are up against the cap thanks to the salaries of Anthony, Amare, and Chandler. But they can still retain Lin by using their mid-level exception for next season to match or exceed any offer sheets Lin gets. Under the rules of the CBA, the most any team can offer him as an RFA would be around $5-mill per season.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #6313
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I was telling a buddy of mine that Steve Nash to New York would be great to see.. What do you guys think of that if it happens?

Nash/Shumpert/Melo/Amare/Chandler - JR smith as 6th man
I think the problem is with amare. No way I think him and chandler can play together in the paint.

plus it clogs the lanes for PG to slash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Its nothing new but Amare has lost a step. He doesn't have that explosive roll to the basket anymore which used to be his bread and butter.

Melo has ran iso for so long he needs leadership to make him play team ball. Kinda like how Jackson forced Bryant to play team ball. Even then, Bryant still iso-heavy occasionally. Not sure how Lin, Anthony and Stat would coexist.
they let kobe take over the 4th while the rest of the team played through 1-3. Of course that didnt last long, but NY has some good sharp shooters. I let them have the game, and in 4th let melo take over

Ill never understand why NY offered amare 120m for 5-6 years. Hes horrible to watch. And in my opinion NY has a better chance with chandler than Amare.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #6314

This is how I feel about the situation:

Yup Lin will be a restricted free agents and the Knicks will retain him. There's no way Jim Dolan will kill his cash cow. His jersey sells even better than Kobe's.

Amare relies heavily on his athleticism and as said above, he has lost a step. He used to dominate by rolling hard to the basket but he doesn't do that anymore. The Knicks was desperate to get any marquee superstar available. Amare was actually very good the last half of the 2011 season when the Knicks just signed him. Maybe injury or maybe laziness during lock-out has been limiting his athleticism. Or maybe he has already declined.

They can't ship Amare now as no one will take him. So they can use him as a pick and pop option as he actually can shoot mid-range jump shots. Maybe ship Anthony and Chandler and get back Howard plus some decent role players in a blockbuster deal. They have Lin at PG. That's the only way I see the Knicks turn out good next season. The Amare, Lin and Anthony experiment has failed.

And to answer wuuhoo: Kobe is an excellent passer, product of Jackson's triangle. He sees the floor better than the majority of PGs in the league. So he has successes in being the facilitator. The same can't be said about Melo even though his passing is underrated. Melo the facilitator? I don't see it.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #6315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
This is how I feel about the situation:

Yup Lin will be a restricted free agents and the Knicks will retain him. There's no way Jim Dolan will kill his cash cow. His jersey sells even better than Kobe's.

Amare relies heavily on his athleticism and as said above, he has lost a step. He used to dominate by rolling hard to the basket but he doesn't do that anymore. The Knicks was desperate to get any marquee superstar available. Amare was actually very good the last half of the 2011 season when the Knicks just signed him. Maybe injury or maybe laziness during lock-out has been limiting his athleticism. Or maybe he has already declined.

They can't ship Amare now as no one will take him. So they can use him as a pick and pop option as he actually can shoot mid-range jump shots. Maybe ship Anthony and Chandler and get back Howard plus some decent role players in a blockbuster deal. They have Lin at PG. That's the only way I see the Knicks turn out good next season. The Amare, Lin and Anthony experiment has failed.

And to answer wuuhoo: Kobe is an excellent passer, product of Jackson's triangle. He sees the floor better than the majority of PGs in the league. So he has successes in being the facilitator. The same can't be said about Melo even though his passing is underrated. Melo the facilitator? I don't see it.
Dwight Howard does come with his own baggage. Superman sometimes acts like a child and throws tantrums. Stan Van Gundy confirmed it with reporters last month that Howard went to management to ask them to fire the coach. Then Howard denies that he asked for the coach to be axed.

If Howard is traded to the Knicks, and things still don't go well for that team, look out. He's gonna complain about this and that.

Howard comes with a warning label if he's traded to another team.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #6316
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #6317

Most superstars come with baggage, until they find the right team, the right coach, the right environment to thrive.

Bulls get clobbered at home by Philly. Philly has smelled blood. I give Chicago 1 more game, Philly in 6.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #6318
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I'm so happy at the outcomes today Celtics steal a tough one and Bulls fall apart a little.

^but I still wouldn't discount the Bulls tho ... if they gather themselves mentally, they're still a better team than the 76ers without Rose imo
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #6319

Amare thinks there is a "great chance" that he can play game 4 despite cutting his hand from punching a fire extinguisher. Even if he does play, it might be too little, too late for the Knicks.

Stoudemire declares 'great chance' of playing in Game 4 | NBA.com
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #6320
Fanboy

Calling it right now , Jazz win game 2 against spurs
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #6321

Quote:
Amare thinks there is a "great chance" that he can play game 4 despite cutting his hand from punching a fire extinguisher. Even if he does play, it might be too little, too late for the Knicks.

Stoudemire declares 'great chance' of playing in Game 4 | NBA.com
They don't stand a chance with or without him and, apparently, they play better without him anyway....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #6322

Tyson Chandler wins the Defensive Player of the Year Award. -the first Knicks player to win the award.

He beat out Serge Ibaka and Dwight Howard to garner the most votes for the award.

Knicks' Chandler wins Kia Defensive Player of Year | NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/aw..._presser_2.nba
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #6323

Opponents shot 52 percent against the Knicks this season when Chandler was not on the floor -- when he was playing, that plummeted to 44 percent. Upon winning the award, he was quoted as saying, "For those of you who didn't vote for me hopefully I'll prove you wrong next season."
Old 05-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #6324
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Calling it right now , Jazz win game 2 against spurs
You can't be anymore wrong.
kawloonprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #6325

Jazz will win at least one game at home. Spurs not gonna shoot 40% in Utah. They're cooked in San Antonio though.