REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #7001
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
GG; Really happy for OKC and particularly Durant; down to earth, well spoken, and unselfish guy who has become a man amongst boys in just his 5th year in the league.....He's proven a lot of doubters wrong in long in such a short period of time...
I don't think there's really a lot of durant doubters in nba world..As a lakers guy myself. I knew it was a matter of time before they get to the finals. Hes had a lot of experience and coming up short last year helped and losing to lakers the year before that.

NOW. We shall see how he does in the finals as that's a lot of pressure but I see him just fine but anything can happen.
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #7002
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I don't think there's really a lot of durant doubters in nba world..As a lakers guy myself. I knew it was a matter of time before they get to the finals. Hes had a lot of experience and coming up short last year helped and losing to lakers the year before that.

NOW. We shall see how he does in the finals as that's a lot of pressure but I see him just fine but anything can happen.
There were A LOT of doubters in his draft year....

Quote:
Report: Durant's workout raises eyebrows at camp

Kevin Durant wowed NBA teams in his one college season at Texas. At last week's pre-draft camp? Not so much, according to a confidential draft camp report obtained by The Seattle Times.

According to the newspaper, the report said Durant was ranked 78th out of 80 NBA prospects who worked out at Orlando, while Ohio State center Greg Oden had an impressive workout.

Oden and Durant have long been slated to go 1-2 in the NBA draft, and it's expected the Seattle SuperSonics will take Durant after the Portland Trail Blazers take Oden.

According to the Times, Durant was the only prospect at camp who failed to bench press 185 pounds, and finished behind Oden in some key drills, including the vertical leap, agility drill and three-quarter court sprint.

Oden jumped 34 inches in the vertical leap while Durant jumped 33½ inches, completed the agility drill in 11.67 seconds to Durant's 12.33 seconds, and finished the three-quarter court sprint in 3.27 seconds, ahead of Durant's 3.45 seconds, according to the report.

Durant, however, had a 7-4¾ wingspan, which ranked second among all prospects and measured a half-inch wider than Oden's wingspan.

But Durant's college coach said scouts should not question his strength just because he could not bench press 185 pounds.

"If people question his strength, they're stupid," Texas' Rick Barnes said Tuesday, according to The Dallas Morning News. "If they are looking for weight lifters to come out of Texas, that's not what we're producing. There are a lot of guys who can bench press 300 pounds in the NBA who couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie. Kevin's the best player in the draft -- period, at any position."

Quote:
Kevin Durant can't bench 185 pounds - NBA Pre-Draft Combine Results

In the middle of this Jason Quick update on Greg Oden's measurables (that Todd posted yesterrday), was a rather eye opening fact regarding Kevin Durant:
But get this: Only one player was unable to bench press 185 even once - Kevin Durant.
Wow. I can bench more than Durant? I'm guessing most of you can too considering I'm not making anyone in my gym turn their head. I don't know how much stock you should put in this from a basketball perspective, but this is a red flag that should indicate he's not as NBA ready as we've assumed.

I realize Tayshaun Prince probably isn't pushing up 200 either, but I just worry about some early injuries due to the banging he'll inevitably receive. Consider this news an invitation for the "Durant Rules" to be applied instantaneously.

Bench press doesn't directly reflect toughness, but strength is clearly needed to succeed in the NBA. (see: Lebron James)
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #7003

Quote:
ESPN.com is reporting that the Raptors are targeting Rudy Gay of the Grizzlies or Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala in a trade.
The Raptors are said to be interested in dealing their No. 8 pick, along with Jose Calderon (expiring contract) and big man Ed Davis, in exchange for a stud small forward. Davis makes sense for the Sixers, who could use a good, young big man to eventually replace aging Elton Brand.
Can someone tell me how iguodala fit as a stud small forward. Im just not a fan I guess.

Bayless derozan gay Johnson bargnani Valanciunas wud be a solid core though
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #7004
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Go OKC! -happy to see the Thunder bring that killer instinct to defeat the Spurs to go to the Finals. -heard some doubters from other websites say that OKC is too young and too inexperienced, to win a championship. I'm hoping that this team makes those doubters eat crow.

This team has matured and learned lessons from losing to Dallas last season in the playoffs. -almost to the top of the mountain guys!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #7005

Quote:
There were A LOT of doubters in his draft year....
I see. I'm sure there's always doubts for drafts but no way in helllll he wudnt go 1-2 pick even if he can't bench 150 lol. Heck. He doesn't look like he can bench 185 still lol

Portland must be kicking themselves as to what could've been lol
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #7006
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Anybody good with cap space and salary wanna do an analysis on how OKC will keep their players? I'd like to see. This team can be great for years if they can keep their players.

And everybody is too young and inexperienced until they've won something.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #7007
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

THUNDERUPTON!

Last edited by Sir_Loin; 06-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #7008
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

apparently Ron Artest err I mean Metta World Peace is in Vancouver and about to do a weather report lol https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/...08144114659328
mlworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #7009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Anybody good with cap space and salary wanna do an analysis on how OKC will keep their players? I'd like to see. This team can be great for years if they can keep their players.

And everybody is too young and inexperienced until they've won something.
They won't be able to keep them all...Harden is due for a max. contract. They will probably have to let him go and will keep Ibaka.

They both become RFA's after next season...Ibaka makes about $2.5 mill next season while Harden makes about $5.8 mill next season.

Just listen to Westbrook's response to this...There's a reason why he didn't openly state that Harden is in fact worth a max contract...he completely avoided the question...."No more questions for you, bro."

Last edited by bballguy; 06-06-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #7010
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Can someone tell me how iguodala fit as a stud small forward. Im just not a fan I guess.

Bayless derozan gay Johnson bargnani Valanciunas wud be a solid core though
If you have watched iguodala play, he will remind you of a smaller lebron. He pretty much does everything but to a lesser degree.

But i would not want him to go T.O
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #7011

LeBron being LeBron

Quote:
LeBron being LeBron

This whole We Hate LeBron thing reminds me of a story.

A woman is in front of an apartment house that's engulfed in flames. She's screaming, "Help! Help! My baby's in there!"

A man sprints up and says, "Which floor?"

"Tenth!" she screams. "In the back!"

He rips off his coat and goes running in. Five minutes later, he's back, coughing, choking, and handing the woman the baby.

She looks at the man with a frown and sniffs, "He had a hat."

That's life for LeBron James.

Anything short of an NBA title makes James a useless wad of pre-chewed pork gristle in your eyes. Whatever he does -- three MVPs in nine seasons -- it's never enough.

You hate him -- still! -- for the way he botched the announcement of his free-agent move from Cleveland to Miami.

Forget that hundreds of people move from Cleveland to Miami every year.

Forget that dozens of NBA players change teams every year.

It was only one mistake. Has he showed up in any police reports since? Has he cheated on his fiancée ? Has he left his children stranded in the pick-up circle at school?

Has he refused to speak to reporters after a single game this season? Has he called out his teammates for their poor play, as Kobe Bryant did twice this postseason? Has he gotten his coach fired? Been fined for criticizing refs? Asked to be traded, released or named general manager?

Has he punched anybody? Choked anybody? Screamed at any parking valets? (Mom doesn't count.)

Smashed a chair? Drop-kicked any equipment? Tiger Woods does that on the front nine.

OK, LeBron is not perfect. Threw a Gatorade cup. Punched a walking stick. Carries that stupid little man purse. But if you were to fill a plane with the most spoiled superstars in the country, he'd be boarding in the D group.

You despise him because he passes too much. Imagine that. You hate a modern NBA player for not being selfish.

OK, I'd like to see him use his bag of hoop tricks to drive more at the end of games, too. But it's not like he hasn't done it, dozens and dozens of times, including huge fourth quarters against Boston and Chicago in last season's playoffs.

You people seem to want him to take it every single time, even with Dwyane Wade as a teammate. And Chris Bosh. But it's The Big Three, isn't it? Not The Big One.

And just so you know: In playoff games, LeBron has taken 13 final shots in tight games in regulation and hit five of them to win or tie. Kobe has taken twice that and hit only seven. Can we all just take a Xanax?

Besides, he passes so exquisitely. His passes are clairvoyant, leading teammates to places they didn't even know they were supposed to go. They're as soft and buttery as croissants. Why wouldn't you want him passing?

And why is the hoops world so hypercritical of this one thing when he's so brilliant at every other part of the game? Defense? He's guarded every position against the Celtics -- the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. "He's guarded everybody but me," says Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

Only Rajon Rondo is even close in all-around brilliance this postseason. James is second in points, fourth in steals, 10th in assists, second in minutes. He leads his team in double-doubles and the league in double standards. Wade missed an open jumper to lose Game 4 in overtime -- how come he's not "scared"?

Last year, you hated him for being a shrinker. Now you hate him for not being a closer. Every game, he must CLOSE. Was Magic Johnson a closer? A few times, yes. Every freaking time? No. And by the way, most of the time James doesn't need to close because he has been so drop-your-popcorn good the entire game.

Aren't we still playing the game of basketball? What happened to attacking the defense where it's softest? What's wrong with looking for the open shot? Aren't his 12 teammates getting paid, too?

People -- enough. This whole "Crown or Drown" thinking on James has to stop. Grown men are actually strapping microphones to their ties and saying that if James doesn't win the title, the Heat ought to be broken up. For what? For making the Finals last year? For making (at least) the Eastern finals this year? James has been with these guys only two seasons. It took Michelangelo four years to paint the Sistine Chapel. You people would've fired him in two?

But I think the reason you hate LeBron James the most is that he just doesn't seem to suffer his failures as much as you'd like him to. You want him to brood like Kobe after losses, glare like Jordan when things don't go his way, scream at teammates like Tom Brady when they're behind.

That's not James. His spirit is too light. He's too much fun. He's a 6-foot-8 pixie, a 27-year-old kid who's addicted to kidding. He's a genuinely sweet person. You think of the great athletes of our generation -- Jordan, Woods, Lance Armstrong. They all had a bit of the jerk gene in them. James is missing it. He is loved by his teammates, not feared. So sue.

That's probably going to work against him in the long run. It will keep him from being Jordan or Kobe or Kareem. It will keep him from being enough.

But isn't that somebody you want your kids to have as their hero?

Hat or no hat?
Rick Reilly: LeBron being LeBron - ESPN
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #7012
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlworks View Post
apparently Ron Artest err I mean Metta World Peace is in Vancouver and about to do a weather report lol https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/...08144114659328
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #7013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Hahahaa. A good effort by Metta. -definitely should keep his day job in the NBA instead of being a meterologist. He makes the weather reporting funny though.

Best lines from Metta while doing the weather report for CTV:

[B]There's a line, hey I don't know what that means...the earth is moving right now"

"Victoria, she sounds like she's hot...but she's actually cold."

"Tofino. A little tofu"

He butchered a few names of some places. Metta calls Osoyoos "O-C, O-C".

MWP refers to Kamloops as "Ka-loomps"

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #7014
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
"Victoria, she sounds like she's hot...but she's actually cold."

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #7015
Fanboy

Metta, hilarious.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #7016

Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #7017

Metta is in Vancouver and firing up his Tweets about hanging out in our beautiful city. An excerpt from the article link below:

http://www.canada.com/health/Lakers+...5286/story.html

According to Mr. World Peace's Twitter feed, he visited East Hastings, popped into the Whole Foods in West Vancouver, trekked to a local mountain where he claimed to have seen a bear and a cougar, ate Persian food and even found time to do the weather on a local TV station.

Metta getting his picture taken on East Hastings and his CTV weather reporting picture -wonder if he went to Chinatown to sample the local cuisine:

Old 06-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #7018

Better see this LeBron tonight:

And this Wade:

Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #7019

We'll see how LeBron and D-Wade respond to the pressure of an elimination game. NBA.com article about LeBron and his stats when facing elimination.

Can they handle the pressure of a must-win game on Celtics' home court?

Saddle up: LeBron again shoulders weighty expectations | NBA.com
Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #7020

-agree with Steve Smith in this preview of game 6. The Heat must dominate the boards, and out rebound the Celtics in order to win this game. KG has been playing well in the paint. Spoelstra has gotta go with Anthony, Turiaf, and give more playing time to Bosh. He'll need a bigger lineup to get more rebounds. Boston isn't a leader in rebounds, especially on the offensive glass.

-transition points: Easy buckets on the fast break. Make it a fast tempo game.

-play the best defence of their lives! -unlikely that Pierce will have a second straight bad game. Pierce, Rondo, and KG are gonna be dialed in for sure. It will take Miami's best game of the playoffs to beat a proud Boston team in their building.

Celtics-Heat Game 6 Preview | NBA.com

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-07-2012 at 01:08 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #7021
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I don't care who wins as long as Miami loses!... I thought Spurs could win this and then they could handle the Heat ... if Boston wins today I'll be happy, but if Miami pulls out of that series and beats OKC I'm gonna be choked!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #7022

Spoelstra during pregame... "for the first time..in a long time.. we have everyone available to play tonight" lol...

I ain't a fan of either teams but i'm excited for this game as a ball fan... Hopefully Allen gets a huge game
Old 06-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #7023
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Rajon Rondo, Triple Double tonight = GG HEATS.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #7024
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
trekked to a local mountain where he claimed to have seen a bear and a cougar,
yep lots of those in vancouver

hoping to see 20-10 from KG, 20+ from pierce, triple dub from rondo and 15+ from allen.

also hoping tonight is the night i get to hear a week's worth of lebron 4th quarter jokes

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #7025
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
yep lots of those in vancouver

hoping to see 20-10 from KG, 20+ from pierce, triple dub from rondo and 15+ from allen.

also hoping tonight is the night i get to hear a week's worth of lebron 4th quarter jokes

I'll just let the game play itself out.

Hope Celtics can close it at home.

Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote