REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #7226
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
so let's see these last two games, their youth cost them the game, the one thing everyone always seems to compliment them on, young guns.... that shit can work against you as well..... just shows the inexperience they still have, Harden last game and Westbrook this game..... they still in their early 20's, got lots to learn

but I gotta say they're heading in the right direction, from what I saw last years playoffs they're much better this time around...
When the Heat win this chip, I'm sure they're smart enough to know they don't wanna see the Thunder again in next years' finals, they just gonna keep getting better....
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #7227
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I see an amateur team for the 2nd straight game.

First Harden with unnecessary foul, which his flop backfired on him. Westbrook not mindful of the clock. Durant doesn't even get the ball until the last 13 seconds.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #7228
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
so let's see these last two games, their youth cost them the game, the one thing everyone always seems to compliment them on, young guns.... that shit can work against you as well..... just shows the inexperience they still have, Harden last game and Westbrook this game..... they still in their early 20's, got lots to learn

but I gotta say they're heading in the right direction, from what I saw last years playoffs they're much better this time around...
When the Heat win this chip, I'm sure they're smart enough to know they don't wanna see the Thunder again in next years' finals, they just gonna keep getting better....
Not if Westbrook/Durant turns into Marbury/KG

I can see it happening. Very soon.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #7229
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
-heard the ESPN commentator Michael Wilbon ask Commissioner Stern during game 3 about whether the league will do anything about players flopping.

The commish said a definitive "Yes", that the league will do something about next season to reduce the amount of flopping in games.

What do you think Stern means in terms of league addressing the flops? -give referees the power to call a foul on the player flopping?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #7230
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The thunder still have alot of growing up to do in many ways. Lebron is currently the best all around player in the NBA and deserves a championship this year. OKC will get theirs...
AbbyKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #7231
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
The Wizards have traded Rashard Lewis and the No. 46 pick in the 2012 draft to the Hornets, in exchange for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza.

Lewis is owed $23.7 million in the final year of his monumental contract, but the Hornets can (and probably will) buy him out for $13.7 million. Meanwhile, Okafor is owed $28 million over the next two years (with a $14.6 million Early Termination Option next summer), while Ariza is owed $14 million over two years (with a $7.7 million player option next summer). The No. 46 pick is little more than a sweetener, but the Hornets now have copious salary cap space and Anthony Davis inbound.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #7232
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Terrible deal for the wiz... Picked up 2 shitty contract, cant wait for no to waive lewis and potentially pick up dwills n a solid role player this offseason!!
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #7233
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Dwill, gordon, pjIII, davis solid core
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #7234

D-Will to NO? Yup, I'm sure that's at the top of his list....

and there's no way PJIII drops to 10; his stock is quickly rising...

Last edited by bballguy; 06-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #7235
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Lol dwill to hornets. U gotta be kidding. He's not moving from 1 shit hole to another.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #7236

The NBA is considering a "retroactive" penalty system to stop players from flopping:

-instant replay expanded to include flagrant fouls and goaltending.

NBA considering retroactive penalty system for flopping
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #7237

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebomb View Post
Terrible deal for the wiz... Picked up 2 shitty contract, cant wait for no to waive lewis and potentially pick up dwills n a solid role player this offseason!!
Really eh. I thought its a fairly solid trade for the wiz myself especially if okafor stays healthy..

Wall Crawford ariza nene okafor. That's wayyy better than having lewis lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #7238

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I'll tell you one fuckin thing the NBA definitely needs, and this is a no brainer I am very surprised the "geniuses" at the head office haven't implemented this.

the need high speed HD cameras that capture the action at high framerates... this would make the referee's jobs lookin at replays a helluva lot easier... anybody that's seen a slow motion replay of some play they're reviewing will know what I'm talking about.... the regular HD cameras just don't shoot fast enough to capture everything 100%

look how beautiful this shit is, find me one referee who wouldn't want these types of cameras implemented

Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #7239
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebomb View Post
Dwill is not going to the Wizard. Washington already has John Wall.

And I'm ok with a little controversy. Keep the game interesting.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #7240

I think it'd be hilarious seeing replays of flops with that instant replays lol.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #7241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Dwill is not going to the Wizard. Washington already has John Wall.

And I'm ok with a little controversy. Keep the game interesting.
He never said to the Wizards, he suggested that N.O. could potentially sign him...
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #7242
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I'll tell you one fuckin thing the NBA definitely needs, and this is a no brainer I am very surprised the "geniuses" at the head office haven't implemented this.

the need high speed HD cameras that capture the action at high framerates... this would make the referee's jobs lookin at replays a helluva lot easier... anybody that's seen a slow motion replay of some play they're reviewing will know what I'm talking about.... the regular HD cameras just don't shoot fast enough to capture everything 100%

look how beautiful this shit is, find me one referee who wouldn't want these types of cameras implemented

Thomas McCoy Phantom Basketball Dunk 2011 - YouTube
Dude that is cool,but this instant replay will make a NBA game last like 3 hours because its so super slow motion. It will take more than 5 mins to review a flop or foul
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #7243
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Damn, everyone is a Lebron hater...

NHL Players made their way to twitter last night to Mock LeBron James’ Leg Cramps –“Lebron James is embarrassing himself and the NBA or actually all athletes,” tweeted Ryan Potulny, a forward in the Washington Capitals system.“I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?” wondered former Bruin and current Jet Blake Wheeler.“We get it Lebron, it doesn’t hurt when you’re running around but it looks unbearable when the cameras are close up during the timeouts,” wrote Nick Bonino, former BU player and current Anaheim Duck.$“What a gutsy performance by lebron #not” wrote Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. — LeBron can’t win even when he wins. -TO

http://www.terezowens.com/nhl-player...99-leg-cramps/
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #7244

Wow...He got carried off the court like that last night??......Wow...............I did not see that....sigh....
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #7245

The Lakers are reportedly trying to make a move to get a first-round pick in the NBA draft.

Sam Amico is reporting that the Lakers are "making real push" to get a first-round pick, and have their sights set on one of two Baylor forwards: Perry Jones or Quincy Miller. What the Lakers would give up is unclear, but based on who they're looking at, it wouldn't be too much.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #7246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilagon View Post
Damn, everyone is a Lebron hater...

NHL Players made their way to twitter last night to Mock LeBron James’ Leg Cramps –“Lebron James is embarrassing himself and the NBA or actually all athletes,” tweeted Ryan Potulny, a forward in the Washington Capitals system.“I wonder what kind of face LeBron would make if he took a slapper off the laces?” wondered former Bruin and current Jet Blake Wheeler.“We get it Lebron, it doesn’t hurt when you’re running around but it looks unbearable when the cameras are close up during the timeouts,” wrote Nick Bonino, former BU player and current Anaheim Duck.$“What a gutsy performance by lebron #not” wrote Dallas Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski. — LeBron can’t win even when he wins. -TO

NHL Players Mock LeBron James
I don't get it when NHL players mock NBA stars. Sure, hockey players take more physical punishment in terms of body checks, blocking pucks, and maybe headshots, but basketball is a physical sport too.

NBA players play the game with less breaks between each game unlike the 30 second to 45 second shift of an NHL player.
Basketball is a physical sport that tests your stamina.

Goligoski should try to skate full speed with leg cramps before he tweets something against LeBron. Idiot! Juwan Howard and another guy helped LeBron off the court.

It's not like the stadium staff brought a stretcher out for him.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #7247

^ Sure to whatever you said, I have no opinion on the matter and I don't care to compare the physical aspect of NHL vs. NBA as they are two completely different sports and that debate is pointless....

BUT, as painful as a leg cramp is, and let me tell you, it can be REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking painful.....I would NEVER allow somebody to PICK me up off the ground in the manner shown by that picture unless I had a 2 broken legs and literally could not walk.....like seriously....be a fucking man...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #7248

Steve Nash says that he'll consider the Knicks in free agency. -no guarantee that Linsanity signs back with New York either. Interesting.

Nash's reply to ESPN: The Knicks are a great franchise and I live in New York City (each summer), so I’d definitely consider them if they were interested.”

Nash Says The Magic Words, Will Consider The Knicks In Free Agency « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #7249

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Steve Nash says that he'll consider the Knicks in free agency. -no guarantee that Linsanity signs back with New York either. Interesting.

Nash's reply to ESPN: The Knicks are a great franchise and I live in New York City (each summer), so I’d definitely consider them if they were interested.”

Nash Says The Magic Words, Will Consider The Knicks In Free Agency « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
Take that with a grain of salt; he's just saying that to be nice.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #7250
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
he's gonna go to miami or dallas I'm sure of it, he's not gonna get a ring with NY
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote