REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Nasty chapped lips (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565219-nasty-chapped-lips.html)

AsBannedAsItGets 02-18-2009 07:19 PM

Nasty chapped lips

why are my lips so chapped? it sucks cause you can't kiss crap when your lips are flaky and stuff. i have chronic dry lip syndrome and i use all the chapstick and it just get dry the next day. its really annoying arghgggggg:mad:
why cant it be summer..

hirevtuner 02-19-2009 10:45 AM

try using carmex...amazing stuff
used to have very bad case of chapped lips but not anymore

XtC_13aBy 02-19-2009 10:51 AM

I know what you mean.. in a similar situation as you. I have an abnormal skin condition and it affects the lips too and it's really frustrating having to reapply chapstick so often .. just tried buying blistex the other day for the first time..

Nvasion 02-19-2009 10:52 AM

carmex? where can i buy that? price?

hirevtuner 02-19-2009 11:27 AM

try shopper's or superstore...around same price of chapstick

AsBannedAsItGets 02-19-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirevtuner (Post 6289565)
try using carmex...amazing stuff
used to have very bad case of chapped lips but not anymore

do you use it everyday? i tend to get lazy if i have to apply it ever couple hours. pain in the ass

Jer3 02-19-2009 02:38 PM

http://www.blistex.com/images/lip_me...20Medex.72.jpg
get one of these at london drugs or shoppers. probably the best chapstick if you have chronic chapped lips. the one pictured above is a cream but they have the stick kinds in store. i've tried the other blistex lines and none of them worked except for this one.

Alphamale 02-19-2009 03:12 PM

I hear if you rub cum on your lips before you go to sleep, it helps to moisturize and keep your lips plump.

AsBannedAsItGets 02-19-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer3 (Post 6289969)
http://www.blistex.com/images/lip_me...20Medex.72.jpg
get one of these at london drugs or shoppers. probably the best chapstick if you have chronic chapped lips. the one pictured above is a cream but they have the stick kinds in store. i've tried the other blistex lines and none of them worked except for this one.

tight!!! i'll try this thanks for the rec.

alphamale you serious? i don't want to call shennanigans cause i know i read somewhere people use urine on their face called urine therapy or some crazy shit like that :eek:

twitchyzero 02-19-2009 04:00 PM

Drink lots of water constantly.
Apply vasaline after you shower/ before you sleep.

I myself have pretty chapped lips as well.
Are you on medication? No need to answer as that's confidential. Just letting you know that most meds will cause low salivary flow and dry lips.

pamplemousse 02-19-2009 10:25 PM

blistex lip medex +1. been using it for years

KingDeeCee 02-19-2009 10:44 PM

Oh man, I had the flu a week ago and out of the blue, probably cause I didn't drink enough water, my lips chapped like crazy. And I still have small amounts of chapped lips on the outer rims of my lips. I apply Aloe Vera Chapstick every night and drink lots of water, but its not helping. -.-

odotodoMAN 02-19-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6290034)
I hear if you rub cum on your lips before you go to sleep, it helps to moisturize and keep your lips plump.

+1

Nvasion 02-20-2009 08:06 AM

my lips got really dry about a yaer ago... it happend out of nowhere and now when i dont use it after i eat then it appears that my top lip bubbles at the tip

tough 02-20-2009 08:21 AM

drink water and use bee balm, at night use vaseline

AsBannedAsItGets 02-20-2009 12:55 PM

^ i like the vaseline idea. I'll try that

Nvasion 02-21-2009 09:19 AM

beebalm is pretty expensive.. 4 something each? but ill try one later today.

right now i only use nivea lip care. anything else i use my lips get worse,except the blistex hand rub on one.

Nvasion 02-22-2009 01:13 AM

i just bought the burts bees beeswax lip balm. and it kind of stings, but it seems to be working wonders!

bcrdukes 02-22-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

WTF you got a point for that comment?

What a bunch of Nazi mods. :rolleyes:

RFlush 02-22-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

I am glad that you got a point. Good to know that the report button works!

rslater 02-22-2009 02:19 PM

Just to pass on some information I've gained over the years because I was on Accutane so my lips were dry permenately. The reason your lips are dry is because their is a lack of moisture given off your oil glands on your lips. From Vaseline to Blistex all those products are doing is sealing in the moisture. Their not improving the condition of the lips. Their are no products that can increase the production of oil on your lips. Its a vicious cycle. Products like Vaseline over continual use can even strip the first layer of your lips, thus makign them even more suseptible to dryness.

With that being said the only product i can recommend is Jojoba oil. It can be found at save on foods. It is believed that this oil imitates the oil on your skin thus tricks the skin into believing it is has an ample amount of moisture. It comes in a liquid so your dab the liquid on your lips before bed and try it. Its probably the best moisturizer because its not just sealing in your skin so moisture does not leave like all other products (including face and hand moisturizers and lip balms) but rather is creating or mimicking natural oils on your face.

AsBannedAsItGets 02-22-2009 02:45 PM

never heard of it. is jojoba oil like castor oil or olive oil?

rslater 02-22-2009 05:54 PM

Yes similar to Olive Oil, which is also a GREAT lip balm.

AsBannedAsItGets 02-22-2009 08:24 PM

cool, I know I have olive oil. I'll try that tonight and see how it works out.
great suggestion if I may add. In theory it sounds like it should work.

taucool 02-22-2009 08:48 PM

try rubbing honey on ur lips