REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed Aircare

Failed Aircare today

Only the idle test was done

Hydrocarbons:
Max Allow: 116
Vehicle Reading: 592

Carbon Mono:
Max Allow: 0.93
Vehicle Reading 5.11

So pretty much i failed miserably. Im running JDM B16, with P30 I believe. With a tune Using Crome.Did pass with this tune, but it was the rolling test. The only modifications I have are an Intake and a Catback. Stock header and cat. Car idles around 500-600 rpms I believe.

Before Aircare I changed the Oil, spark plugs,94 octane,Drove for about one hour on the highway with rpms at 4k, and the o2 sensor

So what should I do Guys/Gals? I got a universal Walker cat ready for install, if i can find a good muffler shop In/around Abby Town to install it. Dunno if this will work but, we'll see..Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Brian604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Maybe this might help?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

The cat won't be the root of the problem. Niether is ignition system. Its way over fueling. But with that amount of hc's going into the cat, that could damage the cat. Need to see what its reading before the cat.
front o2 sensor cylcing fast enough? Can be checked with a volt meter

Last edited by Puck Luck; 02-22-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: info
Puck Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

put the OEM chip back in and replace your cat,also the distributor cap and rotor. also check O2 sensor for clogging.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

thanks for the input guys.

Things Im going to do:

Get a shop to lean it out a bit. 5% CO is hella rich for idle
Change my cat
Check my Timing, back to 0?
Dunno if i can find my stock chip :S, maybe a stock P30? Or is there another ECU that work with my setup?

sound good?
Brian604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

You're on the right track for sure with the CO. You have to get that down first and hopefully your HC will drop. Try to get everything like CO and timing near stock and like said above I would be looking into the O2 sensor before I did anything with the CAT. Bad thing here is your CO and HC readings are after the CAT, just wonder what they are before...
CDN-R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
I don't get it

Scope the O2 first. This will show you the direction to take for diagnosis if not the problem itself.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote