REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
what are the things a pregnant woman shoudn't eat?

[serious question]

my friend's wife is pregnant and would like to know what kinda things she shouldn't eat.

I have heard people saying watermelon and mango are bad for babies, they will get sensitive skin (like rash) when they grow up...Also eggs, claimed by some researchers, are 3-4x more likely that the baby will have allergies (like nose, skin, peanuts). Oh of course seafood is big no no. I guess all kinda fastfood or oily stuff are not good for her and the baby as well, what other things you have heard from your parents or friends that a pregnant woman shouldn't eat?

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
ask your mom. she raised you fine.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #3

^ she ate veggies only, and small amount of meat...that is it. She knows nothing
Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

u can eat the normal things u still eat but obviously what goes into your body goes into the baby as well. So if you eat fatty or unhealthy foods, ur baby might be unhealthy. Normally for pregnant women they try to balance all nutrients.
You also have to think about the immune and digestive system of a child. obviously its not the same as an adult so consuming raw meat, raw products, high mercury fish, high salt content, high sugar content, and etc is bad for the child. Its just common sense ur friend needs as to what u would think a child could and couldnt eat. Foods that are easy for her to digest would be easier for the baby to digest as well.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #5

^ I am sure everyone knows a pregnant woman needs a balanced diet...

what I am asking is, there is food out that will affect a baby's health. It is better to avoid eating it.

for example...duck, chinese say it is poison, not literally poison, but if you have wound or just finished a surgery, it will take longer time to heal or you might end up having rash or something.

you know when you eat something, you probably won't notice how your body reacts to it, cause you are an adult, but it probably will affect the baby in long term. A real life example would be my aunt used to eat watermelon regularly when my cousin was born, ending up he has really really horrible skin (his skin is like sand paper and reddish when the weather is hot). It is commonly known in chinese culture not to eat watermelon when you are pregnant. I don't know, I better ask more elder people.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

don't eat pineapple
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
you would think your fucking friends wife would call her doctor, not as a fucking automotive chat, is she 2 fucking fat to pick the phone up, or do her fat fingers press 3 numbers
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
you would think your fucking friends wife would call her doctor, not as a fucking automotive chat, is she 2 fucking fat to pick the phone up, or do her fat fingers press 3 numbers
wow rage

berz out
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
y so srs brah
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #10

it's okay, I understand there are many problematic kids out there...I get used to it already

I bet halogodv2's mom ate something weird when he was born
Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #11
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
No eating raw milk stuff.

So only pasteurized cheeses.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Your friend shouldn't be making babies.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Just ask Alphamale's mom diet when she was pregnant with him. Whatever she says she ate, don't eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
^ I am sure everyone knows a pregnant woman needs a balanced diet...

what I am asking is, there is food out that will affect a baby's health. It is better to avoid eating it.

for example...duck, chinese say it is poison, not literally poison, but if you have wound or just finished a surgery, it will take longer time to heal or you might end up having rash or something.

you know when you eat something, you probably won't notice how your body reacts to it, cause you are an adult, but it probably will affect the baby in long term. A real life example would be my aunt used to eat watermelon regularly when my cousin was born, ending up he has really really horrible skin (his skin is like sand paper and reddish when the weather is hot). It is commonly known in chinese culture not to eat watermelon when you are pregnant. I don't know, I better ask more elder people.
Haymura and CRS have listed some of the foods your gf I mean your friend's wife should avoid eating. Those are listed in a variety of resources and have scientific reasons why they shouldn't be eaten.

As for pineapple, watermelon, duck etc. in my opinion, those are myths - but since you know about them, I wouldn't purposely go against them either! It's like if you hear it's bad luck to do x, you wouldn't go and do x, would you?

If they're anything like my relatives, I'm sure your friend's parents and in-laws will have a lot of input into the matter.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

definitely not seafood for sure. my gf's sister is pregnant and she wont touch anything that came from ocean.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
Not a mod

Tell her not to suck any dick. You wouldn't want her to have a baby boy who has an appetite for cock later in life.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
make SURE to tell her 2 eat mc donalds wendys and stuff i think that really helps with the whole retarded thing
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

just staying healthy is most important. As well as taking pre-natal vitamins if you're trying to get pregnant such as folate.

It is said to avoid seafood because of the raw factor. So long as you know the food is of good quality, it wouldn't be an issue. But there is higher risk, and its best to be avoided.

But really, I wouldn't ask your parents and friends. Ask your doctor, or a public health nurse. There are a lot of wives tales that are completely unfounded. Such as the egg thing. Eggs are completely fine, but raw eggs _could_ be contaminated with salmonella...cooking an egg will fix that. But things such as Caesar dressing or Mayo should be avoided because they contain raw egg product...unless you trust your grocery store and properly refrigerate them after opening...
Chris_RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #19
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Just eat a healthy balanced diet. Don't go looking to fill her head with stupid Chinese superstitions if she doesn't already know of them.

Avoid foods that may cause issues whether you are pregnant or not. Raw seafood should be taken in moderation.

Actually, Chris_RB gave good advice (good job noob!).

The key is to eat a varied diet.

I would find out if it's okay to take huge amounts of fish oil. That stuff is like liquid gold for the body. But it can thin the blood, and that may cause issues with giving birth. It can also weaken your immune system. Anything less than 3-4g a day should be OK, but you should check first. I take about 6g a day.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #20
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

although many doctors feel that one or two 6- to 8-ounce cups per day of coffee, tea, or soda with caffeine won't harm your baby, it's probably wise to avoid caffeine altogether if you can. High caffeine consumption has been linked to an increased risk of miscarriage, so limit your intake or switch to decaffeinated products.

When you're pregnant, it's also important to avoid food-borne illnesses, such as listeriosis and toxoplasmosis, which can be life-threatening to an unborn baby and may cause birth defects or miscarriage. Foods you'll want to steer clear of include:

soft, unpasteurized cheeses (often advertised as "fresh") such as feta, goat, Brie, Camembert, and blue cheese
unpasteurized milk, juices, and apple cider
raw eggs or foods containing raw eggs, including mousse and tiramisu
raw or undercooked meats, fish, or shellfish
processed meats such as hot dogs and deli meats (these should be well-cooked)
fish that are high in mercury, including shark, swordfish, king mackeral, or tilefish
Old 03-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #21
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

LIke others have said, talk to the pediatrician about what's good and what's not. Anything that gives a greater risk of food poisoning or a reduction in your immune system is a no-no. What the guys above have listed is a good start.

Listening to old wives tales are...well...a little ridiculous and unfounded. I guess you could do it to appease the parents (well, at least when you're in their presence). I don't really believe in that stuff, but then I also realize the need to keep peace in the family.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
wow rage

berz out
funniest quote of the thread