REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Automotive Chat

Island Automotive Chat Victoria to Port Hardy and everything in between
For all your island car related talk.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
Banned (BBM)

seriously nash man, learn to spell/type...

its really hard reading your posts :P
Advertisement
Fleemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

well i aint ever going to go there now

you do 1 good thing and maybe they will tell 1 person
you do 1 bad thing 10 people will find out
you fuuuuk someone over everyone will here about it
Deisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #28
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkou888 View Post
BC-X are you sure your nto affiliated with them??
no he isnt affiliated with them. He is in the automotive parts resale industry and knows the business very well, as do i, as do many on this forum.

after reading your update, it definately sounds like you need to change your tone with the way you handle your battles, especially when you threaten legal recourse.

good luck.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Ouch... Looks like I'm not going there going there ever.

Sounds like a perfect case of taking advantage of unsuspecting customers. Why wouldn't you go over things that you've done at least? That's some bad CS... Or better yet, ask if it's alright to do things to the car other than what you're in there for.

On a side note, it kinda reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FefIzya7fw&NR=1

§[]D€€Ð Ѐ[\/]Ö|\| 4 L I F E!

My CarDomain
My Honda Showoff
tamazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dipper View Post
no he isnt affiliated with them. He is in the automotive parts resale industry and knows the business very well, as do i, as do many on this forum.
oh ok, just thought he talked alot like the manager/owner of fountain tire, and since he read it as well, i thought it might've been him. just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dipper View Post
after reading your update, it definately sounds like you need to change your tone with the way you handle your battles, especially when you threaten legal recourse.

good luck.
yes i agree, but i was pissed....will definately take that into consideration next time. thanks

Last edited by jonkou888; 02-26-2009 at 11:03 PM.
jonkou888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamazoid View Post
Ouch... Looks like I'm not going there going there ever.

Sounds like a perfect case of taking advantage of unsuspecting customers. Why wouldn't you go over things that you've done at least? That's some bad CS... Or better yet, ask if it's alright to do things to the car other than what you're in there for.

On a side note, it kinda reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FefIzya7fw&NR=1
how stupid can this girl fucking be!
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #32

apparently they've been ripping off former owners of kimbo chinese restaurant for the past little while as well. owners of kimbo are friends of my familys' and they told me they brought all their personal and delivery cars in in the past 10years and realized they've been ripping them off as well so they go elsewhere now.

taking advantage of another chinese woman whose english is also not very fluent, i see

Last edited by jonkou888; 02-26-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamazoid View Post
at least the mechanic asked "just running it by you to see if you would like them done." or something like that. fountain tire's excuse was they didn't have a phone number they could reach her at because the number my mom gave them was her old works number. she hasn't been at that number for a year now, and the car has been in there multiple times since then. which could have been my mom's fault, but they should've asked her for a number she could be reached at when she dropped it off.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #34
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

why does it matter if you started a internet thread ranting about his shop? and whether you called him names or not. as a son, you're doing a good thing by backing your mom up and preventing her from getting ripped off again. i don't see why he doesn't want to deal with you just because you called him names, sounds like the owner is just a crybaby and doesn't want to take responsibility for his mistakes...

i work in the car industry as well and thats just wrong. eveyrthing should be double checked with the customer to avoid situations like this. no contact information equals no work being done. seems like he has horrible customer service, expecially for the owner/manager, how could he expect to keep running business with an attitude like that. what kind of example does that put for his staff?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chineseboi250 View Post
what kind of example does that put for his staff?
actually he didn't put up much of a show for the staff. when i called him, he put me on hold so he could go to his office.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #36
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

of course he doesn't wanna deal with you, you put up a fight. your mom just pays and leaves and then comes back, pays again then leaves....... if you didnt get involved, your mom would be back there ten times and this guy would make enough off her to retire.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #37
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Interesting read. This is something I have actually noticed before with most, but not all, of the general mechanic and tire shops around victoria. But you must remember that when dealing with the general public who have no knowledge at all about auto mechanics and don't care/don't know about the pricing system, they can get away with this sort of "silent approval". This, however, doesn't give them that right. This doesn't give them any right to charge for anything that wasn't specified by the customer when the car was brought in. If furthur problems are found after the vehicle was dropped off the customer should have been notified before the work was performed. Furthermore, in regard to the pricing system, when pricing has been set on something, ie. oil disposal, the shop should not have arbitrarily changed the pricing.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #38
alf
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,065 Times in 89 Posts
wow, i dont think i will ever go there agian
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #39

Wow what a douche bag that shop owner is. Ill make sure I never go there, along with everyone else I know!

The shop I deal with is awesome. They called me 5 times one day with updates on my car. Asking me for permission to do certain things. Some of the problems I thought were wrong with the car, wernt. They were honest enough to tell me certain things didnt need to be done right now. And that ended up saving me a few hundred dollars.

I understand that those things, along with other things will need attention at some point, but like the saying goes " If it aint broke, dont fix it". Or in this case, the items still have enough life left in them to be safe for the time being, might as well get the most use out of them as I can. No point in paying for new tires, belts, brakes etc if they still have life in them, otherwise your just throwing out money.

I always ask for the old part so I can inspect them too. If they say you need new brakes, belts, plugs anything, ask for the old parts. This way you can tell if they are being honest.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by igeemctwist View Post
Wow what a douche bag that shop owner is. Ill make sure I never go there, along with everyone else I know!

The shop I deal with is awesome. They called me 5 times one day with updates on my car. Asking me for permission to do certain things. Some of the problems I thought were wrong with the car, wernt. They were honest enough to tell me certain things didnt need to be done right now. And that ended up saving me a few hundred dollars.

I understand that those things, along with other things will need attention at some point, but like the saying goes " If it aint broke, dont fix it". Or in this case, the items still have enough life left in them to be safe for the time being, might as well get the most use out of them as I can. No point in paying for new tires, belts, brakes etc if they still have life in them, otherwise your just throwing out money.

I always ask for the old part so I can inspect them too. If they say you need new brakes, belts, plugs anything, ask for the old parts. This way you can tell if they are being honest.
oooo, may i ask what shop that is? maybe i can tell my mom to start going there.

good idea, maybe i should tell my mom to start asking for old parts back as well. Thanks!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/stay-...html?p=6303925
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #41
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I still stand by what I said. I didn't go and say what they did was perfect and textbook. But given dealing with a picky difficult customer like yourself and an intermittent problem... (that they diagnosed 3 times FREE OF CHARGE.... oh did he leave that out? Ooops) I might have acted the same way after finally billing for services being done. Only to have the customer refuse to pay the bill?

The problem here is that Jon (jonkou888) is telling his side of the story, therefore trying to convince the people that read his rhetoric story. That he(his mom) are completely innocent and a victim of gouging. Which is convincing when Duane cannot defend himself from Defamation of Character on an online forum he doesn't even know about. I'm just trying to shed some further light on the situation and keep the other person in the loop.

If you wanna talk about some seriously shady shops, I'd be happy to tell you or anyone via pm's where to avoid. And far worse events transpiring then anything posted in this thread.
BC-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #42
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Exactly, who's really going to take this to heart? For all we know this could just be some petite, more gums than teeths boy's fantasy.
aznboi8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #43

wow iam glad ive never had to deal with a douchebag like duane @ fountain tire....i will never take my cars to them if the shop owner treats his customers that way...thanks jonkou888 for the warning!
awong03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-X View Post
(that they diagnosed 3 times FREE OF CHARGE
I'm supposed to be greatful that he did me a "favour" by diagnosing three times (failing to find the source of problem by the way) without so much as calling me or stating it on the invoice, and than proceeds to perform a bunch of other services and "sold" us unecessary parts that didn't even fix the problem we brought it in for?

The point is not a 2 dollar discrepancy on the oil disposal charge, the point is not that he's trying to make money because he's running a business. That, I can understand.

The point is that it's poor business practise to take advantage of a language barrier and basically rip us off, not 2 dollars, but several hundred dollars worth in "services and parts" which weren't asked for, needed, or even confirmed with us.

Yeah, I'm pissed, and yeah I ragged on the guy, but the point of this thread was to inform other members about my negative experience with the store and hopefully warn them away from being taken advantage of the same way my mom was.

bc-x Thanks for your insight and thanks for coming out

Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #45

so any new updates on this situation? i would really like to know how this turned out
awong03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #46
Certified Troll: Access Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi8888 View Post
Exactly, who's really going to take this to heart? For all we know this could just be some petite, more gums than teeths boy's fantasy.
+1
impactY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi8888 View Post
kinda late, but did u make your account just to post that?