REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
I don't get it

American Idol (Season 8)

Alright, so, the American Idol season 8 is starting to "officially" air cutting down to the top 12 singers, and im just wondering what you guys think about this season's contestants so far.

So far, there are a few with actual talent, but others.. eh, some are sorta questionable.
Nick Mitchell? I think the dudes sorta.. on the crazy side. I mean, yeah, i guess he's "funny" but is he really idol material? I wouldnt be surprised if he gets voted off soon. But then again, it seems like each season there's always an "odd one". Like last season, whats his name? dude with the hair?
Allison the red head girl, i think she's just another Kelly clarkson.. and personally i dont like kelly clarkson very much =s

Theres a few i want to make into the top 12, but it sucks they can only take 3 people from each group =(

Im still a bigger fan of Canadian idol heh.

But anyway, what are your thoughts so far?
Advertisement

Last edited by NimbeeTT; 02-26-2009 at 07:07 PM.
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Canadian Idol = Dead....they say for economic reasons...i say for rating reasons. Show was a joke....but trying out for the show was fun; so many hot chicks there that are damn straight dumb!!

So far my faves in the competition is Norman Gentle and Danny Gokey. His buddy shouldn't have been booted out...he's better than a lot of them. As for Nick/Norman, the competition needs to ease up and let this guy through and just plain out entertain, then just boot him when he actually starts getting annoying. But by all means, i had a blast watching him perform.

That Lambert kid has a crazy ass voice though...that boy is going far.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbeeTT View Post

Theres a few i want to make into the top 12, but it sucks they can only take 3 people from each group =(
Don't forget, this year they are bringing back the wildcard round....so people that don't make it will get a second chance.

This is how Tatianna will make it back into the competition. How annoying.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Don't forget, this year they are bringing back the wildcard round....so people that don't make it will get a second chance.

This is how Tatianna will make it back into the competition. How annoying.
OMFG No. Tatianna was scary, and like Simon said, sooooo desperate to be famous.

Anyways, a lot of people that were really good in the early auditions and Hollywood Round were either terrible or just mediocre the past couple weeks. Matt Giraud was really disappointing because he was amazing when he sang Ray Charles. Alexis Grace, Danny Gokey, and Adam Lambert were standouts for me. The judges really liked Allison but she is very Kelly Clarkson-esque (she even looks like her). The judges didn't like Kai's performance but I love his voice and in my opinion, all he needs is a haircut. I LOVE Nick Mitchell. I definitely think he has potential for a future in entertainment, probably not as a recording artist though. I was also kind of sad that Anoop didn't get through because I was rooting for him.
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #5

Yeah...Anoop wasn't bad.....the rig-worker sucked.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

The new format sucks for the people that didn't get much airtime from the auditions to Hollywood week. One chance to completely win over the fans or go home.
clowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbeeTT View Post
Alright, so, the American Idol season 8 is starting to "officially" air cutting down to the top 12 singers, and im just wondering what you guys think about this season's contestants so far.

So far, there are a few with actual talent, but others.. eh, some are sorta questionable.
Nick Mitchell? I think the dudes sorta.. on the crazy side. I mean, yeah, i guess he's "funny" but is he really idol material? I wouldnt be surprised if he gets voted off soon. But then again, it seems like each season there's always an "odd one". Like last season, whats his name? dude with the hair?
Allison the red head girl, i think she's just another Kelly clarkson.. and personally i dont like kelly clarkson very much =s

Im still a bigger fan of Canadian idol heh.

But anyway, what are your thoughts so far?
I turn away from CDN idol the moment i see their Host. FUCKING DOUCHY Looking bastard.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowe View Post
The new format sucks for the people that didn't get much airtime from the auditions to Hollywood week. One chance to completely win over the fans or go home.
Its actually not a new format.....its the original format. The last few years was a modified format to equal out the girls and guys in the top 12.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Tatiana ruined her chances by basically admitting that it is all an act, and she is just "marketing" herself.

Night #2 was pretty bad, only one good performance, a few OK ones, and mostly really bad ones.

Anoop got SCREWED. Hopefully me makes it through on his second go.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I really like Kris Allen! I think the last song he sang was MJ's "man in the mirror"
Machi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #11

I'm mostly pretty happy with the picks for the wild card round. I had hoped that Anoop and Matt Giraud would come back. I'm also glad that Von is in as well. My only problem: TATIANA? WHY???? I would MUCH rather they have brought back Nick Mitchell in her place.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Ya, why Tatiana! I guess they want her for ratings for tonights' show lol. They should have picked Kendall instead...hehehe.

I'm rooting for Jorge and Scott..I like the tune of their voices.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #13

Jorge vs. Jorge

This is so odd.....anyone remember Meet the Fockers???

Jorge Nunez

Jorge Villalobos, Meet the Fockers
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #14

Thoughts on the Wild Card Round: Glad Anoop and Matt Giraud are back in. Anoop is such a geek with his awkward wannabe-sexy dance moves but I still love him. Matt Giraud was amazing although his outfit was horrific. Ricky Brady has a really good voice but the awkward bouncing + the reallllly tight outfit killed it for me. And Tatiana seems sane when she sings but then she starts talking.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:17 AM   #15
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Jorge vs. Jorge

This is so odd.....anyone remember Meet the Fockers???

Jorge Nunez

Jorge Villalobos, Meet the Fockers
Not even remotely similar
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote