REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Vancouver hosting 2011 Grey Cup game

if ne 1 watches

Quote:
The BC Lions have called a news conference for Friday morning, and News1130 Sports has learned it will be announced that Vancouver will host the 2011 Grey Cup game. Premier Gordon Campbell is expected to attend the announcement.

By 2011 the new retractable roof will be in place on BC Place Stadium, along with renovations currently underway for the 2010 Olympics (the stadium will be used for the Opening and Closing ceremonies).

This year's Grey Cup game is in Calgary, while this week the 2010 Grey Cup was awarded to Edmonton.

The last time Vancouver hosted the Grey Cup was 2005, bolstered by a week of activities with streets in the downtown core shut down.

News1130's Dr. Sport Greg Douglas says it's the kind of event you always want to host.

"It's a bonanza for the owner of the team, and David Braley deserves every financial break he can get because of the interest and the perseverance he's put into the team over the years. Also with the new look of the open roof, it would be ideal to show off across the country."

It's also a big money maker, Toronto brought in $80-million in revenues, in 2007.
Advertisement
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

echo echo echo echo
Old 03-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,735 Times in 812 Posts
wow. we're special. a league with 8 teams and we get the Grey Cup after 6 years!