REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Cute 10month hound needs adoption.

Hi everyone, i have a 10month old coon hound that is need of a good home. She is trained and had her first year shots. She comes with a large dog house, leash, clothes. The reason i need to give her away are family issues, if i could i would really want to keep her. She is just the sweestest dog ever! I hope a loving and caring family can take her and give her a better home than i can. Please email me at bdrums_85@hotmail.com and dont hesitate to ask any questions.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8885/bellax.jpg
Advertisement
Shead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Hey there Shead!

I dunno, but I would think it would probably be a good idea to mention that the dog was once hit by a car...http://www.revscene.net/forums/help-...&highlight=dog
Kang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #3

i dont think that should be factor if u're an actual dog lover. besides when they actually contact me about her of course i will give full detail. but thx for the advice
Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
RS controls my life!

^ if you wanted to give that info out in the first place you would've put it before "She is trained and had her first year shots. She comes with a large dog house, leash, clothes." part.
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:43 AM   #5
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

You should probably just drop the dog off at the Vancouver Animal Shelter. Allow the experts to decide who a true dog lover is. Don't worry, they operate on a no kill policy.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #6

i dont want her to be caged and scared that no one will come for her.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranswer View Post
You should probably just drop the dog off at the Vancouver Animal Shelter. Allow the experts to decide who a true dog lover is. Don't worry, they operate on a no kill policy.
isnt there a termination policy if unwanted for 3 months or something?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post
^ if you wanted to give that info out in the first place you would've put it before "She is trained and had her first year shots. She comes with a large dog house, leash, clothes." part.
So what if she got hit by a car... does that really matter? beside the fact she needs more attention and care and daily checkups...

let the guy find a good home for the dog.

brown parents, "FIVE COWS?! HAVE YOU GONE COO KOO? five cows... noo to much... two cows."

Go WINGS GO 1997,1998,2002 & 2008

#2 #5 #13 #14 #16 #19 #30 #40 #91
Philly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:07 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly74 View Post
So what if she got hit by a car... does that really matter? beside the fact she needs more attention and care and daily checkups...

Are you stupid? You don't think that the person who decides to take in this dog should know that the dog was hit by a car? Do you realize that an injury like this could lead to some long term problem that could require surgery? Do you know how much health care for a dog can cost? Think before you talk next time, idiot.

Last edited by Kang19; 03-22-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #10
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by distanc3 View Post
isnt there a termination policy if unwanted for 3 months or something?
http://vancouver.ca/commsvcs/licandi...roadoption.htm
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang19 View Post
Are you stupid? You don't think that the person who decides to take in this dog should know that the dog was hit by a car? Do you realize that an injury like this could lead to some long term problem that could require surgery? Do you know how much health care for a dog can cost? Think before you talk next time, idiot.
ty
Old 03-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #12
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang19 View Post
well then maybe you shouldn't be getting a dog the first place...

brown parents, "FIVE COWS?! HAVE YOU GONE COO KOO? five cows... noo to much... two cows."

Go WINGS GO 1997,1998,2002 & 2008

#2 #5 #13 #14 #16 #19 #30 #40 #91
Philly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Yeah, well maybe you should tell that to the person who originally got the dog, was careless enough to allow the dog to get in a position in which she gets hit by a car, and then wants to get rid of the dog.

BTW, you're still an idiot. I shouldn't be getting a dog because I don't want to get a potentially injured dog? That might be the most retarded thing i've read on these forums...
Old 03-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #14
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
LOL

spoken like a 15 yr old know it all who hasn't paid a single bill in his life. it's no different then how some dogs are predisposed to certain problems. but knowing about them ahead of time lets you do things to help prevent or minimize the problems instead of just finding out 1 day that your dog is fucked and now needs thousands of dollars in surgery.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:

Would you buy a car knowing that it has been in several major accidents or a car that requires a timing belt change and broken transmission. You won't even want that car even if it was free to take. The new owner has the right to know the health history about the dog in question here.

Thanks to the person who caught this thread and gave potential buyers headsup about the injury. It was not mentioned by OP on purpose.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
VLS Pet Forum Mod

To the OP. I don't know if you've contacted any rescue groups and notified them of your situation. Groups like this have screening programs and work hard to find the right family for each individual animal. Be upfront on any past or up and coming health concerns as this will help them find a suitable home.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #17

its an adoption, u aint buying anything, no one is putting a price tag on my dog, anyway she's gone to a new home now.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

If you don't have much money, would you take responsibility for a living thing even if it's free to do so, knowing that their is a larger than average possibility that the dog could need some future serious health care. Probably not, because you probably can't afford it, and now you are stuck with a dog on your hands that needs surgery for thousands of dollars. Now you try to sell your dog, but can't, because nobody else wants to spend thousands of dollars on getting a dog who needs surgery. So now you are stuck, you can either somehow find a way to afford this (making times incredibly difficult for yourself), let the dog live through excruciating pain, or save the dog from the pain and have it put down.

Do you understand now?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #19

^yes she WAS in a accident, i paid for surgery already. she's a perfectly fine dog. New owner wouldn't have to pay for anything other than feeding her just like any other dog. if that bothers u, i doubt u love dogs as a companion, u make it sound like they're items. this aint no car, where u do your maintenance ever so often or a crashed bumper that needs to be replaced, its a dog.... a friend and family member possibly? if u worry so much about money then ppl like u shouldnt have pets coz it sounds like somewhere down the line if your pet gets sick u'll just abandon it due to financial problems eh?

Last edited by Shead; 04-06-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shead View Post
Hi everyone, i have a 10month old coon hound that is need of a good home. She is trained and had her first year shots. She comes with a large dog house, leash, clothes. The reason i need to give her away are family issues, if i could i would really want to keep her. She is just the sweestest dog ever! I hope a loving and caring family can take her and give her a better home than i can. Please email me at bdrums_85@hotmail.com and dont hesitate to ask any questions.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8885/bellax.jpg
Quote:
^yes she WAS in a accident, i paid for surgery already. she's a perfectly fine dog. New owner wouldn't have to pay for anything other than feeding her just like any other dog. if that bothers u, i doubt u love dogs as a companion, u make it sound like they're items. this aint no car, where u do your maintenance ever so often or a crashed bumper that needs to be replaced, its a dog.... a friend and family member possibly? if u worry so much about money then ppl like u shouldnt have pets coz it sounds like somewhere down the line if your pet gets sick u'll just abandon it due to financial problems eh?
so you're giving away your ' family member ' due to family problems?
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
LMFAO, I don't have financial problems. However if I did, I still wouldn't abandon my dog. I would just make sure I don't get a dog that is more likely to have issues down the line. I do have a dog BTW, and I'm pretty damn sure I make a much a better owner than you do. At least I'm not trying to get rid of him. So say what you want about my love for pets, but I'm not the one giving away my family member because of family issues. You're pathetic.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #22

well u actually dont know my situation. a dog with a broken leg doesn't mean its going to have health issue in the future, unless you a vet then ill agree with u. i dont even know why u're in my threat trying to bash on me when im trying to find my dog a new owner. if u love the dog, that's all there is to it, u wouldn't care about those health issue somewhere down the future because every dog going to have some kind of issue when they're old. quit your babling about being a better owner than anyone, u dont even know me nor have u seen me raise my dog. you're actually pathetic man, coming to this threat trying to start shit, like seriously u wanna do in the pet thread. get a life man
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Look at yourself, getting so worked up that you can't even speak English properly anymore. It's common sense that if someone has suffered from a broken ankle, they are more likely than those who haven't suffered from a broken ankle to have issues with it down the line...

The point is, you're trying to get rid of this dog, and failed to mention in your post that the dog was hit by the car. Please explain why you "dont think that should be factor if u're an actual dog lover", but the fact that you are giving a "large dog house, leash, and clothes" would be a factor?

Last edited by Kang19; 04-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #24

Bravo Kang, u got the last laugh. Arn't u the better dog owner eh?
Old 04-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Bravo Kang, u got the last laugh. Arn't u the better dog owner eh?
You didn't answer my question.