REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #51
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I agree w/ Joan, Clint is really making a conscious effort in changing. Jesse came off way too strong, and completely the wrong way. I think Jesse is one of those guys who would give 150%, and then be ready and willing to give an additional 1000% if needed. There's criticism, and then there's constructive criticism. I find it ironic that Jesse said he works w/ professionals, yet he showed such an unprofessional attitute towards Clint with his remarks. Jesse could've laid down positive, constructive dialogue at any time - but he didn't, and instead became a negative force on the team.

I really think Annie needs a lesson in humility. Maybe the writers and directors are purposely characterizing her as this black widow, manipulative bitch to make the show more interesting - I could only hope for her sake, Annie isn't like that IRL. However, if this isn't the case, I really believe Annie needs to go down.

Some people may have thought that Melissa over-reacted in the end. I think it was justified. We saw it coming from far away, in episodes past where Melissa voiced her displeasure with Annie and her manipulative, double-crossing methods.

It's great to see Brande has some attitude in her. In fact, I would've liked to see more of it, because I think she really hasn't proven herself as a leader or a fighter. She's giving the impression that she's far too wholesome and timid, and those aren't strengths in a competition like this. That may be her personality, but she shouldn't be showing those colors so much as the other parts of her personality that can be helpful to her.

BTW, what Joan said about poker players and how she's been around them from 40 years. Like it or not, that's a powerful statement from Joan. She's definitely had the experience and reputation, so a remark like that coming from her isn't just an idle insult, it's got to make you think there's truth behind it.
I agree with you on Jesse James in which he should of had more constructive criticism instead of acting like a baby by not helping and only saying it sucks and Clint was a moron. I don't agree with you about Annie though. The way the show portrays it, Annie hasn't done any manipulative work. Sure her character is quite strong and she wants to display her work and make it known it is her work, almost like as if she was a single child seeking attention, but the work she does IS effective and DOES help her team. Her ideas and her research has never cost the team, and she does work hard albiet she is like a lone ranger and will do everything and make sure everyone knows she is doing everything so she wont get fired. In one episode, she said Brandee was weak and had to go, but then the next task Brandee DID step up, so of course if the weak link improves, then fire or target the new weak link.

For this task, Melissa did work hard, she did do everything that was asked of her. Melissa, annoying as she is, for this task was just a drone and did it well. I believe it was Brandee's fault and should of been fired, but I guess Brandee has a lot of fire in her which kept her from being fired. The justification for Melissa's firing was about the future fundraising, as you can see, Trump never really fired her for the current task, more for what she can do in the upcoming ones.

Joan has gone way to personal and just like her daughter, too emotional. Comparing Annie to Hitler and saying "I dont want to insult Hitler" is not needed. Joan is an old hag and her and her daughter probably still sleep in the same room together. If you really want to give Joan credit about what she said about poker players because she has 40 years experience with them, would you also take the same credit as comparing Annie to be worse than Hitler?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #52
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

So Annie and Joan final 2, I hope Annie wins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

oh man.. the look on her face right before she got fired..
what a slap in the face...
hahahahhaha
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #54
I don't get it

Fuck Annie Duke. She only plays tourneys. Real players play the Big Game at the Bellagio.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote