REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 03-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Chris Cornell - Scream

Quote:
Billboard reported that Scream shows Cornell moving "in a much more R&B-oriented direction, with busy drum machine beats, buffed-up chorus vocals and string samples filling the nooks and crannies", comparing it to Gnarls Barkley and less that of "the guitar-driven music of Cornell's past with Soundgarden and Audioslave". Despite the controversy caused by teaming up with Timbaland, Cornell insisted that he still played an integral part of the album's creation and didn't do what "[Timbaland] told me to do", further noting that they "didn't really have that relationship" and "it wasn't that type of a process. It was more, he would bring in a beat, an idea, I would write to it and sing it, and we would move on kind of to the next thing."

Describing the album as a whole, Cornell compared it to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon and Queen's A Night at the Opera, citing the psychedelic elements that Timbaland brought into the production.
1 Part Of Me
2 Time
3 Sweet Revenge
4 Get Up
5 Ground Zero
6 Never Far Away
7 Take Me Alive
8 Long Gone
9 Scream
10 Enemy
11 Other Side of Town
12 Climbing Up the Walls
13 Watch Out

I'm really feeling this album..
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #2

ps.. if you got surround sound and a receiver with pro logic II just sit back and crank it. Not many albums give such a feel of "being in the center" of the sound.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

A sign of the times when he buys an crappy Epiphone guitar to smash instead of a real Gibson.

I've had my doubts about this ever since he announced this new direction but Chris Cornell is awesome and will blindly support anything he does even if his voice isn't as good as it used to be.
no quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #4
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Different but I've been listening to the album for the last hour and I'm starting to like it. I also downloaded the LMFAO remix of "part of me" which is quite good if you like house/electro.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #5

I havent gone a week without listening to this cd. I just keep liking it more and more.