REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Engine Restoration 95 Dodge Stealth

Hi!

I have a buddy who got a 95 stealth twin turbo (ie Mitsubishi 3000 GT) and he wants to restore it. It was in his back yard for 6 months and when we opened the hood to put in the battery, we discovered a family of rats staring straight at us. Anyhow, the car smells like shit and we don't know what electrical has been chewed up. We would like a rputable shop that can service this car:

Clean out the engine and rats
restore seals as required
polish parts for show quality
tune up the engine as neccesary.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Advertisement

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Not a mod

Ive got a Stealth myself so I should warn you that your friend will be spending shit loads of cash to restore his car. If you get a dealer to tune it up, expect the bill to run to a minimum of 1500$ to 2000$. I wish you guys well but be prepared for a massive bill.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You might want take out the car battery, get an industrial power washer and just spray the engine bay.. and clean it with a lot of soap and water.

Since you are going to restore it anyways.. and rats can carry a multitude of diseases, which you really don't want to get. Clean.. then evaluate.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I recommend going to GT Racing in Surrey. Family-owned shop that is capable of servicing the 3S platform. Google for their website and you can call John for price quotes.
Meltdown-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Good ideas all!. Will the electrical wiring get affected if I spray down the bay?

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
That's why remove the battery first.. at this stage you don't know if any wire harness shorts anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
Good ideas all!. Will the electrical wiring get affected if I spray down the bay?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote