REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Sometimes Cheap Tools can be fun.

This kinda strays away from the cars for a min to reflect on Tools. I am not a rich mechanic with the "Snap-On" truck on speed dial. However, I do understand the value of good quality tools, hence why most of my stuff is Canadian Craftsman, MasterCraft Pro Series, Husky and Dewalt. However there are some times, when just need a few things for a project NOW, little odds and ends. There is a place in Surrey called Bionca's Liquidation World. 1/2 of there stuff is Tools, 1/4 is Electronics and 1/4 is Household Stuff. Everything from cheap $20 Air tools, to trailer Parts. I went in there today to browse around for a few odds and ends.

Well this is what I came out with. That entire pile Gloves and needle nose pliers included came to a grand total of $21 bucks.

Gloves $5
Tape Measure 6ft AutoLock $1
Wire Brush Wooden Handle $1
Hose clamps, in Kit were $4
12pc Hos Clamp Set was $2
Wire wheel and wire drums, $1 each. (4 in total) $4
Cool Needle Nose Pliers, $4
Super Glue .50 cents

I had some serious fun with this. Its stamped Max Speed 4500 rpms. I figure whats the worst that will happen, it might fly apart and explode the wires. So I chuck it into a 24,000 RPM Air Die Grinder. (Insert Tim Taylor Power Grunt)

Remember that 4500rpm wire drum, it met my 24,000 rpm die grinder. And it Didn't blow up. Stretched a fair bit though, http://captfiero.com/85gtre...h/airgrinderwire.AVI If the video won't open, pop over to http://captfiero.com/85gtrebuildpics/March5th and manually save the airgrinderwire video to your computer and watch it.

So the Record, it worked perfect was able to remove all the rust spots on the under carriage and I sprayed Trem Clad all over everything. (see the last page of my build thread in my sig)
Advertisement
CaptFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Circle Stick Square Mod

yeah sometimes cheap tools work best. if you need to. you can always modify it too

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote