REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 03-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thinking heading down to LA sometimes this year

1)When is it the best time to go down there ($ flight ticket wise)
I want to see some SUN, and no rain..but not too hot like during the summer time

2)any places you guys recommand i can get a best deal for flight ? I am planning to visit a friend there, so accommdation is not a problem

3) how much is the round trip ticket usualy cost ?
Advertisement
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
It rains mostly in December so you're safe. Tickets are pretty much the same throughout the year. Best deals for flights is via Virgin America if flying out of Seattle. They're all the same from Vancouver.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

^ do you think $300 bucks would seal the deal if i fly from seattle ROUND TRIP TICKET?
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I've done that many times taxes in so yes. Infact, I'm heading down there first week of April.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Virgin is nice. Another option is Allegiant out of Bellingham. They fly to LA now. You can probably get a return flight for under $300 with them too. I went in December and it was not too bad. It's a little bit cold, but defintely nowhere near as cold as Vancouver in winter.

As nice as the weather is, I don't think I could stay there for any extended period of time just because of the traffic...the traffic would just drive me nuts...
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Check out Southwest airlines as well because you have a few choices of airports in the LA area (Burbank (good if your chilling in the Hollywood area), LAX, Santa Ana (prefect if you're visiting Disneyland) and Ontario) and if you're lucky you could find some fares for $59 each way.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #7
I don't get it

I went with Air Canada last year. They had a promotion going on and tickets were about $300 tax included.
I went on the last week of April...the weather was really nice. (there was ONE hot day...but all the other days were at very comfortable temperatures)
Minata is offline   Reply With Quote