REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Investing in Netflix?

http://www.google.ca/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:NFLX

Curious on what people opinions are with investing in Netflix. It took a couple years before it started to profit, but now that it is, and with stores like Blockbuster on the brink of bankruptcy and Netflix allowing streaming movies right to your home, and their connection with xbox im curious to see what others think of it.
Advertisement
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Personally in my opinion, in the age of rapidly changing technology. Stocks like this are very risky in the long term.

No one knows whats going to happen to pirating laws (Apparently theres a big battle going on with piratebay.org) that could change the whole landscape of this business, the types of media its played on cd, dvd, blueray, streaming and how long this type of technology lasts before its outdated

As a short term play, especially once the economy starts picking up again i can see them making money, but no one knows what how long its going to last for and what kind of competitors can enter their market.
vl_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
PNF
I bringith the lowerballerith

I would invest just a little bit to diversify my portfolio....

Its a tech company with low barriar of entry and broad competitors from multiple industries!

So.. I wouldnt bet too much

Where All Lusts began....

08' AW E92 335i a few mods.....

01' SBM IS300 - Stock. Still running strong after 9+ years and 235k+ kms!!!
PNF is offline   Reply With Quote