REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Impact Gun

i want to get a impact gun but at a reasonable price

any recommendations on brand and place to get it?
Advertisement
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

ingersoll rand at KMS tools? i think they're not too expensive, theres a $200 1/2" gun listed on their site, though i've never tried that one. i have a mac 1/2" but i use a ingersoll rand 3/8" gun and that little thing is light and really powerful! i was undoing bell housing bolts for a transmission with it today hahah
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts
They had one on sale at Canadian Tire several days ago for $49.99 down from something like $130, not sure if the sale's still on though.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

ingersol rand 2135QTi is my gun of choice.. it's very quiet, and very powerful... and if it's well maintained, it'll last an automotive technician 5+ years of daily heavy use...

that being said... not everybody wants to spend $350 for an impact gun they're only gonna use one or twice a month...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #5

My buddy's dad who's a mechanic says ingersol is one of the best if not the best

i'll see if Canadian Tire still has that impact gun.

i'll probably be getting a 1/2".

thanks for the advice so far i'll keep posted.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Are you looking for a cordless or air-driven gun? Ingersol is good, but $$$. My favourite brand for cordless is Makita's Li-Ion guns. They're usually pretty expensive as well, but will occasionally go on sale at KMS for decent prices.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #7

i should have been more specific

i want a air driven one that can do tire rotations and take off suspension bits.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
Tech Team Mod

I have a 2135QTiMax 1/2" drive.

It is just so awesom to use. Quiet and will take any bolt off provided you have the enough air.

Here is a link" http://www.irtools.com/IS/product.aspx-en-28765

I got mine from KMS. I got it on sale over a year ago for $299.99.

I also use their air ratches.
Rated B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I have both the 1/2" and 3/8" IR titanium guns. Abuse it everyday for the last 4 years and finally the trigger broke on my 1/2". Bought the trigger repair kit for $30, rebuilt it, and now it's back stronger than ever. For occasional home use though I think it's overkill and money can be spent better elsewhere. You can get the cheaper IR gun with the aluminum body for less than $150 and it's very durable.
blacK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

i got the 2135Ti 1/2".. very nice gun, but i bought it not on sale. right now the 2135Qti(Q=quiet) is on sale at KMS for $300. check it out.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I have the 2135QTI and 2115QTI. By far one of my favourite guns ive ever used, and probably the best in the shop. Couple of the techs have the Snap on equivilant, its loud and heavy though.

The best thing about the 2135/2115, is how easy they are to take apart. My freind has had his for almost 5 years and it finally got weak, so we took it apart and cleaned it all out and its as good as new again. Youd be surprised how much dirt/oil was in it.