REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 03-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Where to get knives sharpened?

Hey where else other than House of Knives can anyone reccomend to sharpen some kitchen knives? Is there anywhere that can have it done same day as dropped off?
Advertisement
dhawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Is there any reason why you can't sharpen them yourself?
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #3

yes because I dont have a whetstone or a sharpening device? Hmmm lets think, ah yes if I could sharpen it myself, I wouldnt start a thread asking where to get it sharpened? I also want it professionally done, you can fuck up your own knives trying to sharpen them.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrsx1979 View Post
Is there any reason why you can't sharpen them yourself?
OP: to tell you the truth, i know you might think we are smart asses, but it's truly better to do it urself. it's not hard.
unless you have multiple expensive knifes, i really wouldn't bother getting it professionally done. Now if u're a chef with 10 knifes and recreational cook at home and also use them .. then yeah.

not sure if you'll be happy to pay big bucks to sharping 1-2 knifes..
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

just buy a sharpening wheel if ur to afraid to wreck ur knives. worth the money and much simpler.
bd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

agreed. there is no reason to go get your knives professionally done unless you were using it to hack at rocks on the beach and need a new edge put on.

if it's a dollar store knife, buy a new one. it'd be cheaper than going out to do it.

if it's an expensive wurstof or global ceramic or something...well...you have no need for these knives if you don't even own a stone period.

That being said, if you really want it done fast (2mins) and cheap...any machine shop can do it for you. I suggest 3vets.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #7

haha theyre inbetween dollar store knives and henckels. Unless im mis informed it only costs 5-10$ to get it sharpened? This would be the first time in a year sharpening them, so unless I got the cost wrong, I dont see it as being expensive. Thanks for the reply though, 3vets is a good store.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
HELP ME PLS!!!

5-10bucks, but unless you only cook 2-3x a month, you'll be spending the 5-10bucks a knife each month. pretty soon, they'll you'll be spending more on sharpening than the knives themselves.

a steel is cheap. a diamond stone might be a lil more, but lasts almost FOREVER!
my dad still has his diamond disc brick (size of your hand with fingers stretched) from 20yrs ago.

--
I just realized you said it's the first time in a year. which means you prolly dont use it very often...or you're only using it to cut open tv dinners. either way, something doesnt add up.

so for your case, if you're only going to be sharpening them once a year, sure why not. get em done for $10bucks. hell...at that frequency, even $50 a pop would be considered cheap.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Step 1: Feel neck for juglar
Step 2: Using sharp side of knife, slice juglar. Use strong, swift force.
Step 3: Your knife is now 100% sharper.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote