REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

"Do I have the right to know who assaulted me?"

Long story short, a friend of mine got mugged and they managed to catch one of the 2 girls that did the mugging. She was officially charged with robbery and will probably be doing time. My friend, as a victim, does she have the right to know the name of the guilty party? Thanks.
Advertisement

Last edited by flameboy54; 03-11-2009 at 03:29 PM.
flameboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Except in the case of a young person, when a charge is laid against that person, the Information that is laid is no longer private, unless perhaps there is ongoing investigation for more suspects. To get the info from the Information, there is a process to follow to get it. I'm not sure why your friend hasn't been told what the accused's name is, but perhaps she should contact crown counsel and ask?
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 4,079 Times in 295 Posts
your friend might have to do a photo pack (photo lineup) to pick out the person that mugged her so they may not disclose the name of the person yet.
socialenemy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Best thing to do is contact the RCMP and ask them for the information. I know in cases of civil suits (ie. suing for damages) upon getting an order from the court they release the information, but I've also seen situations where the RCMP releases names of persons involved when given adequate reasoning.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

If precedent is anything... the victim has no rights. It's the criminals who get all the rights...