REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Farewell, Palm OS Old Buddy...

Since the good ol' Palm OS is now mandated into retirement, the Hong Kong Palm User Group decided to throw it a farewell party...

...with practically every single Palm OS device ever made. Sonys, watches, smartphones, everything. I've always had a soft spot for Palm and Palm hacking (LifeDrive CompactFlash mod anyone? ), as well as owning quite a few in my time. Bye bye Palm OS, hello webOS.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...arewell-party/

Which ones have you owned?

Advertisement

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Still using my TX. It works well at the office, as the wifi connection can grab my email and meetings off the exchange server. One day, I'll finally finish Bejeweled.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I always wished I had a Treo 650 since it looked so cool when Jack Bauer was using it to take down terrorists.

I came close to buying the PalmOS Fossil wrist watch, but opted for Fossil's MSN Direct watch at the time.

I was also close to buying a TX but bought the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet instead since it had a higher res screen.

Right now I'm using an iPhone but you better believe I'm switching to the Palm Pre when it comes out on GSM networks.

jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #4

My started me off with a Zire 31, which was a university-entrance gift lol

Then I made my first eBay purchase ever, a Tungsten T3. I forget the order, but I've had a TX, a LifeDrive with the CF mod, the m515, Zire 72s, Tungsten E2, a bunch of Treo 650s (including the Black Tie edition at one point), a Treo 680, 750v, 750c, 700w and Handspring Visor Deluxe.

I've sold them all except my original Zire 31, and the Visor Deluxe. I've also put the webOS skin on my Zire ahahah

(yes I love Palm lol)

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i had a sony clie. it never worked right! hahaha

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #6

The Clié VZ90 was nuts, the last Clié. OLED screen lol

RS Feedback (46-0-0)