REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   I hate washing my feet in the shower (https://www.revscene.net/forums/567891-i-hate-washing-my-feet-shower.html)

AsBannedAsItGets 03-12-2009 02:40 PM

I hate washing my feet in the shower

So I've never really had much enthusiasm when it comes to washing my feet.
A couple reasons being is I'm sorta tall so when I bend down to get at my toes it can put a bit of a strain on my back. Reason two is the fact I'm always worried about slipping in the shower because I don't have one of those non slipping surfaces so in effect soap + bathtub = black ice :eek:

I noticed when I was clipping my toe nails that my toes were really filthy, dry and had what appeared to be small bumps. Could this be a fungus? I'm kind of shitting bricks here cause its really nasty looking. I guess I should start washing my feet more often hrmphhh :(

Ducdesmo 03-12-2009 03:23 PM

I usually use my feet to wash my feet..it seems to work fine.

twitchyzero 03-12-2009 04:26 PM

that depends how often you're changing your socks too. If your feet sweats quite a bit like mine, you need to be changing it more frequently i guess

Trinity 03-13-2009 08:27 AM

...Why not try washing your feet first before freaking out?

hal0g0dv2 03-13-2009 10:22 AM

sit on the edge of the bath tub b4 having a shower, my feet sweat a lot so i change my socks up a bit, and ya im 6'6 it is hard to bend down and flip your foot up so u can hold it and wash

AsBannedAsItGets 03-13-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 6327070)
...Why not try washing your feet first before freaking out?

Well thats a good idea but because I haven't washed my feet for god knows how long I don't think washing it now will do any good. Its not as simple as removing the normal dirt and stuff but it seems to me like I maybe have a fungus or something cause the texture is not normal.
I thought the lather from my soap trickling down to my feet would suffice, apparently I was mistaken.

woozzle 03-13-2009 03:57 PM

f doing it in the bathtub is hard, why not pull your feet up to the sink and wash it there?

albert116 03-13-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6327656)
Well thats a good idea but because I haven't washed my feet for god knows how long I don't think washing it now will do any good. Its not as simple as removing the normal dirt and stuff but it seems to me like I maybe have a fungus or something cause the texture is not normal.
I thought the lather from my soap trickling down to my feet would suffice, apparently I was mistaken.

well it still doesn't hurt to wash it daily. like other mentioned sit down at the side of the tub to wash it (instead of washing it while taking a shower).

You should probably also consult a doctor ...seems like your feet have developed some kind of condition.

twitchyzero 03-13-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

I haven't washed my feet for god knows how long I don't think washing it now will do any good. Its not as simple as removing the normal dirt and stuff but it seems to me like I maybe have a fungus

Says who? What makes you think it wont get any better by washing it? Even if it's not true, at least it prevents your problems from escalating.

AsBannedAsItGets 03-14-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 6328004)
Says who? What makes you think it wont get any better by washing it? Even if it's not true, at least it prevents your problems from escalating.

Well I tried scrubbing with a loofa and it didn't do diddly squat. I've been researching around and I'll probably buy some vinegar and let my feet soak in it and see how that goes. I really don't want to go to my GP unless I really have to. Doctors make me paranoid for some reason. :cry:

mpr 03-14-2009 07:45 AM

go get a pedicure.

:haha:

syee 03-14-2009 08:58 AM

If you're in a bathtub, why not SIT in the tub, fill it up with a bit of water and scrub your feet. If you're sitting, you can't really fall...

You could also try scrub with a pumice stone. It could be just some dead skin that you need to remove.

What's wrong with going to see the doc? What is it about them that scares you? They're there to help - they're not going to put you under and cut out your internal organs when you go visit them. They need repeat customers to make money ya know. :D

AsBannedAsItGets 03-15-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syee (Post 6328498)
If you're in a bathtub, why not SIT in the tub, fill it up with a bit of water and scrub your feet. If you're sitting, you can't really fall...

You could also try scrub with a pumice stone. It could be just some dead skin that you need to remove.

What's wrong with going to see the doc? What is it about them that scares you? They're there to help - they're not going to put you under and cut out your internal organs when you go visit them. They need repeat customers to make money ya know. :D

True that! I just have a hard time cause my tub is really small. I got one of those showers that has the removable doors so I can't really sit on the ledge.
My legs are really long so that doesn't help cause its like I'm contorting my body playing twister. Its very uncomfortable.

Don't like doctors. Some people fear heights, spiders, public speaking mine are doctors and hospitals.

twitchyzero 03-15-2009 07:02 PM

^White-coat syndrome

JSALES 03-15-2009 07:52 PM

get those chairs that old people use in the shower so they can sit down?

muteki 03-15-2009 09:14 PM

Are you going to start washing your feet now?
That's pretty gross and unsanitary.

domesticdiva 03-15-2009 11:42 PM

Wow, this is gross.

Harvey Specter 03-16-2009 05:57 PM

Shit man, I don't just wash my feet twice a day I even cut my toe tails every 3-4 days. You need to get in the habit of keeping your feet clean because my cousin also doesn't wash his feet and he had to get his toe nail pulled because it got infected which is very painful. I can't understand how his GF can stick around with him, the guy stinks like shit and I always bug him and ask him if he remembers to wash his ass or if he skips that as well.

Marco911 03-16-2009 07:48 PM

It depends if you genetically have sweaty, stinky feet. Fortunately, my feet and palms don't sweat very much (in fact they are so dry, finger print sensors have problems reading them), so my feet and shoes never smell.

wasabisashimi 03-30-2009 12:25 PM

grey/yellowish deformed toe nails = fungal toe.

Avoid sugar, change sockes often to reduce moisture. ventilate the feet when not walking. Take shower with Significant other (such as gf or bf), ask them to get down there and scrub it for you. Or get a stool so you can sit and bend over yourself.

Buy: citrucidal drops ( or grapefruit seed extract). and it 3 times a day according to the lable. Probably about 10-20 drops each time

AsBannedAsItGets 03-30-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 6355684)
Buy: citrucidal drops ( or grapefruit seed extract). and it 3 times a day according to the lable. Probably about 10-20 drops each time

Can I get that at london drugs or pharmacy?
Or I could just buy grapefruit and just extract the juice using a squeezer??
Nonetheless, your info was very insightful.

wasabisashimi 03-30-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6355792)
Can I get that at london drugs or pharmacy?
Or I could just buy grapefruit and just extract the juice using a squeezer??
Nonetheless, your info was very insightful.

You need grapefruit seed extract, not the juice. You won't be able to reproduce the dosage and strength by buying your own grapefruit and juicer

i'd say health food store will have it, probably about 10bux. I must warn you it taste extremely pungent. Try mixing them in Orange juice...

btw, while you are there, pick up some teatree oil. use it to wash your toe nails.

Trinity 03-30-2009 02:35 PM

I still suggest giving your feet a nice soak and then a scrub.

LC21 03-30-2009 07:26 PM

fungus + 1.
Start scrubbing it HARD. Get a bucket in there and just sit down and sCRUB

325ist 03-30-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

That is so funny I have the exact same thing going on and I though the same way as you. When I wash my feet really good like twice a week it goes away(even though I shower every day) I think it is fungus