REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 04-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #76
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
what's Pop Opera like? where is it?
Pop Opera is the old 686 on Hastings and Granville?? Not 100% on the address. I've never been there but I'll be going there for my first time on Sunday. Long weekend party it's a house music night!
Advertisement
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #77
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Yes Pop Opera is on 686 West Hastings Street
aznhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #78
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lamplighter FTW

was expection it to be some shitty pub....turned out to be awesome

the dj was playing old school (and not old school rap etc but like the stuff you parents listened to lol) and it was awesome all night
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #79
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

is mint the best place for a white 20yo to get with hot white washed azns?
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #80
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

No love for the Royal? My friends and I practically lived there during my undergrad. they play a variety of music throughout the night to get everyone on the dancefloor at some point. The crowd is a good mix but i'd say mostly white people (and none of those north burnaby guido beach people either).
Ax2-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #81
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
The Roxy. There's a reason why it's impossible to get into on the weekends.

Thursday nights at The Roxy are your best bet - you can get in around 10:30, but the place is pretty busy around midnight until 2.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #82
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
wow, i am so freaking old.
i can't go to ATL / BOSS no more acuse i can't pick up anymore youngins no more.
fabric = all asians / taiwanese people. cute girls, but they expect to pick up F4 type guys... ahahaha
lamplighter is ... unique. it's old school music, so if u're into hip hop, it's not for you.
pop opera / 686 / luces (yeah, i'm that old..) mehhhh
gossip, i LOVE it there, i picked up so many girls there, the place is big which is hard to make it fun. their FOAM party was fun.
Caprice. i gave up. line up, vip is just gay ass to the max
royal / roxy are both rock, punk etc.. not my crowd
celeb is fun cause its friendly, but many homo fobics are scared to go inside. I do now know how sad it is for girls when guys grab their asses. I got my ass slapped on so many times.modern is ok.. not my place, everyone is snoby.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #83
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by classified View Post
is mint the best place for a white 20yo to get with hot white washed azns?
probably not man...last time i went there it was mostly fobs...there are hot girls there but not sure if there into guys other than those korean gangsters hahaha
Timewav3zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #84
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

So where's the best place in the city to go for Hip Hop music?
BaBiE_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #85
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
wow, i am so freaking old.
i can't go to ATL / BOSS no more acuse i can't pick up anymore youngins no more.
fabric = all asians / taiwanese people. cute girls, but they expect to pick up F4 type guys... ahahaha
lamplighter is ... unique. it's old school music, so if u're into hip hop, it's not for you.
pop opera / 686 / luces (yeah, i'm that old..) mehhhh
gossip, i LOVE it there, i picked up so many girls there, the place is big which is hard to make it fun. their FOAM party was fun.
Caprice. i gave up. line up, vip is just gay ass to the max
royal / roxy are both rock, punk etc.. not my crowd
celeb is fun cause its friendly, but many homo fobics are scared to go inside. I do now know how sad it is for girls when guys grab their asses. I got my ass slapped on so many times.modern is ok.. not my place, everyone is snoby.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #86
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3cial_K View Post
^ isn't cecils a strip club?

that would be crazy if you could dance with some strippers. but then their strippers are mediocore.
buddy booked the powder room in the vip of cecil for the 30th. ill tell ya how it is. if i can remember. lol
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #87
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBiE_Bee View Post
So where's the best place in the city to go for Hip Hop music?
shine or wild coyote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
shine or wild coyote
errrr.....yote? that place is a shithole....go to that place to find hiphop-thugs.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #89
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Another review i would like to give for tunnel and caprice.
Went to tunnel yesterday (friday) for a co-workers birthday and it was pretty dope. small but setup was nice. it was mostly asian and the music wasn't too bad. hip-hop, R&B, reggae, rap, old school all mixed up. service here was good the bartenders were on the ball fast and heard every order. One thing i didn't like about tunnel was there was alot of groups that sticked together and most of the single girls didn't want to dance with a guy. (question and rant at bottom)

But after couple hours me and a friend left and went to caprice. I must say i really like the crowd there. all mixed but the music is meh. Played mostly top 40 and little bit of techno here and there. Layout was nice, good service. Me and friend were a bit lucky to get in cause the people that were in front were fed up waiting then we were in front of the line and after 5min we were let in haha. this was around 2pm haha.

I have question for everyone, is it just me or does the girls in vancouver don't like to dance with guys, i'm not if your suppose to ask the girl or just grab them and dance cause done both and they didn't want to dance. (what i mean by "dance" grind or just 1on1 kind a thing) Prolly its just the type of crowd in each club?

Overall out of the three clubs i went to canvas, tunnel, caprice. Edit: i would take tunnel first. gotta love drink specials on wenesday and fridays
well more clubbing to do on the longweekend.
Enjoy!

Last edited by blackjack101; 06-03-2009 at 09:47 PM.
blackjack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack101 View Post
I have question for everyone, is it just me or does the girls in vancouver don't like to dance with guys, i'm not if your suppose to ask the girl or just grab them and dance cause done both and they didn't want to dance. (what i mean by "dance" grind or just 1on1 kind a thing) Prolly its just the type of crowd in each club?
its because usually those girls have bfs that are not far away or the girls are having a "girls nightout"...some are just snobby and stuck up.
Just keep moving along to the next girl...and if they keep rejecting you, then it maybe you're lacking skill....

vancouver has a tough crowd...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
errrr.....yote? that place is a shithole....go to that place to find hiphop-thugs.
the question was the best place for hip hop music, not which are the nicest clubs. both shine and yote are dives. the only reason they are still open is cause everybody knows they have the best hip hop music in town. lord knows there are some nights i hate shine. but its the only place that plays some types of music. Not a lot of options in the city.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
its because usually those girls have bfs that are not far away or the girls are having a "girls nightout"...some are just snobby and stuck up.
Just keep moving along to the next girl...and if they keep rejecting you, then it maybe you're lacking skill....

vancouver has a tough crowd...
also, and it sounds weird to say, but getting picked up can be hard and nerve wracking. guy should just try dancing on his own and let the girls approach him.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #93
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

boss baby ahah