REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #26
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Let's look at contractual law.

To make it simple, there must be intention and consideration (among other things) in order for a contract to be binding.

What is A getting in return fro lending money to B? From what I read, the court will not see an intention for entering into a contract since A is not getting anything in return apart from "love and affection". A contract like cannot be legally binding.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #27
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,069 Posts
put it in her bu.... wait..

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #28
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts
this is how u resolve disputes when it comes to money.
have two people (witness) and talk to person B and person A
have the contact in place with BLANKS ready to be filled in.

talk to B. I know we lend you 50K and we knwo you only returned 5 K right now. There are two choices, i can go to small claims court and sue you, your property and garnsh your bank (get all info from where he banks) / garnish salary, car, and result in bad credit.
tell him you do NOT want to go that route, you just want to get the money back and if you go thru claims court, he will have to pay lump sum + interest.

tell him you'll do this, he has 2 mths to come up with this or (a payment plan with posted cheques)if you don't get the amount back, you will have the small claims court filed (show him).

ask him how he will pay it back and when. tell him if he can pay you before 6 mth mark (or whatever) that he will get a discount just to get this resolved.

there are only two ways to solve these issues. scare the person / threaten them (and there aer X cop or debt hunters to do this for a flat rate) OR treat them as if you were in their pair of shoes. cause after all, no point in making them scared shittless if all they will do is just fled the country, you end up with nothing.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:40 AM   #29
wix
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
Let's look at contractual law.

To make it simple, there must be intention and consideration (among other things) in order for a contract to be binding.

What is A getting in return fro lending money to B? From what I read, the court will not see an intention for entering into a contract since A is not getting anything in return apart from "love and affection". A contract like cannot be legally binding.
QFT, usually, if you lend money to someone without asking for anything return, you should put in the contract that if you lend him, $1000, that you he will pay you $1001 in return. So the consideration requirement is satisfied.
wix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,278 Times in 826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
this is how u resolve disputes when it comes to money.
have two people (witness) and talk to person B and person A
have the contact in place with BLANKS ready to be filled in.

talk to B. I know we lend you 50K and we knwo you only returned 5 K right now. There are two choices, i can go to small claims court and sue you, your property and garnsh your bank (get all info from where he banks) / garnish salary, car, and result in bad credit.
tell him you do NOT want to go that route, you just want to get the money back and if you go thru claims court, he will have to pay lump sum + interest.

tell him you'll do this, he has 2 mths to come up with this or (a payment plan with posted cheques)if you don't get the amount back, you will have the small claims court filed (show him).

ask him how he will pay it back and when. tell him if he can pay you before 6 mth mark (or whatever) that he will get a discount just to get this resolved.

there are only two ways to solve these issues. scare the person / threaten them (and there aer X cop or debt hunters to do this for a flat rate) OR treat them as if you were in their pair of shoes. cause after all, no point in making them scared shittless if all they will do is just fled the country, you end up with nothing.
Unfortunatley you cannot squeeze a rock. Most people in this position have nothing, no money and no assets which is why they aren't paying the person back. You can sue them but again they have no money so even if you win you still lose.

The OP's friend broke rule number which is never lend friends money. This is why friends and money don't mix.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

id start repo'ing what he has @ his house ... start w/ TV
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #32
Tech Team Mod

I'd be pretty damned careful with "repo'ing" his possesions. You have no legally binding proof that he owes you any money. If you start stealing his shit, that could come back to you in a bad way. If he refuses to pay you're pretty much up shit creek unless you want to go all vigilante on him. In that case you could be even further up shit creek.

2001 BMW M Coupe - Laguna Seca Blue
2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
2003 Honda CBR 954RR
dubzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

What to do:

1) Don't go asking for legal advice on Revscene.
2) Pay the $156-$200 it costs to have an initial consultation with a lawyer since your friend already wasted $xx,xxx.

When you go to the lawyer they'll ask all the right questions to assess the situation, and find out what kind of recourse you have. It will be somewhat costly to chase after B but if he has assets (a house, a car etc) the friends might be able to squeeze something out of him or at least put a CPL on his house, and if the amount is over $25,000 it can be sought in Supreme Court where you can recover part-costs.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #34
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,659 Times in 843 Posts
Hire the RS beatdown crew to help you get the money back.
Mr.HappySilp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #35
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

k
if buddy is NOT going to actually return your money
break his legs
and make him pay you back regardless

ppl owe me money
i fucking put their word on the line
if i dont get my money back
one day
out of nowhere
im shooting them in the leg
fnguyen96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #36
Banned (BBM)

rape his friend

rape his gf, mom sis watever he has

kick his ass
kill him
smash his car

go to his house and demand for money

Last edited by Mugen EvOlutioN; 03-23-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!

judge judy!!
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #38
you
Banned (BBM)

no offense but A is a dumbass
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #39
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnguyen96 View Post
k
if buddy is NOT going to actually return your money
break his legs
and make him pay you back regardless

ppl owe me money
i fucking put their word on the line
if i dont get my money back
one day
out of nowhere
im shooting them in the leg
Such a G
MyPresIzBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:07 AM   #40
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPresIzBlack View Post
Such a G
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

UPDATE: So the check bounced that was given to (A)'s brother, when confronted about (B) said that oh his friends check must have bounced in his account thats why theres no money.

So Im probably gonna step out of this, because all the parties invovled are old enough and mature enough so they can deal iwth it themselves. If they dont take the initiative to do anything, thats their own problem. They can be stupid twice.

Thanks for all the replies and advice
dimsum119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #42
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

^^ hire some ppl on the streets(homelss) and pay them $10 and have them stab a needle that that they have used into B.

B will have fun with all the STD's/AIDS that he is get for the rest of his life.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #43
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If that fucking happened to me, I'd call it a write-off, and hire thugs to beat him down to the point that he's a para or quadraplegic.

Last edited by achiam; 04-01-2009 at 03:26 PM.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

update guys:

so after getting more information from (A) about (B), we fidn out they have no car, theyre renting a house, works a minimum paying job so basically SOL.

We thought abt taking (B) to small claims court, but I found out (B) is 99% sure dealing drugs on the side, so even if we win in court or sue his ass he can claim bankrupty or w/e pay back what the judge deems as acceptable from his minimum paying job and still live a very lavish lifestyle. so what to do?

(B) has nothign worth of value, so any other suggestions?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #45
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
If you want to screw B over, maybe you could give the cops an anonymous tip about B's extra-curricular activities?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #46
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
If you want to screw B over, maybe you could give the cops an anonymous tip about B's extra-curricular activities?
that is a good idea. Call crimestoppers and you could possibly get a reward
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

i think i will do just taht.

anyone think its a good idea to call him out and destroy his rep from his mutual and/or friends and his business partners/employers?

(B) is a semi well known dj around the lower mainland and djs at some events
Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #48
VLS Head Mod

^^ if he gets busted for being a dealer than obviously that means his rep with friends/family/business associates will be ruined. The only thing is if you do it you will be called a rat by anyone that figures out its you so you need to decide if being labeled that is worth getting a reward from crimestoppers.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

if hes a local dj.. i suggest going to the club or whatever... wait till hes off work and collect some $.. cuz they get paid in cash at the end of the night.. and for sure hes walking out that club w/ 200+ in his pocket..
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsum119 View Post
i think i will do just taht.

anyone think its a good idea to call him out and destroy his rep from his mutual and/or friends and his business partners/employers?

(B) is a semi well known dj around the lower mainland and djs at some events
Just do it!