REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Franchise?

Anyone know any good books that would give some good insight into opening a successful franchise?

My dad and I are thinking about partnering up and opening up a coffee shop. I know there a dime a dozen but we believe we may have a good location for one. He's had a somewhat successful construction company that he started from scratch 20 years ago but that was different as overhead was lower when it began and he had a lot of experience in the industry.

We both have experience running this business now ranging anywhere from 15-50 employees but this would be a different type of business so if anyone knows any good books that might be helpful I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

If you go to Chapters, there are I believe 2-3 magazines that are solely based about franchises in Canada. I cannot remember the names of the magazine, but they have the word franchise in it so I am sure they will be easy to spot. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 AM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
If you go to Chapters, there are I believe 2-3 magazines that are solely based about franchises in Canada. I cannot remember the names of the magazine, but they have the word franchise in it so I am sure they will be easy to spot. Good luck!
Thanks, I'll check that out and maybe I'll look for a book or two as well.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote