REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Interior Designer for H2

hey everyone,

Doing a project on the human need for luxurious/fast cars. I tried looking at Wikipedia as well as the Hummer website and didn't get any answers.

Apparently some psychologist/interior designer team developed the interior of the H2 to appeal to people; so they have an emotional/psychological connection to the vehicle. Anyone know more about this? Or where I could read up on it?

Any input is much appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Why would you pick H2 to begin with. Look for designers for Rolls Royce, Maybach, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or even Cadillac.

H2 has no place in this.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #3

It does, because H2 is probably THE WORST vehicle with regards to gas mileage. What other than the tax deductions are pulling people to this?

And the reason I bring up the H2 is because it was mentioned by my profs and apparently it was outsourced, not done by the design team employed by the manufacturer. As well there was a specific story/motive behind it... of which I am trying to uncover.

As I said, any feedback will be appreciated. I am already looking at those vehicles but I wanted some insight to this.

If you don't have useful feedback please refrain from shitting on the thread.

Many thanks.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

http://www.netcarshow.com/hummer/2008-h2/

That's just an overview which I'm assuming you've already found. Your best bet is to actually contact the design studio or the interior designer himself. You can also search up Car Styling magazine at libraries like Emily Carr and see if they've featured the Hummer design study in one of their periodicals.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
It does, because H2 is probably THE WORST vehicle with regards to gas mileage. What other than the tax deductions are pulling people to this?

And the reason I bring up the H2 is because it was mentioned by my profs and apparently it was outsourced, not done by the design team employed by the manufacturer. As well there was a specific story/motive behind it... of which I am trying to uncover.

As I said, any feedback will be appreciated. I am already looking at those vehicles but I wanted some insight to this.

If you don't have useful feedback please refrain from shitting on the thread.

Many thanks.
You, are, an idiot.

What does it being outsourced have anything to do with anything? Being mentioned by your prof doesn't mean anything - you DON'T want to take his case as your case because if more than one idiot in your class decides to take this topic "because prof mentioned it" you are going to have similar papers - that's never an advantage on your end.

H2 is a grossly dressed up Tahoe. People still bought them because they are insecure about certain reproduction part of themselves. To research into what made Hummer H2 comfortable is like researching into how Chrysler is profitable as a company entity.

You will be hard pressed into writing anything that don't make you look like an idiot.

But go ahead. I'm not going to respond to this anymore if you like to take people's advise as "shitting on your thread".

Old 03-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
It does, because H2 is probably THE WORST vehicle with regards to gas mileage.
if everyone cared about gas mileage, everyone would be driving a prius
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #7

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Look up the Pontiac Solstice interior designer. Don't get distracted by the pictures.

sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I don't think the interior of the H2 is what drives people to buy them. They buy them because they're attention-whores, and think a big vehicle with shiny wheels is gonna make them that much better than everyone else.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Banned (BBM)

or untouchable, a car u wont die in getting hit

becuz u weight like 4000 plus pounds and u are above everyone. so the person tat hits u will be underneath
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
or untouchable, a car u wont die in getting hit

becuz u weight like 4000 plus pounds and u are above everyone. so the person tat hits u will be underneath
+1

It's actually about the whole mentality about safety in the US. The bigger your car, the more safer it is. Do you realize how everyone drives aggressively in the states? Try driving in the highways of LA. You'll feel a lot safer inside a big SUV like everybody else.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Safety is an illusion, of course.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
hey everyone,

Doing a project on the human need for luxurious/fast cars. I tried looking at Wikipedia as well as the Hummer website and didn't get any answers.

Apparently some psychologist/interior designer team developed the interior of the H2 to appeal to people; so they have an emotional/psychological connection to the vehicle. Anyone know more about this? Or where I could read up on it?

Any input is much appreciated.

really???? bad when the H2 just came out i was all crazy for the car. than me and my buddies rented on for grad din. The interior looks like those toy cars made for toddlers. plastic EVERYWHERE. not to mention it rattled going over little bumps. To top it off we decide to take it for a little spin around town cause you know we had to show it off. we had to fill it up after a little excursion to Stanley park from richmond and it was so slow we end up being late, everybody was inside already and nobody saw our pimp ride. Wouldn't mind it being slow and a gas hogger and all if it had better interior. Ask u can guess i'm not a fan anymore. the inside is definately no where as pimp looking as the exterior, even that is debatable.

this was in an older model, I'm sure it has improve but most likely not by a big margin.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #14
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
i thought the thread title was inferior design for H2.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #15

Not to resurrect an old thread... I was on here looking for text books and saw an update for this in my User CP (I never come on RS anymore because it has gone so far downhill since I used to frequent).

I posted on other forums and got some valuable feedback, and incorporated most of it with Who Killed the Electric Car and some other resources.

HK20000, FYI, I got an A on the project and came out in the top of my class (an upper 300-level class with SFU at that). It was funny because when I made this post, I also made another one on GTRC and put a note saying I didn't know why I went to RS because I will likely get retarded responses; low and behold you were the first to respond.

Cheers all to anyone who actually thought before they spoke and gave me something valuable to use. I've given you all thanks accordingly.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #16
Banned (BBM)

6 months old thread

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,789 Times in 980 Posts
were you able to get anymore details about the interior designer and if it was infact designed by a psychologist?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Not to resurrect an old thread... I was on here looking for text books and saw an update for this in my User CP (I never come on RS anymore because it has gone so far downhill since I used to frequent).

I posted on other forums and got some valuable feedback, and incorporated most of it with Who Killed the Electric Car and some other resources.

HK20000, FYI, I got an A on the project and came out in the top of my class (an upper 300-level class with SFU at that). It was funny because when I made this post, I also made another one on GTRC and put a note saying I didn't know why I went to RS because I will likely get retarded responses; low and behold you were the first to respond.

Cheers all to anyone who actually thought before they spoke and gave me something valuable to use. I've given you all thanks accordingly.

Nice. You must have given up a lot for that A.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

This "H2" thread just reminds me of that Kamloops - Mexico killing incident. hahaaa
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote